I feel so overwhelmed and frustrated

Old 05-08-2008, 12:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel so overwhelmed and frustrated

I finally talked to a divorce lawyer today. I have an appointment to see him next Friday. That is all great. This is all a long time comming. I am starting to have that feeling of pity for him. I hate that it will all hit him like a ton of bricks. I am not out to hurt him, even with all the bad things he did to me. I guess maybe I still have a little of that "wanting to save him" mentality. i'm just not a person to try to seek revenge. It is useless for me to stay mad because then he still has some control.

At the same time I am also completely frustrated. We got into it again tonight because he thinks Im going to be a career student. It is true that I have been in school forever, but I have finally found my niche. I informed him that I refuse to forgo my dreams of having a career because he has insecurities. REFUSE! That didnt sit to well with him. He claims that I have not supported him in anything for a very long time. That is true I guess. But honestly I can't bring myself to be around him much because I have to protect myself and my kids from the hurt and embarrassment. Seriously I am just over this.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel for you

Hi W-H-Q,

I know exactly what you are going through. I am also 'over it'. But, it's taken me about 6 months to get here, in that time I've been angry, frustrated, grieved and read endless books (and forums) about alcoholism, co-dependence and boundaries. I've gone through the whole process in my own time, at my own speed, and now, on my terms, I'm getting ready to tell him it's over. (The moment came at about 3:00am in the morning on Monday, when HE woke me up to talk about the problems in our marriage, I thought here's the moment to end this....., it's time....., took a deep breath......and our son burst into the room crying after waking up from a nightmare! The moment was lost.!!!!).

I am hesitant to tell him, I'm afraid I'll sound cold and unfeeling because I'm been through all the tears already (plus I already have 6 months rent set aside to give him when he leaves - I must finish that co-dependence book - lol). He will have to deal with it all in a much shorter time frame and move out at the same time. So, sorry I have no advice, but I get what you are feeling.

Take care