Ya'll Remember My Warning?? OT

Old 05-21-2008, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Angry Ya'll Remember My Warning?? OT

About Redline????? Sold in health food stores, gnc, rite aid, 7-11, etc, marketed to teens, etc....

And I said people were dying from it?
And how bad It made me?
This is what this girl was drinking...
I'm only posting this to continue to get the word out about this drink........
It freaking pisses me off that it is still out there, and going strong.....
How many have to die before it gets taken off the market...
I hear ads for this almost daily now..

Sorry I'm furious....
Such an unnecessary thing.....
~~~~~~~~~~~

A 16-year-old Wellington student died over the weekend after attending a party where alcohol was consumed, Palm Beach County sheriff's investigators said.

Paramedics who tried to resuscitate Ashley Ramnauth on Sunday found alcohol in her system, sheriff's spokeswoman Teri Barbera said.

Ramnauth was a Lake Worth High School honor roll student and the daughter of Hollywood Police Officer Hansman Ramnauth.

She "apparently made a bad decision to consume an energy drinks and alcohol in combination," according to a statement from her family released Tuesday through the Palm Beach County School District. She "did not have a lot of experience with alcohol and did not have a known problem with alcohol," the family added.

Sheriff's investigators are awaiting the results of a toxicology report that will determine if there were drugs or alcohol in the 10th-grader's system at the time of her death.

Investigators suspect Ramnauth or her friends were drinking alcohol at the party but declined to say if energy drinks were consumed there as well, sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Pete Palenzuela said.

Ramnauth wanted to be a lawyer and was in the school's Criminal Justice Academy, which is designed to prepare students for careers in criminal justice and related fields, her friends said.

"She was a straight-A student and very determined," said Jesse Dallsingh, 16, of Lake Worth, who knew Ramnauth for more than a year. "She wasn't the kind to drink."

Increasingly popular, the drink combination of depressant and stimulant affects heart rate and function, which can lead to cardiac arrest, experts said. Energy drinks allow people to drink more without realizing the effect of the alcohol.

In March, paramedics took four Weston schoolboys to a hospital after they became ill from drinking an "energy-boosting" liquid not meant for children, authorities said. The boys were sweating and suffering from increased heart rates and lightheadedness. They drank Redline, a combination fat-burning and energy enhancement drink marketed as a "freaky scientific" breakthrough on the Web site of the company that makes it.

On Saturday, Ramnauth went on a school outing to Islands of Adventure in Orlando with her academy peers as part of an end-of-the-year trip, Lake Worth High School Principal Ian Saltzman said.

After the students returned to the school at 9 p.m., Ramnauth and three other students told their parents they were going to friends' homes, Barbera said. Instead, they attended a party in the 2300 block of Club House Drive west of West Palm Beach, she said.

Sometime Sunday morning, Ramnauth and a friend were dropped off at the friend's home in the Biltmore Terrace neighborhood in the 4800 block of Dolphin Drive west of Lake Worth, Barbera said.

After Ramnauth and her friend talked in her room, her friend went to the bathroom and returned to find Ramnauth passed out, she said. The friend and her parents performed CPR and called 911.

Paramedics rushed Ramnauth to J** Medical Center in Atlantis, where she was pronounced dead at 12:37 p.m. Detectives were called to the home at around 11:50 a.m.

A man who answered the door Tuesday at the home on Dolphin Drive said, "We're all devastated." He declined to give his name or comment further.

Saltzman said grief counselors were called in to help students deal with Ramnauth's death.

"She was a fine student and this is very tragic," he said. "My condolences go out to the family during this difficult time."

Ramnauth's family asked in their statement that their daughter be remembered for her "numerous accomplishments and not by the mistake she made in consuming high energy drinks and alcohol in combination."
Old 05-21-2008, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Yes I do..
Oh Done, that is so sad and so senseless, Oh my goodness...
Old 05-21-2008, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I just feel so bad for the girls parents....... omg, I had tears when I read that.....

Kids are going to drink, I know that, and the energy drinks, they are going to do that too.

But they could not possibly have any idea of what Redline and alcohol could do to you.
omg, that thought....

It's as good as playing Russian Roulette and they have no idea......
Old 05-21-2008, 04:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

It's so hard not to hate people sometimes... It's all about money.....for far to many people.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I with you on this (((((DWI)))) there is a lot of bad stuff in those drinks. Keep raising awareness maybe they will take it off the market!! or at least maybe people will stop buying it.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by splendra View Post
I with you on this (((((DWI)))) there is a lot of bad stuff in those drinks. Keep raising awareness maybe they will take it off the market!! or at least maybe people will stop buying it.
I'm not really against all the energy drinks, even though they aren't the greatest for your healthy, I admit I do drink The Orange Rumba, and
a few others.

It's just the ingredients in Redline is from some plant that literally is killing
people.

Even when I would accidentally take too much meth, I never felt like I
did when I drank Redline, I felt like I was having a heart attack and dying
when I drank that stuff.
But it is all over the net, and has been on the news about how it is killing people.

ARghh, it is beyond my comprehension how it is still legal....
Old 05-21-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What does it freakin' take to get this c--p off of the market.
This kind of thing just makes me so angry. What a senseless death of a young girl.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
What does it freakin' take to get this c--p off of the market.
This kind of thing just makes me so angry. What a senseless death of a young girl.

Thanks I feel like I'm crazy for being so angry..... lol
Old 05-21-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

You aren't crazy Done...It is horrible and so senseless and unnecessary. You're right..it IS all about the #@%$$ money. No one needs the junk they make...ahhhhh Don't get me going. Prayers for her poor family
Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

That is in my home town.
I have never heard of redline I dont think.
I have heard lately that there are talks on making a legal age limit for purchasing energy drinks because of alot of occurances like this.
I tried that 5 hour energy stuff last week and I was fine until 3 hours later and I felt really sick and shaking. I felt like I was going to pass out at work. And I am 32 and a big girl.
I cant imagine what those drinks do to kids.
That is so sad.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

I'm not a saint. I have done many bad things to my body. I still smoke cigs and occasionally have a beer but those energy drinks scare me. It's speed in a can. When I see kids/teenagers drink them I think, "Gee..do you really need those drinks? I remember having loads of energy at that age." But then again...if I was a teenager now, with all of those choices of drinks out there I would probably drink them too instead trying to get caffiene out of drinking soda like I used to when I was younger.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

My 34yr old son is a teamster and sometimes works very strange hours like going in at 5am coming home at 10am only to go back at 2pm and work til 10pm, anyway, he knew it was gonna be a long night one time so he drank a "few" redbulls to stay awake, he said he felt like he was over dosing on heroin or something (he's not my addict) he called the ER and told the nurse over the phone that he drank so many redbulls and his heart is pounding, and proceeded to ask what should he do. She answered stop drinking redbull.
Not the best answer as far as I'm concerned and nothing happened to him thank
God but I can just imagine what a not so caring teenager could do while drinking a "few" energy drinks. they should have to be 18 to buy them just like cigarettes. Not that it would do a whole lot of good but at least it would be a start. And isn't there at least a warning label on these suckers?
Old 05-22-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sounds like the same effect of doing heroin and coke, "8 ball", I think it's called. These drinks are legal though!
:wtf2
Old 05-22-2008, 10:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

There are alot of kids that buy energy drinks at my job. Like at leat 2 everyday. Kids as young as 8 or 9 on up. I cant believe some parents would allow their kids to drink them at that age. Like they arent bouncing off the walls already. I remember when I was a kid I was regualted to how much soda I could have. Alot of this falls on the parents as well IMHO.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Energy Drinks are one thing, but I'm not talking about energy drinks....

I'm only talking about REDLINE....

The ingredients in this one particular one are not even listed on the bottle (the amount) because the amount is different each time.

Redline can and does kill people. Not just kids......

Even at GNC they call it CRACK IN A BOTTLE...
Old 05-23-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Another stupid drink...

Wow! I read about this for the first time this morning.

Controversial powder sold with coke paraphernalia could be headed for our market

By BROOKES MERRITT, SUN MEDIA

A controversial U.S. drink mix marketed to resemble cocaine could soon make its way north of the border, to the chagrin of anti-drug crusaders.

Blow is a vial of fine white berry-tasting powder pumped full of caffeine and marketed on the iloveblow.com website.

Its creator, libertarian entrepreneur Logan Gola of California, has little time for those who say he's marketing the product irresponsibly.

"Consumers should have the freedom to choose. It's a parent's responsibility to teach their kids about the dangers of drugs. It's ridiculous that anyone would suggest this is a gateway to drug use. There's not a single study to prove that allegation," he said.

Gola says his product is marketed to adults and contains about 240 milligrams of caffeine - about the same as three Red Bulls or three coffees.

The website iloveblow.com is a spoof on 1980s cocaine culture, Gola said. In addition to vials of powder (about $3 each), it sells with fake credit cards and mirrors.

In January the site caught the attention of the U.S Food and Drug Administration, which issued Gola a warning, claiming Blow is an unapproved drug.

Gola's lawyers tell him the FDA's case isn't very strong, especially considering hyper-caffeinated drinks are already prolific in the U.S. market.

"Its ingredients, packaging and marketing are all perfectly legal. If anything legal should be happening, it's a law preventing minors from purchasing highly caffeinated drinks," Gola said.

A recovering Edmonton cocaine addict echoed statements by several Blow critics on the U.S. media circuit, including a former U.S. district attorney.

Danielle Boudreau called Blow "really, really stupid. The whole marketing approach is to make this stuff seem like cocaine. It opens the gateway for people to want to try (coke).

"Kids are going to use it and then say, why don't we just try the real thing? Would I want to see it sold here in Canada? Absolutely not."

Gola said Boudreau - who has been clean for 16 months - is like most of his critics, and not among Blow's target demographic.

"The people who make these allegations are the same ones who never took responsibility for their own actions in the first place and got mixed up in drugs. They are recovering addicts themselves and they are a minority. Forget them."

Health Canada spokesman Paul Duchesne said marketing proposals for energy drinks are reviewed for efficacy, safety and quality of the product.

"We also take into consideration the format and name of the product," he said.

Golan said he's applied to Health Canada for sales permission and that the government requested Blow's ingredients be slightly reconfigured.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

OMG! I don't even know what to say.......
Old 05-23-2008, 08:33 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

I do...he's a collosal idiot.
What is his target demographic then?
According to him, it's not addicts and it's not kids. People who don't do drugs won't even entertain his product...so who exactly.
Fact is...he is targeting addicts and kids...kids mostly. He is nothing but a disgusting drug dealer in disguise. Beware of wolves in sheeps clothing.
Like I said....COLLOSAL IDIOT!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I said....COLLOSAL IDIOT!
Cupi, you are very polite. I'm afraid I can't type the words to describe how I feel about this moron,
Old 05-23-2008, 08:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I have had an energy drink before. It was one of the ones considered to be less strong. It made me feel terrrible. Course my heart was damaged by using meth but I know I should not drink them also it seems that several of them also contain artificial sweeteners which also make me feel really bad. I think anyone who has ever been strung out on meth or coke ought never use energy drinks or artificial sweeteners because of risk involving the heart.