And away we go......

Old 05-26-2008, 04:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up And away we go......

Megan is here. She left the abf yesterday. He drove a little too fast and was pulled over by the city cops. When they found out he was driving with a suspended license (as the result of not paying a downstate ticket) they arrested him. He used the $400 rent money that he had just picked up from his boss to pay his bail and then walked back to the motel and started in on blaming Megan for his troubles. The police impounded his car and so he called his mother who came and picked him up and lent him her car. He was going to drive downstate with his last $80 in a beater car with no insurance to pick up some crack. That is when Megan said, enough is enough and called me. I think that she had her moment of clarity. Her dad and I drove the 35 miles to pick her up. She is calling rehabs today. I feel that this time really is different and she really does want to try. She has some methadone with her which does not make me too happy but she is trying to not get sick. I guess I have to give her big thumbs up for trying as she said this might look small to other people but this is really huge for her. Send your prayers this way that she ends up exactly where she needs to be. I am doing just fine except for a nasty cold. Just enjoying having her around. Hugs and Happy Memorial Day to all of you, Marle
Old 05-26-2008, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow!!!! I am so excited to read this, Marle! I am saying HUGE prayers right now for your family. What hopeful news. Enjoy your time with Megan, Marle. Again, what a blessing
Old 05-26-2008, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Marle)))..(((((((Megan))))). Sounds like she reached her bottom. Sending out big big prayers that she gets right in. I can't wipe the smile off my face right now. This is so huge!!
Old 05-26-2008, 04:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Marle))) and (((Megan)))

Sending turbo-charged hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-26-2008, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Marle

I checked in today with joy in my heart because I was privately celebrating a two year milestone
Two years ago (on Memorial Day) my son hit his bottom...the following day he entered his facility and has been living and recovering since...

with that celebration in my heart I read your post

I am sending prayers and blessings that Megan is ready to start her journey
"Please, let it begin..."
Old 05-26-2008, 05:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What great news to read first thing in the morning! Thank God for Megans safety & clarity. A true answer to so many prayers.
susan
Old 05-26-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Marle)) ((Megan))

Prayers.

B
Old 05-26-2008, 06:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

:praying

Great news.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

What wonderful news to read this morning!!! She's in my prayers...that the rehabs act quickly and have a place for her and that this is her time. It does sound like she is starting to stay in the zone that there really is something better than this for a bright and lovely young lady. Prayers for you, Mr Marle and Megan. I know how hard it has been to stand back until she makes that "enough" call, but your strength is just amazing, and the example you set by sharing your ESH is such a blessing to all of us. Hugs
Old 05-26-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

What great news Marle!!!
You and Megan continue to be in my prayers. I pray this is really her time.
Big Hugs!!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((marle))))

Good for her! Still keep the focus on yourself and be gentle with yourself no matter what.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((((Marle)))) (((Megan)))

This is huge. My best to both of you.

Lo
Old 05-26-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((((Marle)))))))))))) (((((((((Megan)))))))))))

I can't wipe the stupid grin off my face.
I'm so happy for her. For you all. I'm doin' so much praying for
her today. "You can do this, Megan."

Love ya, Marle.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Marle,

This doesn't sound small to me at all...it sounds huge. The light has been coming on in Megan's eyes now for awhile. She's seen it for sure from things that you have been recently writing. It just takes time and you have been a steady place in the storm. It sure shows in your recovery. You have really stepped back and lovingly allowed her to find her way but still were able to keep the lines of communication open so that she was able to reach out when she was ready. It's a long journey - this addiction stuff but she is definitely heading in the right direction. It's such a process. When you look at the stages of recovery that the addiction counselors talk about she's actually reaching the place where recovery can begin to occur. I've heard it can take years for them to admit that they even have a problem and that the drugs aren't working for them. I've seen that with RAH and it sounds like Megan is really reaching out and heading in that direction. My prayers are with all of you.

This is a memorable Memorial day! Take care of yourself and I hope that you are feeling better.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Headed to rehab tomorrow. Insurance will only cover 7 to 10 days, so something more will need to be figured out, but that is for another day Hugs, Marle
Old 05-26-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Talking

I agree, what a great post to read this morning. Good for you Marle and good for Megan. (((HUGS))) She is taking steps in the right direction, and learning more about what she wants in life.

Sending hugs and prayers!

Rica
Old 05-26-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

((((((((((((((((((((((((((Marle))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))

and

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Megan)))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))

I'm so proud of both of you. You, Marle, for having such courage and working such good recovery, just staying out of the way.

And for Megan, oh how I pray she has hit her bottom and hit it hard enough to let her bounce right back up......into a rehab facility.

Prayers for some more of this "good thinking" on her part!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 05-26-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Marle,
I am so happy for you and Megan. I'm glad Megan has it her bottom and is seeking the help. Praying that things work out for her to stay longer than just the 7-10 days. I know the rehab I go to, to speak to the family members work with the United Way. That is something to checkout.
Keeping all of you in my prayers. Enjoy this wonderful Memorial Day since it is something to remember.
Hugs to all of you
Old 05-26-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((Marle)))

I haven't stopped saying "thank you" prayers since I read your post this morning. I know she still has a road ahead for her, but this is a HUGE step she is taking and 7-10 days will get her past the worst of the physical withdrawal and I know that is something she's been really worried about.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-26-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The rehab has a suboxone program and a halfway house so her dad and I may be willing to help financially since we have not had to help with rehab in the past. But that will depend on what happens and I know there is always Salvation Army. Hugs, Marle