Notices

Can someone show me the ropes?

Old 06-09-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobergirl71607

Can someone show me the ropes?

I'm new to SoberRecovery, will some tell me a little more about it. I know I posted some replies and feels GREAT to help others! Thanks , I hope to make new sober friends. Ashley
Old 06-09-2008, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ashley,

Welcome!

We're here to help each other through recovery and to help ourselves.

I'm Anna and I'm glad you found us!
Old 06-09-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Welcome to SR AW. Glad you found us. It's a great place with a great bunch of people.

What do you want to know? Ask away.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sobergirl71607

Really Happy to find SR

Thanks Ana and paperdolls, I appreciate the welcome! It was definitely GOD who brought me to SR, I was just messing around on the internet the other day and I found this, reading others inspiration and helping others has helped me sooo much.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I feel the same way AW. The people at SR are an inspiration. I'm glad you stumbled across the site.

Feel free to ask any questions. Lot's of good helpers here.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi again....

What did you decide to do about this?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ed-answer.html

Blessings
Old 06-09-2008, 02:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome Ashley,

You are a bit south of me on the same coast! Another Fl girl!! Ask away, sweetie. There are wonderful people here who are so very willing to help and support you!

:ghug3
Old 06-09-2008, 03:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
1 smile can stretch for miles

I am new to this site too. It has been a great find. Welcome to recovery. You are worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Hey AWdesign. You have found a great site. We are a planet wide community of drunks and druggies (both former and current) committed to providing hope and encouragement to all of our Brothers and Sisters that are in need. Don't hesitate to ask anything (except for medical advice). Someone on this big ole rock will jump in and help. I will also add that the people here have an unbelievable amount of love and compassion.

So, just chime in anytime. Let us know what's happening with you.

Last edited by Daddio; 06-09-2008 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-09-2008, 08:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Daddio you said it better than I could have!

Welcome to the site Ashley!:ghug
Old 06-12-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
sobergirl71607

A lttle more about my situation: Well, I'm gonna make a LONG story as short as possible: I have had a drinking and drug problem as long as I can remember...The situation starting coming to a head when I met my ex. He is a sociopath( ah the people we get involved while insane!)He was physically, mentally, psychologically, and emotionally abusive...I just couldn't find a way out. I was so frieking unhappy. Well, I finally left and then guess what I found out I was pregnant. And what do I do..go back. He was nice for about 3 days and then the abuse started back up. I used drugs with him while pregnant, the whole time and everytime we were coming down he would say he was going to call DCF on me. When I would try to leave that's what he would say. Finally, I had the baby on 7-7-07, crazy huh? A whole month early(because of the drugs). My little man tested positive for cocaine and so did I, but luckily he had no withdrawl symptoms and is perfect and smart and beautiful I might add. So DCF was called anyway. My ex was doing oxy's in the hospital bathroom and he had someone pee for him so he could get custody. I started a program called Family Drug Court on July 16, 2007. My ex was continuing to use drugs right in front of me and one time when I was at a meeting he was passed out from being up for two days and I came home and my little man was crying, who knows how long(he was only 2 months old). I had to call my ex's name 7 times before he woke up and that was the last straw! I told on him for doing drugs and he somehow passed the drug test(he is very good at decieving..he's an addict) I moved to my parents and we continued to talk, thinking maybe we could work things out..what was I thinking?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sobergirl71607

Continued...My ex's motto is "keep your friends close and your enemies closer" We would meet up when he had the baby so I could see him and 2 times he put cocaine in my coffee once and my water once so I would fail drug tests( he knew when I had to take them) As you can imagine I felt I was going crazy...I knew I hadn't done any coke, I rather drink if I were going to mess up my sobriety, and of course no one believed....at first. I ended up in jail for 10 days(never been before) and rehab for 28 both a court order. Well not too long after I got out of jail my ex got caught for credit card fraud, his third time twice before convicted, he has 20 charges, 17 of them felonys. He was in jail for two months before getting bailed out and now he's out on bond. While in jail his friends and family called me and told me he had put cocaine in my drinks so I could never have custody back. Now that he is out of jail and while he was in ther I quit all contact, he is terrorizing my family is about to get custody back of my baby boy until I get mine back in a couple months, then it will be joint until he goes to prison( which hopefully he will) It's not just my family he is terrorizing, it's everyone who doesn't want to be around him. I'm trying to stay positive thru all this but my faith sometimes falters. The good news is that even though he is retaliating, I'm NOT, I pray for him, and I keep doing what I can, i am still making straight a's in school and working my program!:ghug2
Old 06-12-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You've got a lot on your plate right now. I will pray for strength and peace for you and your baby.:ghug2:praying
Old 06-12-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR - You will find sanity and peace here. Keep coming back.

The spiking your drink ploy is just horrible... I'm speechless. Can you press charges for something like that? It would seem to me to be attempted poisoning.

My prayers are with you.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi and welcome AW. I hope you find some support and strength here. That sounds like a horrible situation. Advice: I would not drink or eat anything ever again while in that guys presence.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Just Keep Login in, and is just my suggestion,make some
out side Meetings and if you are not ready then
just keep posting and
Old 06-13-2008, 11:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sobergirl71607

Thanks so m uch for everyones support, just so you guys know I have absolutely NO contact with my ex, and I wouldn't call it attempted poisoning but attempted murder. I tried to press charges but there is no solid proof except a bunch of testimonies. Oh, well let go and let God right? Also a little update, the cops are looking for him as we speak for grand theft auto and violation of injunction. His ex-best friend put a restraining order on him and he violated and being the loser that he is his car is in his mom's name and she reported it stolen. Bad part is he has visitation with my son for the next few days and no one knows where he is....all in God's time! Thanks again for your support!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I hope your son is OK with him AW. Keep posting and doing the right things.