Notices

the sober life thread

Old 05-30-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the sober life thread

Day eight is coming slowly to an end. So good to be sober. Suffering with some stomach problems tough, diarrea and such. Proberly it will go away, otherwise i will visit in three days or so a doctor.

I have decided to keep my travel towards/with sobriety in this thread alone for now. Starting a new one everyday is tiring, and this way it's easier for me to keep track of my own thoughts and such.

So far i'm enjoing life sober, with all the ups and downs.

take care y'all

love,
Old 05-30-2008, 12:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 05-30-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great.

You can use this as a daily journal and you can update each day!
Old 05-31-2008, 03:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

day nine

I started dreaming last night. Really intense dreams, about using weed and XTC, running, chaotic, I remeber really wanting to wake up but I just couldn't.
When I finally did, the first minute or so I felt really bad, cause I thought I relapsed. But then, after a yawn or two, I realised that I did not relapse. I'm still clean!!!!
It's like my brain is finally starting to work again, my thoughts are slowly getting more focussed, less bouncing around, I have more energy too.

Anyways,

Today I have a day off. So I went to the gym this morning. I don't have much plans for the rest of the afternoon, except passing some sales-exam online, for my new job.

I didn't mention this before, but I'm a shopmanager for a music/games/dvd store now. It's like some boys dream coming true, I can listen to music all day, and talk movies and videogames with customers and collegea's. They first wanted to hire me as a salesman, but I didn't do college for nothing, so I did demanded more pay and responsibilities. Still it requires less thinking then the innovation-platform I used to work for, so I can use the energy to recover.

It's excellent for now!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

day 11

still here, still sober

yesterday, after work I went with some friends to a bar. I didn't drink, just smoked two sigarettes. Three now since I stopped, I really can't be bothered by it, cause I'm still sober. I know now that I can't do it all at once, still that is no excuse

Today I had another day off, so I went to an old friend in another city, about two hours by train from my town. It's nice to visit good people that keep a healthy lifestyle.

My stomach problems are slowly fading away, that is a good thing. I'm sleeping better, and I need less of it too. Still dreaming vivid, sometimes about smoking weed or doing other drugs, sometimes about running away from creatures or objects, and sometimes just a sensation of feelings and images.

the best thing is I realise that all these bodely sensations are just a temporary thing, they cannot and should not control my actions.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

Originally Posted by coming_clean View Post
So far i'm enjoing life sober, with all the ups and downs.

take care y'all

love,
Congratulations on your journey. It's a heck of a ride but well worth the price of admission.

BTW. Your location indicates that you are in the Netherlands. You must be a Southern transplant using Y'all like that. And knowing how to spell it. LOL
Old 06-03-2008, 11:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Daddio: lol, I am actualy from the south of the Netherlands,

day 13,

Almost twee weeks. This is the longest sobertime I had in about two years!!!!!!!!!!

Life continues as it should, working, excersising, fun-time with my girlfriend, sleeping, being gratefull towards my sobriety. One point of attention tough, on day 12, yesterday I smoked another cigarette. This was number 4 since my sobriety. Sigs have to go from now on too. I'm afraid I otherwise start compensating, and that never worked out for me. So no coffee drinking in bars and stuff, at least for a while.

life is great, and I am gratefull

my love for those who are struggeling,

Last edited by coming_clean; 06-03-2008 at 11:12 PM. Reason: can't spell
Old 06-03-2008, 11:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

*made a double post*
Old 06-04-2008, 10:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

day 13, and the beginning of day 14

Yesterday I was starting to get sick,very soar throat,clogged nose, numb and slight temperature raise. But I was at work so I couldn't allow myself to crash. I took, devided over the whole day, 3 ubiprofin and two paracetamol. I went to bed at 9 pm.

I woke up this morning, at around 6:30 a.m., just couldn't go back to bed anymore. I still dont feel great, but it's not crippeling so I think I can go to work again, as long as I don't stress myself. I'll proberly take some painkillers, just to stop the fever again. I'm couching up some awfull smelling and tasting stuff, maybe my longes finally start cleaning themselves out of marihuana and tar and such.

I also gonna took a high dose of echinacea,wich supposenly is to boost my defences and some multivitamine. If I still get sick, it's ment to be cause I did everything to prevent it. lot's of Sleep, healthy food, some innocent medicine and the avoidance of stress. Curieus what today will bring me.

After today, I'm two weeks sober!!!!! Excellent tought.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

day 14 continues:

I gotten sick during the day, it's truely ment to be. Left work early and slept for six or seven hours straight. Tomorrow I have gotten the day off too, say I get the chance to recover properly.

In a strange way it helps my recovery too. It forces me to face life in all it toughness.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

day 15

sober and sick

I had problems sleeping, cause I could not breathe through my nose. I'm eating breakfast now, while reading posts on the forums. I'm glad I got another day off from work today, cause otherwise things would have gone ugly.

still couching up all sorts of things, runny nose, and tired. At least my temperature raise is gone, so that's a good thing.

Don't really have the energy to actively work on my recovery, so some forum reading/posting is as good as it get's today.

take care,
Old 06-06-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

day 15

still sick and sober....

I think it's karma, after i gave up the drugs, I just have lived my life for about two week without facing the truth: recovery. I used all my reserves and energy to pretend nothing was going on. I called today and asked for another two days off, they really need me next week due to festivities in the city, so I gotta get fully better.

I realise now how stressed and up-tempo I was. Having difficulty breathing forces you to slow down, it took me almost two days to realise that.

So, a lot of new insights, this being sick is almost a good thing lol. I even have the chance to quit sigs fully, and I am defenitly taking it!
Old 06-07-2008, 01:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thanks for ur post steamvessel,

day 16

less sick and sober..

I woke up this morning feeling a bit better, still it would have been a mess if I had gone to work tough. My feases (sorry for the details but hey this is about recovery isn't it) finally are fuly normal again, after more then two weeks. Can't tell you how much a relief that is. I knew before that THC attaches to receptors in the brain that control unconsious body functions such as hartbeat and digestion, but that they would influence my digestion this much I have never dared to believe. It must have been stress, ignoring my bodely-recovery by focussing purely on the mind. But hey that;s what weed does, it makes you think way too much.

I feel a bit more balanced now, between mind and body. As soon this cold goes i'm gonna start meditating again, to actually keep that balance, even when working and such.

The rest of the day i'm just resting, gaining strenght and watching movies. Finished alien 1 this morning, how I love the whole atmosphere that movie breathes. Sometimes special effects are not necessary.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey there CC! I think your symptoms are normal. Think of it all as PROGRESS!

Stay with it! It gets better!

I am in Amsterdam frequently, and I think it would be hard to get sober there. So, I think that you deserve a big ole'

Honu
Old 06-08-2008, 02:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

thanks for the support Honu,

The city I live in isn't really like Amsterdam, with all the hookers and dealers everywhere. But still there are 3 coffeeshops within a fifteen minute walk.

day 17

wauw, day 17!

Since a two or three nights i'm experience proper deep sleep again, not some comatose druggie-crash. Really vivid dreams, from cloverfield-kinda monstermovies to smoking drugs. I wake up energized and with (once again sorry about the details) really powerfull erections, didn't have that in a long time. My sexdrive is back with a vengeance lol.
My cold is slowly clearing a bit. Still couching a lot, and my nose is still clogged, but at least I don't feel like a mess all the time anymore. Tomorrow I will be fit enough to work again, this time I know it for sure. I really want to again. I have been doing nothing for four days now, starting to get a bit restless. Still by being sick I learned a lot about taking things a bit more easy, especially because i'm in recovery.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Just more signs that you are alive! Things getting back to normal, and toxins on their way out! Have a wonderful day! I am very proud of you!

Honu
Old 06-08-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

day 17

I always believed when I quit, it would just take me a day or two, maybe three to get all the toxins out. But, it actually took me more then two weeks, and maybe i'm still not there. A clear sign that I underestimated this whole recovery process. This awareness will help me a lot in the process.

thanks you Honu,

nice
Old 06-09-2008, 01:45 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

day 18

sober!

This morning I went to the gym, I worked from 12:00 - 20:00 pm and then when to visit some friends who were in a pub. Didn't smoke, didn't drink, didn't feel urges to do drugs. Just excellent. I sipped from my green tea, and just had fun, focusing on what they had to say, instead of what they were consuming. I will practise this more, focusing on the words they speak.

I would like to reflect more, but it is time for me to go to bed. Getting a good night rest is a major part of recovery for me.

love to y'all and keep up the good fight!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

wow CC, look at you !!
I'm so proud

Old 06-09-2008, 03:33 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I enjoy reading your posts CC....

I lived in Amsterdam, NL for 4 years and my dreams of immigrating there came to an end after a falling out with my business partner. I so miss the attitude of the Dutch as liberal/non-judgemental people in general. I still battled my alcohol problems but miss living there. I pray for the best for you.