What drug is this?

Old 05-29-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What drug is this?

Someone left a voice mail for my (R?)AD on the house phone. It was "120 will get you 7 grams, same as yesterday".

Anyone have a clue what substance this is about?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Coke? no clue
Old 05-29-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

does it matter really what it is?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I don't know the cost of drugs
so it's hard to say

Does it matter?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

don't think it would be coke if so the price has dropped drastically in the last 10+ yrs!!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
the crucial part to me is "same as yesterday"

that's way too cheap for coke........or meth.
maybe pot, cuz that would be about a quarter ounce....

still tho, doubt they are referring to soda pop.......
the crucial part to me would be '(R?)AD', if they were using my phone number I'd expect honesty for starters, but that's me.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((outtolunch))))))))

I don't think it matters much either, sweetie.
Sounds like a drug deal to me.
Sending prayers that you batten down the hatch
and prepare yourself for anything.
I'm sorry and I hope it was some misunderstanding.
If she tries to tell you it's just that....
things may not be going good in her recovery.
Praying,
Old 05-29-2008, 08:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would be asking (R?)AD what's up. Do you have caller ID?
Old 05-29-2008, 09:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have no doubt this message was related to a deal. I have caller ID and this call was from a restricted #. Beats me why she gave out our home phone when she has a cell phone. What is that saying, " stupid is as stupid does"?

I have no problem with confrontation and expect she will lie, deny and twist it. I would like to know the drug that was being dicussed. Her DOC is heroin although she will use just about anything.

This is a clear sign that she is involved in something and the confrontation will force her to be more careful, going forward, until the next, " stupid is as stupid does" stunt.

I have to decide if I want her living in this house, now that I know. Was ignorance bliss?
Old 05-29-2008, 09:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

My guess is (cheap) weed.

****{Outtolunch}}}}
Old 05-29-2008, 09:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Armchair Revolutionary

well like they all said it couldn't be coke or meth, too cheap. Unless it's different where you are, 7 grams of weed for 120 is absolute murder. A hundred twenty would get closer to an ounce where i am. but trust me its not pot. its not a drug you can burn through too quickly either compared to coke or meth. I don't think 120 worth of any kind of pot would be gone in a single day.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I'm going to put a different spin on this.

I haven't followed any of your threads, but to me, a Recovery Addict, it sounds to me like someone is trying to get your daughter is trouble.

Think about it. If your daughter has a cell phone, there is NO WAY that she would give your home phone number out, especially regarding a drug deal.

Your daughter may have really ticked some people off when she quit using. I'm not saying she is in any danger or anything. It's not that drug dealers are coming after her. Please don't think this is what I am saying. When someone pulls away from the drug scene, "old friends" get hurt. Sounds to me like someone is trying to start some problems for your daughter. Like I said, I haven't followed any of your threads,so I have no idea how old your daughter is or what any of the other circumstances are surrounding her addiction.

Remember, I am a Recovering Addict and no one leaves messages like this on a phone. That's really only on television. Someone called your home phone number, left this message, knowing that you were going to hear it. Especially with the reference to "same as yesterday."

When someone is returning a call in reference to drugs, a simple, "call me back" is all that is left. Addicts are way to paranoid to leave a message like that. Restricted phone number or not.

If you need to talk some more about my thoughts on this, feel free to send me a PM.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 05-30-2008, 03:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I was thinking the same as serenityqueen, sounds like a really bad prank
Old 05-30-2008, 04:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I was thinking the same thing (bad prank or angry ex-drugie friend) she has her own cell phone.

But, because I am such a Codie... I immediately chastised myself for that thought. I was always giving the benefit of the doubt to my (2) addicted children.. and how did that work out for us

I was reluctant to post my thoughts, for fear of the "frying pan smacked upside the head" for my codie slip

(I know this is a bat, but I could not find the frying pan - and I have lost my spell check too)
Lord knows, I should have bruises when I should have been smacked

I agree, just confront your daughter about the message, but have a plan if you get answers that you don't like.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am not an addict but did spend some time around drug dealers in college and I was also kind of surprised that someone would leave that much detail on a message.

It sounds like you need to have a conversation with your daughter.

(((HUGS))) to you.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

She denied having a clue about it. But then again, she would deny it, if she knew.

I could not make heads or tails out of 7 grams of X for 120. I am not even certain which drugs are sold by the gram versus, oh I don't know, the bag or whatever. I thought it was more likely to be serious narcotics, than not.

She has been diagnosed ADD, Bipolar, Borderline Persoanlity Disorder, Dependent Personality Disorder, Narsisistic Personality Disorder and Schizoaffective Disorder. I believe them all and yet, none at all. I don't know where the line is between mental/emotional illness and drug use. No one does.

Her IQ is in the normal range and yet for all intents and purposes she is child like. She might be the one and only super Hannah Montana Fan who is a heroin addict or is that the only heroin addict who adores Hannah Montana? The contradictions are enormous. It's like having a toddler who happens to be almost 20 who is a heroin addict.

My gut tells me she is using something. As I have said, it's impossible to tell given her constant mood swings. If she is, money and stuff will begin to disappear and/or she will lose her job and another spiral will begin.

I have chosen to not go down the drug ( urine) testing route but am inclined to pop for a hair test. And then, if as I suspect, she is using, then what......

She becomes just another mentally/emotionally unstable drug addict on the streets and maybe this time, the consequences will play themselves out, prison and/or death.

And yeah, I do get that I am powerless to control anything but my own reaction.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Cool

Just a couple of points; you've received a lot of great responses.....:

1) "...She denied having a clue about it. But then again, she would deny it, if she knew..." --- Well, wouldn't she deny having a clue if she REALLY DIDN'T have a clue...? ....just a thought (o:

2) "... I thought it was more likely to be serious narcotics, than not..." --- I can, in almost total confidence, say that there's NO 'serious narcotic' that a person could purchase for..... 7 grams for $120 (like $17. a gram?)....heck, if there were, I might even be tempted.....................NAH.....lol

See....? I told you I didn't have much, but I believe the posters who wrote that it's someone's sick idea of a joke.....hah, NOT funny

Peace Out Y'all
NoelleR
Old 05-31-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
She becomes just another mentally/emotionally unstable drug addict on the streets and maybe this time, the consequences will play themselves out, prison and/or death.
I don't have a clue if kicking your daughter out is the right thing for you or her. The mental illness you described is a lot for her to overcome. I know my daughter had a few diagnosis too but when she stopped actively using, only one stayed with her.

My mom is the drug and alcohol case manager at a homeless shelter in a major metropolitan area. She has a lot of clients with co-occurring disorders and they span all ages. Some have been in prison, some have spent their lives on the streets. I asked her one time if it's really depressing to her and she said no in the grand scheme of things. It gives her hope because there are so many of them and they've survived, are actively working towards a better life.

My mom always has a story of hope. How some have come back and let her know they are surviving and even thriving. How they've finally accepted their mental illness and are working with it, not against it.

My mom was doing this job long before my daughter became an addict, and I've seen what could be. At first I was so freaked out because my daughter could end up one of them and I told my RAD that. She knew it too. When she was winding down during the active phase into maintenance, she mentioned my mom's job too.

At some point I decided to adopt my mom's philosophy, that there is so much hope as evidenced by the hundreds who walk through her door looking for and wanting a new life.

Whatever you decide, I'm praying for your daughter and for your serenity.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post

Her IQ is in the normal range and yet for all intents and purposes she is child like. She might be the one and only super Hannah Montana Fan who is a heroin addict or is that the only heroin addict who adores Hannah Montana? The contradictions are enormous. It's like having a toddler who happens to be almost 20 who is a heroin addict.
I remember hearing or reading that when a child starts using "hard core drugs" at an early age the maturity kind of stops and when they get into recovery the child has alot of catching up to do. Now I know I just put an entire weekend conference into one sentence but I hope you get what I'm trying to say.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rahsue View Post
I remember hearing or reading that when a child starts using "hard core drugs" at an early age the maturity kind of stops and when they get into recovery the child has alot of catching up to do. Now I know I just put an entire weekend conference into one sentence but I hope you get what I'm trying to say.
I was told the same thing at a NAMI course, that a person with certain mental
illnesses stops maturing at the onset of the illness.