Notices

Just Registered

Old 05-09-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Registered

I am hoping for some support. Doing this online seems easier, but the process is not easy. No denial issues with me. I know what I am. I know why I drink to raging excess. And I know there are no excuses. I see a lot of darkness out there and it's depressing. Alcohol has been a mental anesthetic. It has also turned me into a coward and there is no chance of a shred of dignity if I continue on like this to the end. I need help. And I'd like to offer help and support as well.

First day going dry. I feel lousy physically and am tired of it, feeling like this almost every morning. I have people who depend on me. I can't go on as I have. I will tell the truth if I fall off the wagon. I wanted to to get this started but chose a time in the middle of tasks and errands. So this is a relatively short introduction. I will try to post daily.
JD
Old 05-09-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Helping Others, Helps Me

"people depend on you".........i know i wasn't much use when i was drinking

Welcome, I have given away 4 years of my life to alcoholism.....simply existing and not living.......and have seen people many years older than me saying the same thing......It is a choice my friend.......
Old 05-09-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Congrats on starting first day.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

JD.....
Yes..I find SR a terrific supplement
to my face to face AA meetings.

My long term depression is why I began AA.
It vanished rather quickly with sobriety.
I do so hope the same will be true for you

Welcome!..
Old 05-09-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pendragn View Post
I am hoping for some support. Doing this online seems easier, but the process is not easy. No denial issues with me. I know what I am. I know why I drink to raging excess. And I know there are no excuses. I see a lot of darkness out there and it's depressing. Alcohol has been a mental anesthetic. It has also turned me into a coward and there is no chance of a shred of dignity if I continue on like this to the end. I need help. And I'd like to offer help and support as well.

First day going dry. I feel lousy physically and am tired of it, feeling like this almost every morning. I have people who depend on me. I can't go on as I have. I will tell the truth if I fall off the wagon. I wanted to to get this started but chose a time in the middle of tasks and errands. So this is a relatively short introduction. I will try to post daily.
JD

WELCOME!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Hi and Welcome!

I"m a huge fan of the Arthurian legend..
Old 05-09-2008, 07:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome

Hope you find this place as beneficial as I have. It merely helped save my life. Aside from that I have tasks and errands, too.

Acceptance is first, willingness to do whatever it takes is next.

warren
Old 05-09-2008, 07:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome to SR! Glad that you found us pendrgn! There is a lot of support here-we hope that you keep posting!

You can also check out the Alcoholism forums and other forums which will have stickies posted at the top which will also provide excellent support to you!

Old 05-09-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome! We are all in this together. I'm new, too. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is a link about de toxing from our Alcoholism Forum

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

Obviously...not all of our shares will pertain to you
and do note they are not all the same.

Be both sober and safe....have an honest talk with your doctor.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome, Pen!

Sounds like you are where I was a little over a month ago. Let me tell you, WHAT a difference a sober month can make....and I say this even tho mid-way through someone emptied my bank account after getting my credit card/debit numbers and expiration date. I would have curled up in a drunken ball and not resolved it or been beaten by it 38 days or so ago. Getting the alcohol out of your system is the hardest, I think, once you do, you don't ever have to do it again, just string one day at a time together with another, and another and you'll be amazed how good you begin to feel!

These boards have been a really wonderful resource for me!

Keep coming back!
Karen
Old 05-09-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome! You've found a great place with incredible people. I've gained a lot from this site. Keep posting and coming back.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR...

So glad you found us, keep posting....:ghug
Old 05-09-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi and welcome .
Old 05-09-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

I could Identified with you when you said that this process
ain't easy and It's true today just by the Grace of God I made it to my 4'rth month clean and it hasn't been easy dealing with my recovery
and to top it off been Bipolar and all,but stick around for the ride
you are so right there is nothing out there but sadness in the world
so Yeah; I also found out that there are no short cuts to this
disease but anything it's possible on this journey to sobriety God Bless you and

Last edited by BUTTERFLY-7; 05-09-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Another South Floridian.
You guys are making me home sick.
Glad you are here.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pendragn View Post

JD
Hi Pendragn. I just registered today also. I have been sober for 66 hours now. tonight at 8pm will be 72 hours (3 days).

Wednesday night, my first night, that was terrrible. I went stir crazy. i have had people suggest to drink soda or anything with sugar in to supplement for the sugars your body is missing from the alcohol.

Thursay morning I woke up and felt strange. Not hung over but not, not hung over. Confused. Thursday night was actually a little easier. I wanted to wake up this morning and see what I felt like. To see if Thursday's ecpeiarnce was what I had to look forward too.

Friday morning, today, I woke up and felt different that I had yesterday. Woke up quicker. The fog wasn't half as bad as it had been yesterday and not nearly as bad as it had been Wednesday.

Today, I've been reading alot of post from people that are well on there way. they made want to cry most of the day. I don't have any support at home (I think there all tired of hearing me say I quit.) I've joined 2 online groups today. I didn't know where else to look for help. Now people have got me to wondering what it feels like to not have the aches and pains that I have had daily.

Good Luck. Look forward to sobriety.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:09 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, this is a great and safe place to talk and find out a lot from people who have been there!

Have you thought about a plan to stay sober? I suggest starting by asking yourself this question - What am I willing to do to stay sober today? Keep it simple to start with and go from there.

Thanks for your post and keep coming back!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tina73 View Post
Now people have got me to wondering what it feels like to not have the aches and pains that I have had daily.

It feels great and it will get better each day, I'd say!

I spent the first few weeks really tired and just taking it easy....I guess I was really sick and tired of being sick and tired and needed rest!

Welcome you guys!
Keep coming back!

Karen
Old 05-09-2008, 04:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR