Notices

My intro...

Old 06-09-2008, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My intro...

Hey everyone. I'm a 25 year old from Florida. Started drinking at an early age. It was an innocent thing in my teens. Something we'd do on the weekends and just have fun. As I got older my one day turned into two. The alcohol then soon later started taking a slow progress into drugs. Found a partner in which enhanced my drug use by 100x in which binges was introduced to my lifestlye.

By then, left partner.... started a new relationship with a new partner in which she had never tried a drug ... EVER. I saw this to be a great thing for myself in my transition from 24-25. She knew I was struggling...ah, well she knew I struggled. Those few months were bliss for me. I hadn't touched a drug but was drinking sociably. She wasn't much of a drinker herself. Fast forward a bit... things started getting ugly, still hadn't touched a drug.

Ended up turning out my "savior" wasn't much of a savior at all. Because I told her I had struggled and was a recovering addict she down talked me all the time. She used that to kick me while I was allready down but trying to get up. Relationship turned abusive(not physically). I left the relationship in which at this point she came to my home and completely vandalized it... By the time all was said and done, lost hope... started using and binging again with old partner due to my emotional status and here I am today....

Hope I didn't bore you... but thats a small taste of the last year or so of my life.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome to SR WhereBeJack, this is a great place to start your recovery!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
Welcome to SR WhereBeJack, this is a great place to start your recovery!
Thanks! That's why I'm here.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard! Glad you came here and I look forward to reading more posts from you. Don't worry about boring us because we don't bore easily. Everyone's story helps someone on the road to recovery and you just never know who or how many might be helped. Sorry about your ex, but glad you're trying to find some peace now.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Welcome aboard! Glad you came here and I look forward to reading more posts from you. Don't worry about boring us because we don't bore easily. Everyone's story helps someone on the road to recovery and you just never know who or how many might be helped. Sorry about your ex, but glad you're trying to find some peace now.
Definately trying to find some peace, friend. You have no idea how long I've been on that journey. I'm currently re-reading Nikki Sixx's Heroin Diaries for help as well. It's a great read on addiction and later somewhat a blessing that he is clean now. That guy is my idol. You can say I sorta live that sort of lifestyle. Where I live... every day is a party.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

For me, using is losing.

It was a cool part of my life for a long time, but we've all got to grow up (I think).

Welcome to the road to recovery.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Jack and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us and that you are looking to live a sober life.

I hope you keep posting and reading. There are lots of great people and lots of support here.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you found us....

Welcome to our recovery community
Old 06-09-2008, 05:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hi Jack! Welcome to the site. Lots of helpful people here with lots of support and encouragement.

All the best to you as you begin a sober life.:ghug3
Old 06-09-2008, 11:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Recovery is an interesting journey. Welcome to recovery and to SR!