Please Read - The Letter

Old 06-12-2008, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please Read - The Letter

Hello Everyone,

I am sure a lot of you have read this before but just in case I am going to put it on here...it helps me realize exactly what struggles that the addict does have...it was read at a funeral of a friend who lost her battle...Sorry it is pretty long.

Hello,
Have we met before? If not, let me tell you a little about myself. I don't share myself with just anyone. I pick only a chosen few who will appreciate me, and then, only if the timing is perfect. I have chosen you. People like you are very special to me because you are receptive to my many talents. You'll be anxious to know me better, and soon as we touch, the physical attraction between us will soar. We'll continue our encounter, with me leading you down a path of pure physical ecstasy. You'll feel no shame at having gone "all the way" on our first date. All you'll feel is exhilaration and you'll beg for more.

At first our attraction will be purely physical, and you must realize that this is a very important phase of our relationship. Be confident that it will grow into something much deeper. I am. As we get to know each other better, your interest will become emotional as well as physical. You'll learn to come to me with your problems; for not only will I help you with them, I will somehow take away their deep pain. I know that in time you will give yourself totally to me.
When you’re with me you’ll feel warm and secure. I will ease your mind, soothe away your troubles, and fill your soul with pleasure. With me, you’ll feel as if you can conquer the world, as if you have a special key to happiness. You’ll enjoy living again. I’ll be the answer to your unspoken prayers. You’ll soon wonder how you ever lived without me.
As our relationship grows, you’ll start to exclude others from your life…and that’s okay. You know that I can give you all you need. I’ll be your lover, best friend and confidante. I will always be available when you need me. This I will prove to you time and time again, and you’ll realize that you don’t need others-when you have someone like me, all others seem inadequate.
So, we’ll see more and more of each other and decide that it’s really impractical not to live together, so well make that move. Our life together will encompass many beautiful experiences.
Well do it all together: swim in the ocean, picnic on the beach, fly kites, and whenever you feel the urge, well make love. Our relationship will be devoid of fights or arguments. I’ll give myself completely to you, knowing ill receive the same in return.
You’ll soon realize that you’ve dedicated your life to me. It will happen before you know it. It sort of takes you by surprise, and you’ll wonder if maybe you should spend some time alone, away from me. After all, people say everyone needs some time alone, even if they’re in love. And the fact is, you are irresistibly in love with me. So you vow to take some time alone, even though you don’t want to. You’ll start spending the day in solitary adventure, doing something you’ve always wanted to do. After a few hours, though, you’ll find that you’re not really enjoying yourself, and realize that you miss me more than you ever thought you could. You’ll feel terrible, empty void without me and think about coming back home. It makes you a little angry that you didn’t keep the promise to yourself, but rationalize that you don’t have to come back home; rather you just want to. The whole way home you tell yourself that if you really wanted to spend the day alone, you could-you just didn’t want to.
When you walk through that door, wit will fill my heart with pleasure-for id be hoping that you wouldn’t spend the whole day away from me.
You’ll come running to me, and I’ll take you in my arms and hold you so tightly that it becomes a bit painful, but you won’t mine. Though you won’t see my face as I embrace you, I’ll have a very satisfied smile. For it’s the moment I have been waiting for. I’ve got you where I want you. You now have no choice. You cannot live without me and Ill love it!
It is precisely at this point that you cease to be my lover, and you become my victim. You see, my ultimate goal is to murder you, and I have begun to do just that. But my methods are slow. I can do it slowly because you won’t be able to leave me even though you know I am killing you. That’s the joy of it, the beauty of it! You will make a choice to die, and you’ll let me do it.
Do you recognize me yet? You should…for, you see, this relationship has already taken place between you and I. We are intimately acquainted, and now, I am patiently waiting for you to come back to me. I will follow you and wait for you wherever you go. I can wait forever…for, you see, I am your drug of choice.

Author Unknown
Old 06-12-2008, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

gives me chills...
Old 06-12-2008, 05:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So scarey but so sadly true.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I haven't read that, before; but as Patch said, it's absolutely chilling. Thanks for posting.
Old 06-12-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Whoa! How heartbreaking! Thank you for the reminder!
Old 06-12-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have never read that either and it is cold and very determined.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((Kay))))))))

Thanks for posting this letter.
With your permission, I'd like to print it out and
give it to my son.
Thanks again.
Hugs,
Linda
Old 06-13-2008, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Absolutely, please do...it is here for anyone who can benefit from it. I got it from my friends dad who had it, and had it read at her funeral. He says he pulls it out and reads it a lot so that he may understand what she was going through just a little bit more...I gave it to my son as well...
Old 06-15-2008, 10:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great post.........how true and cold, to the point.