That's Life!

Old 05-19-2008, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Lightbulb That's Life!

That's Life!
Frank Sinatra's song say's it all, doesn't it?
Yup, it has its ups and downs all right.
And that's what these past two days, and tomorrow, are like for me.
But, I'm doing pretty good holding an even keel.

My nephew had his graduation from college yesterday. My sister came up from FL and threw him a big party. It was really wonderful. And it was great seeing my sister too. She wanted me to call in sick today, to spend time with her, but, it's the end of the year, and I've got things to wrap up with the kiddies, so, I really couldn't, as much as I wanted too!

A friend of mine gave me a 10 lb stripped bass. It was all gutted and ready to cook. I made a beautiful garden/bread stuffing, and omg, it was delicious! My sister put out beautiful appitizers, and made shish ka bobs. Then, just cuz my nephew loves them, I made a nice bouquet of chocolate covered strawberrys.
I should have pics today of it, but, I guess my brother is "under the weather" I know he was taking the day off too!
As soon as I get it, I'll post it.
So, that's the good news....

Today, on the other hand, is the 6 year anniversary of my dad's death. It's hard to believe that it's been so long. I miss him, still, so much. I have to call mom tonight; see how she's doing.

And tomorrow, Trevor gets out of jail again. *sigh* I'm not taking a front row seat to the drama again. He's not staying here. And his g/f has moved on. So, she's not an option anymore. His dad just had another heart attack, and would have to be nuts to take it on now, but, that's out of my hands...
It's all in G*D's hands.
I'm too tired for it anymore.
And I want to focus on my own life now. It's time for that, I think.

I still haven't gotten the mess he left behind cleaned up from the last time he was here. I just closed the bedroom door. And, I'm tired of that. Every time he's come, I end up cleaning up a mess, physical mess in the house, my own emotional mess and often a drug related one to boot. My plates were on the car he got picked up in. I haven't gotten them back yet. Somehow, I've got to track them down. I'm tired of it. He was jsut supposed to bring the car home. He was picked up in the town where his crack dealer is; no where near where he was supposed to be...I guess I'm just doing a bit better on the emotionall stuff.

He's 28. It's time for him to grow up. Apron strings are officially cut, cuz they are squeezing me to death.

So, life. It has its ups and it has its downs. I've had some really fine ups lately! I'm in a good school with supportive people and decent kiddies, doing some really cool things. My nephew graduated and I got to see my sister, whom I haven't seen for years. Not too shabby, huh?

I suppose that can hold me through the difficult times.
Until the better times come back to bouy me up again, that is!

Thanks for listening, my friends...

Shalom!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

sounds like you have some really great things happening in your life! Sometimes I have to sit back and look around to see them but they are there. Glad you can see them in your life too!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Love, love, love the positive outlook !!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

You have it all together. I wish you a very peaceful summer (I'm guessing you have the summer off) filled with whatever you want. It is nice to see family after so long. I don't have a very big family, in fact you could hold my family reunion in the ladies room at mcdonalds.lol but when I do see them it is always a pleasure.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((((((Historyteach)))))))))))

I'm wishing you a great summer, too.
It's nice that you have all that support and love
at work. What grade do you teach?
I'm so glad you got to see your sister. My sister lives
about 5 miles down the road and I never see her half
as much as I'd like. It's great you had a good time.
Congratulations on the nephew graduating, too.
My nephew is graduating this year, as well.
At the end of the month. Can't wait for the BIG cookout
party.
As far as Trevor goes, sweetie...
Whatcha gonna do? Detach, detach, detach.
Mine will be 27 in November. I, in the last few months, have
gone and burned that d*mned apron. lol
Stay strong and know I care.
Love ya,
Old 05-19-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Teach,
It seems you are looking at the glass half full. That is a good way to look at things.
It sure does have it ups and downs. I guess all we can do is hang on for the ride.

School is out soon and its time for Teach to kick back and do someting nice for you.

Hugs...............Lo
Old 05-19-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

sounds like you are doing ok to me. seeing your sister was wonderful i know. i don't see mine like i would love to,she lives to far away. life is life, i wish we could take what we wanted of it & leave the rest but that just isn't how it works. take care teach.prayers for you & trvor.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That all sounded great except for the bass!

Fish are evil!

Ok, ok, I jest. (kind of. Fish are still gross)

Definitely sending you some good light and love. Goodbye apron strings!

snip snip

Only, in the picture, should be the mom carrying the son!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like you had a beautiful day yesterday. I feel life is full of those times, and I am so thankful that now I can appreciate them. (((teach)))
Old 05-20-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
To Life!

So, Trevor got out of jail today.
And he showed up at school.
He asked to "borrow" $25 for court tomorrow. Without it, he said he'd go back to jail. Mind you, he has no job; his stimulus check somehow hasn't come in yet, and has n prospect of a job cuz he blew his schooling.

I told him no.
He argued, pleaded, whinned, argued more.
I said no. Again and again.
And he got out of the car, PO'd and swearing, walking backwards, pointing at me.
He almost got hit by a car.
After he took $2 for the bus to go to his old g/f's house.

I won't hear from him till the next time he wants something.

BTW, I told him he could *earn* the $25. But, he had to work for it first.
He said he would work tomorrow, if I would give it to him today!
I guess jail wasn't that bad after all?

Yesterday, a student of mine came to class after a long absence. She was my student in middle school too, so, I was upset that I hadn't seen her in so long. She gave me a note from her mom, with a phone number and a request to excuse the absence. She told me her dad had hung himself; she had found the body....

We went into the hallway to talk quietly and in private, away from the class. She cried, and allowed me to hug her and talk to her. She promised me that she would take care of herself. And she would talk to someone if she began to feel suicidal. And much, much more. And, my heart is still bleeding for this young woman who is about to graduate in just two weeks... She should be filled with hope and joy!
And she's filled with dispair...

Trevor is making choices.
This young woman didn't.
My sympathies lie with her and her family.

Please say a prayer for Kayla and her family as they deal with this tragic period in their lives. :praying

Shalom!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Teach)))
Big huge hugs to you, sweetie.
You sound kind of sad, and I sure can sympathize with you, the situation is sad, and sometimes, to me, maddening.

But like you, I've come to acceptance, and faith that my son is right where he's suppose to be.

I'm happy you were able to enjoy your nephews graduation.

I'm also glad to walk this journey along side you, Teach. It's a long road sometimes, with alot of rocks on our path, but together, we're doing okay.

Hugs, and hugs,
Old 05-21-2008, 04:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
To Life!

Yea, Moose,
You are one person I'm so glad to have met on this road of recovery.

I'm ok. I'm sad for my student.
I found out today that she did go to the prom. That was good. My other student told me. He said, (and I had him in middle school too), that she tried to have a good time.
That's good that she tried. It's a step in the right direction for her.
She will go through what she has to go through right now.

You know, this is the second student I've had whose father has commited suicide...
What a selfish act to do! I'm pissed!!!
But, it's not about me, now, is it...

Trevor will do what he will do. I know that. I've been through it enough times.
I just know that I don't want a front row seat to his destruction.
There's too much of it.
My friend's son died recently of an overdose. I went to his wake last week.
I don't have it in my to watch my own son go down that road right now.
He's going to do it on his own, if he's going to do it.
And, at 28, it's time he do it on his own, whatever he does.

But, I'm still going on and doing what I have to do.
All is what it's supposed to be for now.
And, I suppose I'll hear if he went to jail or not. In fact, since I've not heard, I'm assuming not... cuz, I'm sure I *would* have heard!

Shalom!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Teach

It seems to me that every few years since we both joined here, we've been waiting for our "kids" to either go to or come back from jail/prison.

I cannot believe that my son has been gone for 3 plus years now. It seems like yesterday all this happened, and here it is just a few more months and he'll be back.

I, like you, have spent my life cleaning up after his messes! He has lost everything, except what Mr. Dev & I have saved, so many times I've lost count.

This time I don't know what he's going to do. Each time it gets a little harder to get started again, and this time is not going to be any exception. He cannot stay with us that's for certain. He hasn't any money, or job, so what does a person do? The only money he will have is what money they release him with maybe $200.

I guess he can camp at the state park and have dinner here. I don't know, sure hope he has a plan.

Good luck to both of us huh?

Hugs, Devastated
Old 05-21-2008, 04:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Dev))))

Good to see you, my friend!!!

Yes, another old friend whom I'm so glad to have walked this path with!
Oh, and aren't you right! Coming and going! You, me, Moose and Ann along with a few others have some stories to tell, now, don't we! :rof

I don't know what Trevor's going to do either, but, I do know that he, and every other addict's, got tons of resources that we can only imagine! And I don't have anymore time for his explainations and stories. I'm too tired. And, my sympathies are lying with people who are suffering for reasons that are not of their own making.
Like Kayla.

Good to see you, Dev...

Shalom, my friend!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

hugs and smiles to you, Teach!
Old 05-21-2008, 04:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Teach

Well, let's hope they "tap" those resources 'cause I'm flat "tapped" out!

Hey Teach, do you remember when my son was in Reno and had no place to flop. Do you remember how upset I was, especially when he talked about living in the storage space!!! OMG, I thought, how will he breath?

Do you remember how much we laughed once Ann got wind of that? OMG! I laughed so much. She's so good for one's soul isn't she?? I swear I would have fallen off the deep end without her hanging on to my shirt sleeves!

God love her and so many others that have never given up on me!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 05-21-2008, 05:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
To Life!

Ya know, Dev,
It's that laughter that gets us though it all, now, isn't it? :rof

Oh, yes, I remember!!!
Laugh so much I'd pee my pants!!!
(Oh, did I say that out loud??? )

Shalom!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
(((Dev))))

Good to see you, my friend!!!

Yes, another old friend whom I'm so glad to have walked this path with!
Oh, and aren't you right! Coming and going! You, me, Moose and Ann along with a few others have some stories to tell, now, don't we! :rof

I don't know what Trevor's going to do either, but, I do know that he, and every other addict's, got tons of resources that we can only imagine! And I don't have anymore time for his explainations and stories. I'm too tired. And, my sympathies are lying with people who are suffering for reasons that are not of their own making.
Like Kayla.

Good to see you, Dev...

Shalom, my friend!

As you said, there are tons of resources....... You've done more than your share.
You give out help when it is taken with respect, not yanked and demanded.
As it should be.....
Time to sit back and enjoy your life as you are doing.... (Guilt free)
Big hugs to you my friend......

:ghug3
Old 05-21-2008, 07:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Teach

Thank God for the laughter or I would have given up so many times. That laughter is sure good for the soul!

Nowadays, I don't even have to laugh that hard to "pee" my pants! Oh, so fun this getting old!

The other day I went for a walk and heard a huge "thump" sound behind me! I'm not kidding you, Teach, I was afraid to turn around for fear another body part might have fallen off! Thank God it was the garbage man collecting the trash.

Hugs, Dev
Old 05-21-2008, 07:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I still chuckle outloud whenever the thought comes into my head about Ann's son taking her hormones, thinking it was "something good" and she told him he would be growing breasts shortly....

And Dev's son and his prison sheets didn't exactly meet his expectation of thread count he was anticipating....

And my son who needed $600 quick because his GF was kidnapped by the Hungarian Mafia...

Yes, laughter makes some of the hard times, easier to swallow....