Proud of SR!

Old 05-23-2008, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Proud of SR!

I posted this in Newcomers Forum but just wanted to post it here as well! (Sorry for the double post but I know a lot of you do not go to the other forum and wanted to make sure everyone saw this)

I guess that I’m having an emotional week here-This morning as my A brother called me at 5 am-drunk-(I did not answer) it has made me more emotional which I will move beyond- He is 51 and I cannot even begin to tell you his story other than he was found almost dead 4 times!

Among a lot of other heart wrenching things that he has done- As my brother has relapsed again last night-it gives me even more compassion to all those who struggle with this horrendous disease!

I just want to say how very honored that I feel that I have learned so much from those here at SR who are struggling with this disease on so many different levels. As A’s, Addicts, and just plain family & friends coping with loved one’s with addiction.

Addiction is so complex and the ESH shared in these forums has astounded me to become a more compassionate individual. I do not walk in an addicts shoes however I walk in my own which have been filled with pain and grief all the way back to childhood. We have all suffered and it is not who has suffered worse it is about recovery on all levels!

Anyway….I just felt the need to let you all know that I’m so proud of each and everyone of you/us for the work you are all doing in the ways that you choose to walk your journey of recovery. As we go through our trials and tribulations to reach our goal of living life with peace and serenity!

Please keep up the great work as you are all special not only to us here at SR but to your family/friends.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah...I use to drink and dial too

I dunno what is was that made me pick up the phone and start yacking to my friends at all hours of the day and night. Guess it was my way of hanging out at a bar and NOT worrying how I was gonna get my car home. My own home bar. I actually called people I knew FROM a bar. I use to sit there and borrow the bar phone and call people. Sometimes I'd crank call people....but mostly just called my friends. PUT THEM THROUGH HELL. Yeah...heh-heh...ah-hem...I called my dad the night I tried to drink myself to death...took allot of pillz and wanted to call it quits. My dad was mad. Here I was in Georgia and he was in New Jersey...calling the cops and hospital because of me. Oh...it was a mess. I didn't want to die really. Just drunk and feeling sorry for myself. Stooopid. But in the end...I got and stayed SOBER. Switched to pills. Easier to hide a prescription addiction....could blame the doctor...but got clean from that gig too.
Yeah. We are a pain in the neck when we are active drunks. Sorry about that. It is a family disease and it effects everybody around us....even if we are too drunk to see it. There IS hope. ALWAYS.
Love ya!
The Bitz