Page 82 in the big book (step-9)

Old 06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

Page 82 in the big book (step-9)

I posted this on another forum but wanted to share it with you too. As you know my husband is an alcoholic but what some of you might not know is that I too am an alcoholic. I have not had a drink in over two years and just started AA about a month ago. Things are starting to fall into place for me and beleive it or not..... I have come to realize that a lot of my issues are mine, not his. I am not saying life is grand but when I focus on me, I realize I have set my self up for years and was in denile about my part.
Hus to all.
Dale

I have been going to meetings now for about a month. I have also been reading the big book and this is one thing that realy struck a cord with me.
Step nine talks about making ameds and of course you have to face what you did wrong in order to do that. You can't just say your sober and thats enough. We need to clean up the messes we made in order to get past who we were and become who we should have been and could still be.

[We feel a man is unthinking when he says that sobriety is enough. He is like the farmer who came up out of his cyclone cellar to find his home ruined. To his wife, he remarked, "Don't see anything the matter here, Ma. Ain't it grand the wind stopped blowin?]

I have just started step 4 and when I focus and am honest with my self.... I can see that even though the wind has stopped blowing, I still have a lot of work ahead of me.

have a great day.
Dale
Old 06-03-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Thank you for posting this Dale. It makes me incredibly grateful and happy to hear that you've joined us in the rooms of AA. I hope you find it to be as rewarding as my children and I do. We really do have a life beyond our wildest dreams, being sober made that all possible.