Ummmm.....

Old 05-09-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ummmm.....

I just recieved a text from RAH asking if I could Western Union him $20 for gas. I didn't respond to his message. We have been texting (he uses his phone, I use my comp) lately almost every day (even if it's just a couple of messages) & our "conversations" have been pleasant. He sounds like he's trying, but with him being so far away & his colorful past, I still don't know what to believe, but I am being nice to him. I feel that it's better that way & I am through fighting. He says that he needs me to be his friend, which I am willing to do. All of the other feelings have gone out the window thanks to his drinking & careless decisions. I would like to get to know a sober him though.

So, I don't want to send him this money. Yes, I'm working & I do have the $20. He's not working right now & is looking for something. I don't want to be mean & I'm not trying to get even or anything by not sending him the money. I just don't want to give in to him again. I have for the past 5 yrs & I know he's trying to get better, but I just can't do it.

What would you do?
Old 05-09-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmmmm
You say you don't really want to send him this money.
It is your money-you don't have to give it to anybody ('cept Uncle Sam!).
So just say "No." That's a complete sentence. If he asks you why? you could say "I just can't talk about it right now."
Just keep saying those 2 sentences till he gets it.
Lather, rinse, repeat!
Peace-
B.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Is he capabale of working? Then why is he asking you for $20 after all he has put you through? Why would you even consider it?