Question...

Old 05-22-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Let me grow up.

Question...

Hi forum family! I wanted to let you all know that things are still going good for me. I'm still single although I talk to my ex from time to time. She's apparently still clean and staying out of trouble. I hope you all are doing well as well.

A situation came up yesterday though I'd like to ask your opinion about. My mother informed me the other day that she noticed a few pieces of her jewelry missing (two gold necklaces and two gold rings). She has no doubt who took them and I feel I should replace them because it's my fault my drug using ex was ever introduced to my family.

But the question is, should I confront my ex and see if she admits to stealing the jewelry or should I let it go. I know it was a time when she was sick and perhaps could not help herself. Now she's in a better place.

If I do ask and I feel she's lying to me about it, I'm gonna be pissed but if I let it go, it'll still plague me. I don't want to believe that if I confront her, she'd lie to me. That'd be f*&%$# up! We're supposedly friends.

What should I do? This is really bothering me. Should I forgive and forget?
Old 05-22-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I do not think you are responsible for the missing jewelry. You didn't steal them you don't have to replace them. I know it must hurt that someone could steal from your mother. I do think you should do your best to forgive and forget if it won't kill you to do so. However I know it is so easier said than done!