Notices

102 days and update

Old 05-18-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

102 days and update

Hey guys,
It has a been along time since I have posted, if anyone even remembers me. haha. I actually made it this far, unbelievable.I made it by going to meetings, getting a sponsor, having and recognizing a higher power, and working the twelve steps. Albeit, I am only on the 4th step which is a B......, But I'm getting through this, The resentment part and letting go is what is getting me at this point. I was reading posts yesterday and I just wanted to let you guys know how I have done this so far. The steps seem very integral to getting anywhere through recovery , I cannot stress this enough. Before, when I tried to come clean I would just show up to meetings and not participate.. i.e not meeting fellow addicts and talking to them. I shortly relapsed after that. This time I made a conscious effort to do what was suggested and it seems to be working. well, I think It is great having this website as a resource. Please realize that this is a life and death situation. Is it really worth just getting loaded for a few hours and then feel all of that pain again? Thanks.:bounce
Old 05-18-2008, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back....and what good news you shared!
Well done!

Old 05-18-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

I'm glad things are going well!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember you! Welcome back and well done on your sober time - you've been working hard and it shows. Thanks for sharing a positive message.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks. Let me stress that I was not saying to become a holy roller or anything like that. I just got or recognized bit of spirituality that filled a void for me, That and playing music again. I think you kind of need something to fill/do with the absence of the alcohol and the drugs, or you will find yourself bored and go back to what you were doing before.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do remember you and thanks for sharing your good news...