Notices

autism and jealousy

Old 05-25-2008, 12:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I choose to live

autism and jealousy

Hooray..I feel much better now..Every two weeks i get an injection haldol
against the little form of autism wich also creates a big feeling of jealousy..Believe it or not..But I feel relieved..

Are here more people with a form of autism
Old 05-25-2008, 12:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to our mental health forum. Glad you have found a med that helps you feel better.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, Aries!
Welcome to our corner of SR!
Hope to get to know you better.
Please tell us a bit about yourself, and about autism.

Shalom!
Old 05-25-2008, 05:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
Hi, Aries!
Welcome to our corner of SR!
Hope to get to know you better.
Please tell us a bit about yourself, and about autism.

Shalom!

I'm around this forum for four years now..I stayed away a lot of times..I have adrinking problem (and joints)..I have to admit that I'm a alcoholic..But one thing is sure it's only two times in the month I badly start to drink (just before my period and with full moon)the rest of the month i don't even like it or can even drink one or two glassess..if you see me I look like an normal girl but I have big social problems becos I can't read peoples bodylanguage the right way..Or I interpretate it my way..If something small changes i can really go very mad.. It's more a kind of panic attack..If I have a bf I start to read every womans momevement towards my friend like they want to seduce him..I give not only my pet names but almost everything (plants mobiles etc)
If my bf for example buys another packet (for himself)of another brand than usual i realy feel bad bout it but it can also be when a button of a blouse is missing (from myself)I really get upset..When I see a spot of dust on sombody's clothes I start to pull it of..Sometimes it's funny(my bf says)but the jealousy was really getting sickly..Now with the medication I feel much better and feel I can comunicate much better with my surounding..That's a bit what it's bout..GREETINGS FROM sTEFANIE :atv
Old 05-25-2008, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thanks, Stephanie,

So, it seems that you like to have things the same all the time? Is that fair to say?
I appreciate your candor. I think it's helpful for all of us when we share what it's like for us. Understanding of each others problems can help us understand each others posts better. Then, when we share our experience, strength and hope with each other, it will make more sense.

I've learned a bit tonight thanks to your post. I hope to learn more as we both grow in our recovery.

Shalom!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Queen of Leesburg

Asperger's Syndrome? That can be really tough.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Aries, I think out of all the people in SR I'm the one who has talked about autism the most. Hi, I'm Paul, a recovering alcoholic, aged 22 and high functioning autistic who is always at himself with OCD/worrying about life and has very bad social anxiety including panic disorder. Welcome to SR.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Cool

Originally Posted by Paulos View Post
Aries, I think out of all the people in SR I'm the one who has talked about autism the most. Hi, I'm Paul, a recovering alcoholic, aged 22 and high functioning autistic who is always at himself with OCD/worrying about life and has very bad social anxiety including panic disorder. Welcome to SR.
I'm wondering paulos if you are introvert type or extravert type..I'm more the extravert type that's why at first they don't interpretated it at first as an autism disorder..But I also have a kind of gilles the la tourette..It means that everything I think I talk out loud also when I'm alone..Some people think it's funny but I think it's anoying.now with the meds I feel much bettter
Old 06-04-2008, 10:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I don't really take meds anymore, they just messed me up. I'd have to say I'm both combined, I'm shy/worried about life things all the time.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Cool

I stopped the meds too..Becos I think that is why I sleep all day...Talking with my bf and know he understands helps me a lot too...
Old 06-08-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

My nephew is high functioning autistic. I see that he has social difficulty. He was on seraquile for a few days once and he attached a woman who was just walking down the street while on that med. My mom took him off of it imeadatly. They are lucky that the woman was not seriously hurt and that she was understanding of the situation.

As far as your jealousy goes I think it is important that you think before you speak or act upon these feelings.

I know some people do act flirtatious even when they are with their s/o and they think it is harmless. If your boyfriend doing this and it causes you pain you might want to question why you are with that person. On the other hand if you are simply jumping to conclusions because someone looks in his direction or even straight at him and they aren't rubbing all over him or nothing like that you might want to give the benefit of the doubt.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Thanks Splendra..
It is indeed my problem not my bf who is flirty against women or so...He really loves me a lot..I just have that problem..But it's getting better now becos we talk bout it a lot...Thanks for your post!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Cool

Yeah as far if it belongs to my world it's ok..But when a person enters that world I got a kind of panick reaction (I had it too when I was alone)
Old 06-09-2008, 04:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Cool

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
Thanks, Stephanie,

So, it seems that you like to have things the same all the time? Is that fair to say?

Shalom!
It can be messy to at my place but when that bear or that doll normaly is standing there it has to stay there..I'm rather upset to that the gasstationgroup which called: DE SMET & VAN DIEST changed it name to: TOTAL...I still go there but... it is now for weeks and it's still bussy in my mind
Just a namechange some people would say but I realy don't like it