Notices

Today

Old 05-22-2008, 04:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today

I just got home from work. Came straight in, turned on the puter and logged into SR. I had an amazing day. This is the first time in months that I have had energy and was focused. All I kept thinking was how strange it was to be able to think with a clear head, for a change. I didn't feel panicky at all. I haven't had a drink. I don't WANT a drink. I actually had times today, where I wasn't thinking that I only have x number of hours to go, then I can have a glass of wine! Can't tell you when the last time I'd had a day like that. I'd forgotten how good it feels to feel good (if that doesn't sound too odd to you). I figure that just for tonight, I'll hang out and read the threads. Just for tonight, I'll find other things to keep me occupied, like finding an AA meeting for tomorrow. I actually got some sleep last night :bounce I know I'm bouncing all over the map right now, or at least that's how it feels, but at least I am not drunk and numb. It's done me a world of good to see that I am not the only newcomer here. And that I am not the only person in the world to have tried to stop, and was unable to.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow! Great post flgirl and great work!! You are doing amazing. You've got a plan and you're sticking to it. Proud of you. You go girl!!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I can now understand how you are feeling. It really feels good to feel good. It's great to wake up without a headache and feeling like death warmed over. I had to relapse too many times to get to this point. I don't want to go back there.

Way to go!:ghug3
Old 05-22-2008, 04:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Certified Scrabble Cheat!

I bet your boss is wondering what the h--- is up with this chick!!!! You keep that focus going and I would summize that you have nothing but clean air ahead of you.. Congrats!!
Old 05-22-2008, 04:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Horselover. I've just figured out that I have to keep myself busy til 11 PM. After that, the grocery closes, and I'll be able to make it to morning without having a drink. I feel good enough right now that I don't want a drink, but I also know how that can change in an instant for me. So if I stay here and read and keep reading and writing, I will be too busy to take that trip to the store. I've made it 45 minutes, thus far. It's still definitely minute to minute for me right now. It does feel pretty good that I didn't come home, and immediately pour a glass of wine.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great stuff girl. Im feelin what yer feelin right now. Havent felt it in months either. My thing used to be "the offlicence is gonna shut in a couple of hours and its gonna be a battle to refrain til then". I usually lose that fight and sometimes manage it but today i didnt even think about it. Anxiety was barely there at all. Makes ya wonder why you could possibly want to dip back to the blurry mist once again. Well done
Old 05-22-2008, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh, the other thing is that I've actually been eating. Usually I eat lunch at work, and that's it. I've been taking my vitamins and drinking TONS of water. I'm gonna float away soon!
Old 05-22-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

what part of FL are you in? I know a few good meetings on the panhandle.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi dgillz,

I'm in southwest fl. I've found the AA website and have actually located the meeting schedules and locations. I've made it for an hour and a half and still do not want to drink. Told you that I was gonna keep myself busy...LOL That is because all of you have been so kind and supportive!
Old 05-22-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Great job Flgirl!! I'm proud of you!
Old 05-22-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks mle-sober. I've made it a whole two hours and still no real desire to have that glass of wine. Well, maybe a little, but nothing earth-shattering. I like this feeling a whole lot better. I've been reading a bunch of the posts to keep busy and have my favorite movie on. I am wide awake and pretty wired. I figure if I can't sleep, I'll just clean the house from top to bottom...LOL
Old 05-22-2008, 06:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I'm proud of you!!!

Honu
Old 05-22-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks Honu,

I've made it so far and have been reading, reading, reading. Eyes are tired, but the rest of me is wired.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

WTG flgirl. Your posts are making me smile. Keep moving foward, you're doing great!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Katecan I'm actually just reading and organizing my desk right now. You guys have been wonderfully supportive, and I know for certain that there is no way I could be doing this without all of your help! Everytime I'd go a day or two without drinking, I'd start feeling good and think "Well, I just can have one" which of course meant many more than one. My plan for the morning is to go get my mani and pedi, get my hair done and go to a meeting, not necessarily in that order.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My tip for relaxing....
A bubble bath..scented candle..soothing music
then climb into a freshly made bed.

I like to end my day with a Thank Yoou prayer.

Congratulations on your progress
Old 05-22-2008, 07:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol,

I'm actually starting to wind down. It feels pretty good to just be getting sleepy and not drunk.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:21 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You'll feel good in the morning too! Take it from me. A great night's sleep is priceless!!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Horselover,

Maybe that's why I had such a good day today...LOL..I'm stuck like glue to the forums right now....it's working pretty well:bounce
Old 05-22-2008, 07:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I was and sometimes still am stuck like glue to this forum. Its wonderful and has gotten me through some rocky moments. I'm just happy your here. I'm headed for bed to watch some taped episodes of The Alaskan Experiment. I live vicariously through this show. Actually, I like the beauty of Alaska, but not the cold. Brrr!!!

Sleep tight and don't let the bed . . . I won't finish that because I never liked that saying as a child. LOL!