Even after he knows that I am leaving because of the alcohol

Old 05-11-2008, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Even after he knows that I am leaving because of the alcohol

I got home today and he had already drank 2 beers. That tells me right there that he is not ready to quit. But he wrote me this letter basically asking me if I would dig deep and give him a second chance. I got the same feeling back that I had 10 years ago when he told me he coldnt live with out me. He said that his family is his life and that he wants to get help for his alcohol addiction and anger issues. He will also be more supportive of me and school. I know that what I was reading was manipulation at its finest. I hate that he is hurting but Im not living another 10 years like this. I cant and I wont.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wish he'd quit View Post
I hate that he is hurting but Im not living another 10 years like this. I cant and I wont.
you have a healthy perspective to see manipulation for what it is and to not get bamboozled by it. good for you~

as you continue to respect yourself and to accept better things in your life, your husband may or may not do the same for himself, but at least, you will be moving forward into a better future.

try to hold the focus on your needs right now and on ways to be gentle with yourself. this transition will all work out and you will be fine.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I know that what I was reading was manipulation at its finest. I hate that he is hurting but Im not living another 10 years like this. I cant and I wont.
That is great growth on your part. You know that his ACTIONS will tell you what he really means so will continue saying prayers for your well being.

Your respect for yourself is shining. Keep doing the next right thing for YOU.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 05-12-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, I'm sorry you have to deal with the manipulation, but glad you know it when you see it. Sadly enough, I actually get upset that my AH doesn't try to manipulate me when I have thrown him out before. He doesn't cry or beg me to forgive him...he's one who says, "well, you've got your mind made up, what am I gonna do or say that's gonna change anything." In a way, I respect him for not being all whiney and sniveling, but I also wish I felt more loved and wanted than just someone who is simply "there." Take it or leave it. Strange....
Old 05-12-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Manipulation

I think that manipulation is all they have....until we figure it out. If he wants to be supportive of you then why doesnt he just do it then? I will...I want to...maybe...when this or that happens..if I get what i want blah blah blah. STAY STRONG!!! Dont fall for his lame attempt at controlling you! His tail is between his legs where his stones used to be!!!