My months of peace are over ....

Old 05-22-2008, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My months of peace are over ....

ugh my months of peace are over
Old 05-22-2008, 09:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Uh oh. Whats going on with you ? Your serenity is yours. No one can take it from you, you know... perhaps you can get to some face to face meetings? Step up your recovery reading? Call a recovery friend?

Hugs
Cats
Old 05-22-2008, 09:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I just typed everything out and somehow I ended up at some registering page !!

Oh well here I go again . My months of peace are over cause my niece and nephew are back to stay with me for a couple weeks .

Both of them are in trouble this time , my niece is facing min. two years jail , her trial starts in july , she relapsed after four months of being clean from crack , the binge only lasted two days and in that time she managed to get pregnant !! She is here for an appt. for an abortion which at this time is about the best choice she could make . One of the postive things is that she started an outpatient program yesterday and is getting into a long term place in three weeks .

My nephew broke up with his girlfriend of three years , he was clean for a year while he was in jail and when he came out it was a really quick downward spiral for him , his girlfriend has been using just about everything she could get , mostly oxy's . My nephew was on his way to rehab on monday and met up with her and this so-called friend of his to say goodbye , well long story short , the two of them beat my nephew up soo bad , we got a call from the hospital . He has a hairline fracture on his skull , over 40 stitches all over his face , his one eye is really bad where the guy tried to gouge his eye out !! I could go on all night , I'm tired and stressed now . My months of peace are over , what bothers me the most is seeing my mom stressed out over it all . Although she would never dream of turning either of them away .
What I am thankful for is that , this time both of them WANT to get clean and stay clean . My nephew has had a few good cries and truly believes this is his rock bottom and he said he now has the scars to forever remind him of what drugs have done to him .

Thanks for listening , I'm thinking I may be here a little more often now . It sure does help to just sit and type or just read . Thanks for being here SR !!
Old 05-22-2008, 09:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wish I had time to do a naranon meeting . I work midnights and barely have time to myself . Coming here helps me lots for now
Old 05-22-2008, 09:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, poor kid. What kind of monsters do that to a person?
Old 05-22-2008, 09:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The sad this is ZombieWife , neither my niece or nephew are kids ! they are 28 and 30 !! he has been using mostly crack since he was 17 and my niece since she was 22 .

The two of them are living proof of why you get out of a bad marriage . I wish my sister got out before her jerk of a husband damaged everyone so badly .
Old 05-22-2008, 09:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh I forgot to add that they beat him up over a few hundred dollars . He broke up with her about six weeks prior after she tried to stab him while she was in some rage. He was helping out a family friend with some odd jobs so he had a couple bucks on him that he was going to give me to hold onto until he was done his six week program . He was feeling positive about going into rehab this time . He called this morning to tell them why he never showed up and he was told to heal up and re-apply to get in again . So that is his plan for now , he is thinking of tryin for a six month program .
Old 05-22-2008, 09:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow!

that's a lot, and it all sounds cruel, sad, and messy!

I'm glad they both seem to really be at their rock-bottoms! Hope so for their sake, (your Mom's and you too)

Take care of you in the meantime!

Hugs and prayers that everything works out!
Old 05-22-2008, 11:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Did the people that beat up your nephew get arrested? Any charges filed?

Not because this will help your nephew stay sober, but because I believe evil should be held accountable.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i am sorry about your nephew but sometimes it takes something like this for an addict to get clean. i hope this is both your niece & nephews time. miracles happen. prayers for you & them both.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can only hope this is the end