Update on RAH on Modanifil Clinical Trial

Old 06-02-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on RAH on Modanifil Clinical Trial

My first post about this was here:
LINK

My husband is about to begin his trial on this drug. They are using it with meth addicts to see if it helps with their addiction. But, we've hit a small snag. He went in for a full physical and psych. evaluation before he started.

They told him at one point (aren't sure when,) he probably suffered a mild heart attack. He's 38. They said it's probably because of his drug use in the past. His blood pressure is also very very high and he has to see a doctor and get on some kind of medication before he can begin.

He was pretty shaken. He got home, told me (tears in his eyes,) and just held our 10 month old daughter and began to cry. He said he wants to be there to watch her grow up and that's he so afraid now, afraid because of what he's done to his body.

I was supportive. I hugged him. I need to lose a few pounds, so I told him we could start eating healthy together, that I'd try to help where I could in that regard. I also told him that when he gets on high blood pressure medication, he will feel better (less headaches, etc.)

I don't mean to sound cold, but there is a part of me that is glad he got a bit of a wake-up call. Many people do drugs and probably think, "that kind of thing will never happen to me." It happened to him. His body is paying the price now. I love him very much and I do not want anything bad to happen to him, but maybe now he is really starting to understand what can happen if he goes back to this evil drug.

Anyway, I just wanted to update you all. I'll keep you informed when he starts. The thing is, if the medication works well for him (and it's obvious he didn't get a placebo--which I think on this kind of drug, he'll KNOW,) then he can get a script to continue it on a less-formal basis through his doctor (and with permission from the clinic where he's doing the testing.) The material seems very intriguing so far, but we'll see how it goes. I'm still being very vigilant and keeping my eyes and ears very open.

Thank you for reading!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Your Not being cruel at all. Any wake up call is a God given one, if you ask me. If it got him to open his eyes, then it can't be a bad thing. And isn't it ironic he gets this info. right before this trial, even more of a reason to take this and his recovery serious.

Thanks for the update! I'm really glad he's okay btw..
Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I hope you are right that your husband has had " a WAKE-UP CALL"
Good luck with the clinical trial.