My Turn.....

Old 05-14-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

My Turn.....

I have heard this story so meny times from others in this group but I thought I would share anyway.
I started going to AA two weeks ago because I feel I need to and my Doctor and councoler agree. So the first meeting was on my 2 year birthday of no drinking and the ah was fine with that. I tell him I am going this week and again he is fine with it BUT..... when I call him just after the meeting so see if he needs anything from the store he asks me if I am meeting someone at the meetings (A MAN)

I got real upset and mad and even embarressed because I was still in the meeting hall. My response was NO, Your more than welcome to come with me next time. That shut him up but while I was at the store, I felt like everyone was looking at me. Like they knew where I had just been and what he said and I felt ashamed. I moved like a robot with my long face, just trying to get what I needed and get the hell out of there. I tried to put on a fake smile but couldn't even pull that off.

By the time I got home he had calmed down and acted like nothing had happened. I defused his anger but I couldn't seem to detach from the situation my self. It makes me sad and angry that anyone can have that much power over me.

Thanks for reading and understanding.
Dale Ann
Old 05-14-2008, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Its quiet common for a spouse to ask these stupid questions.
there insecurities realy shine thru in these situations.
Hang in there it'll all become second nature after awhile.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LostnFound, you are doing something good for yourself! Keep your chin up, and be proud of yourself. No one knows where you have been or what you have been accused of (falsely)! No reason to feel ashamed!

Stand tall....shoulders back......and keep on keepin' on!

Shivaya
Old 05-14-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

I know I have to keep going. If I stop now and give up, then all is lost and I will go back to being who I used to be and that only leads to self destruct, fast and hard.
Thanks for being there.