Notices

SO I made it today

Old 06-12-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

SO I made it today

To IOP.
I didnt think I was going to make it because my gas light has been on for 2 days.
But I said screw it. As long as I make it there. Thats all that matters.
If I run out on the way back. Good. Then the long ass walk would give me plenty time to think about exactly why I couldnt get gas to begin with.
Self punishment I guess. But I deserve it. My family is pretty much done helping me. And I dont blame them a bit.
I need to be able to face my own consequences for once anyway.
So anyway..I did make it there AND back. Thank the HP or whatever it is looking out for me.
So I start Monday going 5 days a week.
I really liked the counselor. She was nice and very involved. Not just asking questions and writing stuff down. She found me interesting she said.
Who would have thought. Me interesting. At least she didnt almost faint like the last one who was horrified at every answer I gave.
I really pushed that one over the edge when I showed her my scars from last year. Ok so I have a little mean streak. Sorry. I felt like a freak show when that lady was interviewing me.,
Today the counselor was awesome. She was very interested in all my answers and had alot of input in just the intake.
She says I show signs of depression. And I know I always say I am not a depressed person. But she said you dont have to be holed up in bed and mopey to be depressed.
She said soemone like em who is pretty upbeat and humorous can be depressed as well. I guess I just dont get that. But I guess maybe I should start listening to people and stop diagnosing myself.
Probably will have a job by next week.
Grams seems ok.'
But I cant really think about hers or anyone elses opinions or approval at this point. This is for me beacause of me this round.
I dont think she is too concerned with my recovery anyway. As long as I get a job and pay some bills. Sad to say but thats where her mind is always at.
I think I have said that before. She is all about money alot.
Oh well. I know she loves me too and want s whats best. But she isnt the best support system at the moment.
I need to get to these groups and get to meetings and find a sense of belonging. Thats alot of my problem too. I do need to be around and form relationships with other people other than my family. Especially ones just like me who really understand what I am going through. I do get so very lonely alot.
Anyway. That was my day.
This is my new plan.
And if it wasnt for all of you always and I mean always willing to support me. Whether it be in a comforting way or even a kick in the ass way . I appreciate it all and love you guys.
And I am very sorry for being so morbid and depressing a few days ago. I know that worried alot of people and I am sorry.
So start another try. And this time I will be putting alot more effort in.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job on starting this new plan of action! It is wonderful that you like your counselor that will help you tremendously. Wishing you the best!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is great news Trish!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hi trish - i am so pleased for you! remember...you can get sober regardless of anyone! you are a very strong woman!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Progress.....is.....good!! I'm proud of you Trish!

Here's a kick in the butt for you in the hopes that you'll stick with it this time;-)
Old 06-12-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Trish)))

I was just wondering how you were! I'm glad you made it to IOP and that you like the counselor...it makes a HUGE difference when we "click" with someone..especially when that someone can help us!

I'm glad you're listening and not going to depend on your self-diagnosis. Heck, I've got years of being a nurse, and I'm not worth a damn at self-diagnosis! I can't tell you all the times I've come here, posted about something that was bothering me and everyone else could see what it was (depression, fear, trying to control something uncontrollable).

Good luck on the job. I'm trying to find a 2nd one and it's not going so great.

As far as grams, I think that you've accepted how she is. You know she loves you, and that's what matters the most.

Keep us posted, and keep putting that one foot in front of the other.

I'm like anvil...don't make me drive up there and kick your butt...can't afford the gas

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-12-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm thrilled, Chiy - & having a good counselor this time will be huge. By the way, I've always thought you were interesting too - in a good way. Your post put a big smile on my face. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

God bless you and your renewed strength. Pray you stay in the light.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Trish,

I am sooo proud of you!!

I know you can do this. You are taking great steps.

My life started turning around last year when I went to IOP. Put all you can into it and take this opportunity to learn and grow. You will be amazed at how great it feels to really begin to dig into this recovery stuff and grow. I am continually amazed daily. Always learning and growing.

My grandma sounds a lot like yours. She always has bills and money on the brain. I do know she wants the best for me and she wants me to be sober as I know your grams wants for you too.

I'm glad that you are going to IOP! Make the most of this opportunity!

You have a purpose in this life. Keep fighting for it! You are not alone... we are all pulling for you!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Trish, I thank you for the tears of Gratitude that are running down my face now!

I see so much hope in you today. You're not coming on here like you have in the past, putting on the "happy face" saying that you have control of your addiction now and that you are just fine. For me, fine is a f*cked up, insecure, neurotic excuse for saying you have no idea what the hell is going on in your life. I had to hit my rock bottom and part of that was admitting that I had no idea how to stay clean and sober . . . because I didn't! My way had failed me miserably for so many years.

I'm also glad to see that you are no longer putting Grams on a pedestal, seeing that not only is she not perfect, no one expects you or anyone else to be either. Us addicts tend to have unrealistic expectations of others and when we see that they aren't perfect, we can be let down. Please don't think I am saying anything negative about Grams, she has been such a Blessing in your life, we all know that. Just remember, she's human . . . just like you are. . . . .just like we all are. My Mom is from the same old school of money, money, money. I remember several times when I said I was going into detox to once again try to stay clean, one of the first things out of her mouth was,"Oh my God, how are you going to pay for . . . . ?" Sure, we need to be responsible and think about these things, but just like today with your gas tank, I truly believe that when we are doing our best and trying to make a better life for ourselves, God handles things for us. You mentioned something about having a job by next week, why don't you just get a get well job. . . a job with little stress and responsibility (ha ha) something just enough to put gas in the car to get you back and forth and make your car pmt. For many people, having money in their pocket is a trigger.

I am so happy that you left the facility in such hopeful spirits. You have made my week, Trish. Just seeing you feeling like there is hope after all is one of the greatest gifts of Recovery that us addicts/alcoholics will ever receive.

And for that . . . I thank you.

Much love,
Judy
Old 06-12-2008, 03:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Still here rooting for you Chiy :bounce. Sounds good so far.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am very proud of you
Old 06-12-2008, 06:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wow Chiy.....that's great news...you sound so different...I can feel the strong energy and life in your post...

Thanks you made my day with that!

Old 06-12-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad your counselor is a decent person and easy to talk with. It helps a lot to have trust and confidence in the person helping you. You do sound a lot better than you had. I'm glad you're feeling better!

:ghug
Old 06-12-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

yaaaay!!
atta girl..
so proud of you!

:ghug3
Old 06-12-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Onya (((((Trish))))
Old 06-12-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks for the generous share, Trish. I'm proud of you for taking action. Keep on doing the next right thing for your recovery, and I promise that your life will change in ways that you had only dreamed of. I'm behind you all the way.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

My friend!

You give me so much hope! Keep on keeping on and just keep doing the right thing for the right reason and all will be as it should be!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

There is a sig line in here that says; "Everything is already OK" I love that and know its so.

Kevin
Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

That's great news Trish. I'm proud of you.

Barb