Notices

Gratitude Coffee Talk

Old 06-08-2008, 03:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Gratitude Coffee Talk

As I was laying in bed last night, going through my mental list of all the things I'm thankful for, it "hit" me, that the list is getting longer. There was a time when I used to pray for something to be grateful for.

I also thought of everyone here, and started listing you all by name. Then, I had another realization...

I generally only get on this "Newcomers" section. I see so much support, and so much WISDOM, that I actually forget that most everyone here, is NEW! I was in awe, as I thought back on the posts from some of you that were so inspiring, and then realize later, that those same people have only 2/6/20/120/whatever, DAYS SOBER!

The way your posts read, is like hearing from someone who had been on the road for a very long time.

You don't realize how strong you really are!!!

The "oldtimers" who come here, to me, are sort of a ROCK of stability. When I think I'm going to lose it, I can come here, and I get so much clarity.

So, You ALL have inspired this thread. Let's list something that you are thankful for TODAY, that you might not have either, had, or thought of, back in the drinking/using days....

I'll start:

I am thankful for ALL OF YOU!!!
I am also thankful for all of the people with much time under their belts who come here to help all of us newbies, you guys are so very much appreciated!!!

:ghug

Honu
Old 06-08-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks for being here for me.
Old 06-08-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great idea Honu! Grateful for SR definitely!! Also, grateful to even think about returning to college after all these years. Never would I have thought this possible when I was still drinking because it wouldn't have been possible, but now anything is possible!!
Old 06-08-2008, 07:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wonderful idea, Honu,

I am grateful for all of the wonderful people here and the wisdom, strength and experiences they have shared!

Old 06-08-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Great thread Honu, I want you to know that with a little over 14 years sober, I come to the newcomers section not only to give support, but to Get it. Some of the best help I get is from the newcomer, don't ever think, that just because you are newer to recovery, that you don't have the gift of healing and support for others in recovery, no matter how much clean time we have. So today, I am grateful for you.....you helped me stay sober, one more day...

Cathy
Old 06-08-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes....well put Honu

First Grateful for SR and all who post here!
I am grateful for a 2nd chance to get it right, more like the 1000th chance to get it right LOL!

Old 06-08-2008, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am also grateful for my job, car, dog, home, dishwasher, eyesight, brain, flowers, birds, hope, friends, summer, sunshine, water, two legs to carry me, my bed, my music, my parents, air conditioning, farmers' markets, my new bike, this new day, books, etc.

I used to not have a list. Now, however, if I think hard enough, it goes on forever.

Nothing has really changed in my life, except for the absence of wine. So, I am just hanging onto my list.

Thanks for listening!

Honu
Old 06-08-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Thank you Honu for starting this thread. Surly was right about those of us with a little time under our belts being able to come here and get as well as receive inspiration.

I am grateful for a caring, loving and forgiving God that threw me over his shoulder and carried from a drunken hell to a sober now.

I am gratefull for the plants I am buying today for new place, the music that soothes me, the hot days we are having and the rains that are coming.

I am grateful for those that developed and maintain this fantastic site. And to think that they do it for my old drunk a--. LOL
Old 06-08-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am grateful you are here Honu.

There is a forum here called the 'the gratitude list' BTW, I used to have a thread there that I posted in each day...after seeing your post I think I will start another.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thanks honu

I've been avoiding this thread all morning

then, just a few minites ago i decided to go back and re-read a thread i started a few weeks ago when i was feeling alone. It lifted me up all over again.

I'm so grateful I'm not where i was on July 24, 2008. I really appreciate all of you for being here. Although i have let things go too much in my house the last few weeks....i am grateful that i still know there is a way out of this dump.

Thanks, Thanks, and double Thanks!

thanks that i have a lawn to mow ?????
Old 06-08-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i'm grateful for this thread.

I'm grateful to be sober and therefor pretty clear-minded.

i'm grateful to be alive.