Come, Sit With Me A While...

Old 05-28-2008, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Come, Sit With Me A While...

Bring your coffee and come sit on my deck this morning. Together we will watch the sun rise bringing each of us a new day, a day that promises us peace and beauty, if we just take a moment to notice.

I think sunrise is my favourite time of day, especially now that the weather is warmer and I can sit with my coffee and just watch the world wake up. The birds on the island we see are beginning their morning symphony and the air is crisp and still.

There was a time when my darkness blinded me to the beauty of each day, a time when my pain and obsessions occupied all the space in my mind and my spirit. I am so grateful today for the peace I have found, for the beauty my eyes see each morning, and for the lingering calm that I can carry with me the rest of the day....no matter what the day brings.

As the world begins it's day to day business, as the noise begins and life spins around me, it's nice to be able to take my mind back to this morning and God's promise that I can handle whatever comes my way.

I say a prayer every morning, on my deck, asking God to take care of my son and all the addicts who still suffer, and asking Him to light my path today and guide me when I get confused.

So, bring your coffee and sit over here. Just take a deep breath of morning air and know that whatever unfolds today, we are not traveling alone. Let's walk together along the shore of life remembering the beauty, the promise of a new day. And let us decide how we will accept this new day, with our hope rekindled and our spirits refreshed.

Let this morning on my deck remain in our thoughts today, as we share our coffee and our hearts and our recovery.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you, Ann. What a beautiful picture and thought to wake up to

I will be better able to "sit" with you next week, after school lets out! Three more days...ahhhh. Your view is quite beautiful, as is your recovery, Ann. Definitely a beacon toward which I can set my sights. Thanks for the "model"!
Old 05-28-2008, 03:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Ann))) - thanks for such a beautiful post.

I've gotta tell you, though. If I could ever sit on your deck, with the views you have, it would take a bulldozer to make me leave (or maybe a blizzard?).

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-28-2008, 03:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((Ann))))

Thanks for the lovely invitation. I like sitting with you on your deck and affirming that today is filled with possibilities. I also pray with you for the addict that still suffers that soon they will be You know when ever two or more are gathered in His name He is with us. The coffee taste pretty good too...
Old 05-28-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am right there with you, my friend. I love the freshness of morning, and the idea that each day is a new beginning.

Thank you for the great reminder that this day is mine to do with what I choose. Today I will sit on the deck with my freshly roasted coffee and I'll add to my gratitude list. I'll focus on the sights and sounds and the gentle peace that is mine for the asking.

Cats
Old 05-28-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you Ann for the invite. I can only stay for one cup of coffee, gotta go to work.
I don't get up as early as you so I don't have a lot of time. Just long enough to enjoy the view and the wonderful friends.

What a peaceful way to start my day. Maybe we can do this again sometime.

Hugs.........Lo
Old 05-28-2008, 08:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Ann))

I'm a late riser today, (babies last night), but I do want to pop in for that coffee and a cool breeze across my face. Thank You.

B
Old 05-28-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
cmc

Thanks Ann, I'll take milk & sugar with my coffee please.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hope you saved me some coffee, I didn't get up until 7 a.m.......

What a wonderful view...and it smells so fresh...yum....

Oh look! A Canadian Goose.....!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ann,

Thank you.

What a beautiful way to start my day.
I have to go to work today, and I don't have any sick days left.....
will you call in dead for me. only kidding...

Colleen
Old 05-28-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ann, you have sunrises and I have sunsets. You also have a beautiful way with words

The lake is on my west side and if I'm home I'm watching it unless its bad weather. Friends ask me how I remain calm (even when serenity has escaped me) and I always tell them it's the influence of the lake.

You made me think of a friend of mine, a recovered coke addict, and he loves sunrises. He said every time he wakes and sees the sunrise, it's a promise of another day of life. I'm not exactly a morning person so seeing your picture is a gift, too. Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-29-2008, 02:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I just wanted to share this morning's serenity, the new babies on the lake.

Mama duck has been by with her babies, and the goose mamas parade by just long enough to share their babies too, then off to a quieter area where they rest and feed. My heart melts when I watch them, it's just such an indication that life goes on no matter what.

Please help yourself to the coffee and enjoy the babies with me.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

i will be right there. put on a fresh pot of coffee. no decaf please.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Any room left on that deck, Ann.
Be there in a jiffy. Can't wait to kick back, relax, drink some lemonade,
or iced tea, and watch the ducks and the world pass me by. lol
I'm so there!!!!!!!
Thanks for the invite. Sorry I'm late.
(((((Ann)))))