Notices

My first day sober

Old 05-16-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My first day sober

I gave up drinking today for about the 20th time in as many weeks i have been through it all before and was sober and clean from cocaine for nearly two years.My life has improved vastly until i began drinking "socially". For instance I just started seeing a new girlfriend and in the 8 weeks i have been going out with her she has begged me to quit on many occassions .My first cocaine relapse came after i asked her out for the first time on valentines day i have done it about 8 times since then i hit a new low last week and injected heroin. After getting into a fight where i had my eye socket broken. I also am recovering from agorophobia, panic disorder and anxiety.I dont remember anything about tuesday or wednesday i know i did drugs but im not sure what i know i definitely did cocaine , I have been blocking out the reality of all this by taking diazepam and drinking to the point where i dont remember.I spen lastnight in tears on the phone to various members of my family. I am not sure wether my girlfriend knows that i was drinking again i have been hididng it from her but seeing as i cant remember i dont know.I havent taken anything today not a drink or any diazepam, I feel sick and dizzy like a really bad hangover but slightly strange ,is this normal for your first day sober?I spent most of yesterday throwing up and have lied to my girlfriend and said i dont want to see her because of a 'bug'.I need to see her tommorow because i dont think i can keep her at bay any longer but i am so anxious without a drink. I see a counsellor and have booked into an alcohol and substance misuse clinic with an appointment for monday. Has anyone been through a similar experience as mine? Thanks for reading it feels good to get it off my chest x
Old 05-16-2008, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yes, it is normal to feel like hammered sh*t the first few days of being sober. I think it's great that you are going into a clinic. They will be a tremendous help. Is it a detox center? If so, that is even better because they will have meds that will minimize withdrawal. So far as seeing your girlfriend, it sounds to me like she will be glad that you are getting help. Admitting that you have a problem is the first step, and going inpatient to get better is a HUGE second step. Good luck to you, and I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!

Yes...many of us nderstand the destruction and despair
of active addcition. We changed and so can you.

Your plan for Monday is really wise.

Keep posting....we are here 23/7 for you.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome I am sending out my positive thoughts for you.