Lies and more Lies

Old 05-21-2008, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lies and more Lies

Finally got a restraning order for my business and home to keep 21 year old AS away. He is devestated he has been calling crying. We had a graduation BBQ on Monday for my daughter and did not invite him this was a first. I am fianlly getting it but it sure doesnt make this any easier I feel horrible. I realize he will rob from me at any cost even after being charged. I can not believe what this crack does to people. I never thought it would come to this. Im trying to be strong but inside my heart is torn I just see no other way with him. He needs to get to the bottom.
The lies, the thieving, the manipulation, the rehab centres I have had enough he has been taking me down the hole with him. My family has been torn apart with this addiction. All so sad, I pray that one day he will return to who he was but I believe he will travel a long hard path before and if he ever gets there.
He knows its over no more money. Anything that I feel he can do for himself we will not help with. I wont see him right now because his crying is tearing me aprt. His last call I said " I love you son, but until you are in recovery I can not allow you to come around anymore" " Please stop calling me or I will put you on call block" he slammed the phone down ( that's okay). I hope this gets easier. I despise addiction and what it does to them and there loved ones. SR has been my lifeline through all of this I just wanted to say thankyou.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((katie)))))

Gosh sweetie I know it hurts. I think you are absolutly doing the right thing. I think it will help him too. He is young and has a better chance if you don't allow his addiction to take you down to it is not your son you are turning against it is his addiction.

I think you are very brave and I am praying your son finds his way very soon. I have a whole family of crack addicts and I know exactly how bad it can get. Stay strong and take good care of yourself and be gentle with yourself.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Katie)))

Although I think any drug that someone is addicted to can be awful, I can personally attest that crack is a vicious demon. I never thought anything could make me be the person I was, when I was on crack.

I know you're hurting, but you're doing what you need to. I wish I could make it easier on you.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-21-2008, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have done the same things, and it doesn't get much better. Recovery helps, but your heart still aches. Be glad you still know he is alive and he is calling. You never know when the seeds you plant will start to bloom!

prayers for you,
susan

Last edited by caileesnana; 05-21-2008 at 09:49 AM. Reason: addition
Old 05-21-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by katie44 View Post
We had a graduation BBQ on Monday for my daughter and did not invite him this was a first.
Though your family was spared the usual discomfort, it still had to be uncomfortable and filled with some ambivalence.

Many congrats to your daughter!

You're in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sending you hugs.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thankyou for your replies. We did have a nice BBQ however couldnt' get him off my mind all day. He was such a great kid I know its the drug. We are all here for the same reason, still shocks me at times. Wish it was all a bad nightmare.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hugs, Katie. I know it's a terrible place to be. I'm glad you took that step for you and your family, and your son.