Update

Old 05-22-2008, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

I just got a call from my SO's brother. I was right --- he went over the edge. He had a seizure last night brought on by drinking and is currently in a medically induced coma. I feel guilty because I refused to let him come back into my house and this is the result. HOWEVER, I also know that I did not force him to resort to drinking again and I was right to stay strong and take that stand. I knew this would happen again. Once again he made the choice.

Doreen
Old 05-22-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

This is the result of his drinking, not your refusal to let him back in your house. You have nothing to feel guilty about. His choices; his consequences.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know it was his choice and his consequences but thank you for confirming that once again. He had been in outpatient therapy for 2 months....and he was recently promoted for the 2nd time because of his good work. Well, I guess those experienced counselors were WRONG and if he could go back out there so easily, then he fooled us all! And isn't that what an alcoholic does? I'm certainly learning the hard way.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He would have started drinking sooner or later it sounds like. Certainly he hadn't embraced sobriety.

As FD said, His choices; his consequences.

You had nothing to do with it.