Lost My Son

Old 06-02-2008, 10:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost My Son

I came here a couple weeks ago asking for advice on how to help my son who was addicted to prescription drugs. I received replies and prayers from many of you.
On May 14, my son left home in Michigan to go to Wisconsin with a girl. On May 24, 2008, my son was found dead in a motel room. We do not know yet the cause of death as there is an investigation ongoing because the girl was seen leaving the hotel at the estimated time of death. The police department nor the coroner is releasing any information to me at this time so we do not know the cause of death. They say it could have been an overdose or it could have been a heart attack that drugs contributed to.
I am having a very difficult time dealing with his death and all the unanswered questions. I am feeling lost. I know that I need to talk to people and I know that many of you here may have experienced the loss of someone or can offer some comforting words of advice.
I have family and friends but noone that has ever lost a child. I would like to be able to make friends here and be able to talk when I need to.
I thank you all for listening.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I am so sorry for your lost angeleyez. I am praying for you, your son and your family!

I hope the detectives are able to find out soon what happened and why the girl didnt report anything. Again know your in my prayers to night.

hugs,
Jewelz
Old 06-02-2008, 10:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My heart is broken for you. You are living through my biggest, worst nightmare. I wish I oculd say something that would be of some help to you, but all I can do is listen. I send you prayers and hugs, and remind you that whatever you did in terms of your relationship with your son, was what you thought was best. You did your best.

I am so sorry for your loss. Time will bring some peace - but until then, you have come to the right place to talk. There are lots of good listeners here.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Oh Angeleyez,

I am so sorry for your loss.
Others will be around soon who will be able to
lend some comforting words to you.
Your boy is out of pain, I hope that brings you
some peace. Love and Light to you and your family.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Your boy is at peace, now. I cannot imagine your pain.Please, when you have the time and if so inclined, share your son's story with us.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by angeleyez42 View Post
I came here a couple weeks ago asking for advice on how to help my son who was addicted to prescription drugs. I received replies and prayers from many of you.
On May 14, my son left home in Michigan to go to Wisconsin with a girl. On May 24, 2008, my son was found dead in a motel room. We do not know yet the cause of death as there is an investigation ongoing because the girl was seen leaving the hotel at the estimated time of death. The police department nor the coroner is releasing any information to me at this time so we do not know the cause of death. They say it could have been an overdose or it could have been a heart attack that drugs contributed to.
I am having a very difficult time dealing with his death and all the unanswered questions. I am feeling lost. I know that I need to talk to people and I know that many of you here may have experienced the loss of someone or can offer some comforting words of advice.
I have family and friends but noone that has ever lost a child. I would like to be able to make friends here and be able to talk when I need to.
I thank you all for listening.
I am so sorry for your loss. Those words seem pretty trite to me right now.
My son is in jail for prescription medication abuse. People seem to think I am cruel for not helping, at least he is jail and is safe.

I don't know that any words will help you over the death of your child. I am so sorry. Yes, I know at this point you would probably change places with him. Please keep reading and posting. If anybody here can be of assistance know that we will be.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Angeleyez, I am so sorry for your loss.
Prayers for peace and comfort going out to all who love him.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Angeleyez, I am the mother of an addict. I know the fear you have lived with.
I am so very sorry that your worst fear came true.
Blessing and prayers

The Cord

We are connected, my child and I
by an invisible cord, not seen by the eye
It's not like the cord that connects us 'til birth
this cord can't be seen by any on earth
This cord does its work right from the start
it binds us together attached by my heart
I know that it's there, though no one can see
the invisible cord from my child to me
the strength of this cord is hard to describe
it can't be destroyed, it can't be denied
it's stronger than any cord man can create
it withstands the tests, can hold any weight
and though you are gone, though you're not here with me
the cord is still there, but no one can see
It pulls at my heart, I am bruised, I am sore
But this cord is my lifeline as never before
I am thankful that God connects us this way
A parent and child, death can't take this away ...
Author Unknown ~
Old 06-03-2008, 02:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Angeleyez, words cannot express how very sorry I am for you, your son and all who loved him. I cannot imagine the pain in your heart, but please know that our prayers go out for you today and in the days to come.

Sadly, there are many here who have lost a loved one to the hideous disease of addiction. May you be comforted by their courage and strength and being able to share with people who truly understand what you are going through.

Your son rests with God and shall suffer no more. May the good memories of days gone by remain in your heart forever.

Hugs of Compassion

Old 06-03-2008, 02:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
To Life!

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time of pain. :praying
May you find peace in the knowledge that he is at rest with G*D.

Shalom!
Old 06-03-2008, 03:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-03-2008, 03:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((Angeleyez))) I can not even imagine your pain. I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you, your family and your son.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

2 days ago i lost my cousin from a heroin overdose. he was only 25 years old. He was living with my aunt and uncle then was shooting up in their house. They sent him to rehab and when he got out he went back to doing the same stuff. They found him dead in the bathtub at one of his friends houses.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

My heart goes out to you, I'm praying for strength during this terrible time, your son will be at peace now and you need to find your own too. Welcome to SR, I'm sure you will soon find friends who have been in a similar situation who you can talk with. I too have an addict son and daughter and can empathize with you.
gentle hugs and blessings.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dear Angeleyez,

Oh, honey, I am so sorry for this sudden shock. Sending prayers your way that you might find some peace soon with your son's death. Please remember that is okay to not be able to make any sense of why it happened, or even how it happened. Addiction makes no sense, plain and simple. I hope that you can surround yourself with loved ones who will help you keep your focus on YOU. When our addicts are in active use, we learn about detachment, taking care of ourselves, and turning them over to God; with death, we must remember to continue to do the same. Take care of YOU today, your loved ones, and turn the "what happened?" thoughts over to God. You don't have to figure anything out anymore. Please continue to post for love and support, Angel.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have never seen god come from the sky to help me however i feel god everytime iam with a loving friend.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for you in the loss of your son.
prayers,
susan
Old 06-03-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Angeleyez))

I'm so sorry this has happened to your son. I can't imagine the pain you feel. I send my love and my prayers for you.

Hugs
B
Old 06-03-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
11d

I am so sorry for your loss. God has a plan for each of us. You may not ever understand. There is a reason. You are facing my biggest fear. I have been told that the path to God is not paved smoothly. Take care of yourself. Please keep posting and sharing.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh (((((Angeleyes))))
I am so sorry for your loss.
I hope that we can be of some comfort during this difficult time.
(((Hugs)))