Happy Anniversary, I think not!!

Old 07-01-2003, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary, I think not!!

Hi everyone,

I have hardly ever started a thread here. I usually just come and read and reply to others. Today is my only day off this week and I am tired because it has been really busy at the grocery store I work at. I am a cashier and we never have enough help. Got to make sure those big guys get their bonuses now. Today is also the only day off before my youngest daughter and I fly back to northern NY to visit my Mom. My brother will be going back and it will be the first time since our Dad died 21/2 years ago. I have not seen him since then either and I am so excited that he and Mom and I will be together. I am also going to go to my 31st reunion. We just could not get a 30th together. It will be so great to see some of the classmates that didn't make it to the 10 and 20 yr. reunions.

Sorry I am not getting to the whole reason for this post. Tomorrow is my husbands and my 26th anniversary. I bought him a card and decided to clean the house as a gift to him. With working so much the house doesn't get the attention it needs. A real mess in other words. I had already started cleaning before he got home. I was vacuming upstairs because that gets neglected the most. I came downstairs to throw away some trash and he comes in the kitchen and starts saying that the table needs to be cleaned off and the house is a dump and no one elses house looks like ours. I started to tell him about cleaning upstairs. He doesn't care about that . Only downstairs!!!
He starts throwing things on the floor and getting really pissed!!!!
I decided to go back upstairs and let my daughter clean the table. He comes up alittle while later and asks me to turn off the vacuum. He says in a softer voice that the reason he was upset that the house is a mess is because he is having 25-30 people over to our house on Friday. Well Isn't that special. I don't have enough to do this week. The real kicker is they are AA Pals. Here he is drunk having a fit about what the house looks like and how embarassing it will be to have people see it. I asked him if they were coming here to drink. I couldn't resist. "No, they don't drink" he said. WE live about a hour away. He was just there and sober for two days. Oh my, was it the house that caused the need for a few too many drinks? Just kidding. I don't even feel like saying Happy Anniversary tomorrow now.

I'll be ok tomorrow......
matters
Old 07-01-2003, 11:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Happy Anniversary

26 years! You deserve some kind of a medal. Try to remember you have a break coming really soon. Just get through one more hurdle and you're out of here.

"No they don't drink" is just too funny.

Have a wonderful time on your trip.

Love and Hugs,
MG

P.S. We're getting old

Old 07-02-2003, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Happy Anniversary!!

I agree with MG, you deserve a medal or at least a badge

I hope things are better today and I think its great you are going away and having a family reunion and school reunion, too cool!! I hope you have the best time!!

Take care of yourself.

Many hugs,
Debbie

PS If he is so worried about the house let HIM clean it, after all they are his pals
Old 07-02-2003, 04:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Matters

Happy Anniversary!!!! I mean it - you deserve a happy day and perhaps the Anniversary Tiara of Tolerance. .

You KNOW that his "messy house" ranting was not even about 'you" but probably a reflection of how his own house is not in order. But I would be plenty miffed too.

Enjoy your day, and enjoy your upcoming holiday!!! Sounds wonderful and full of fun. You deserve it all!!
Old 07-02-2003, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well a celebration after 26 years is definately in order. You should have a good time and don't stress over those people coming, I am SURE that none of their houses are perfect!

The next time he tells you to clean off the kitchen table....tell him what I tell mine.......if YOU think it is a mess or should be done a certain way then YOU do it and then walk off. Hey they ARE capable of picking up and cleaning too!!

Take some time for yourself and put on that tiara for you anniversary!

Constant
Old 07-02-2003, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

((( Matters )))

sending a hug for all the bs, isnt he capable of a helping hand
he did the inviting ! UGH !
Have a great time with your family
and congrats on the 26 yrs. !
liddy
Old 07-02-2003, 06:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((((((Matters))))))))

Well, if it helps any--I got ticked right along with you after reading your post. I've lived that same scene at least a thousand times myself. Funny how they can invite people over, and leave it up to you to "prepare" for it--while they go putter around at something and try to look like they are working harder than anyone else in the whole world has ever worked--and so if they are working that hard, why doesn't anything ever get done?

Ok, enough of the soapbox.

As the rest of them said, you deserve a metal, badge, tiara and a really good time--so take what you deserve. Now don't you put a spit-shine on everything-ya hear? Enough is as good as a feast--it doesn't have to be perfect. And if you need help on the food, I'm the queen of fix-it-fast, (tiara and all ), and I have some really fast and really yummy recipes--just ask.

Hugs,
Lyn
Old 07-02-2003, 06:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Matters...

Liddy asked you what I was wondering. You work. He works. In my neighborhood, where everybody works, everybody cleans.

I also wondered if you work for one of those horrible grocery chains who only hire men as managers in spite of the fact that many of them are clearly mentally substandard to the women cashiers and also to chimpanzees. I hope not.

Congratulations on the 26 year display of supreme stamina!

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 07-02-2003, 04:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey Matters

You did something nice for him out of the goodness of your heart. He didn't appreciate it. Good on you, bad on him. I hope you have a great time on your getaway.
26 years? I insist that you buy yourself a tiara for your anniversary.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 07-02-2003, 06:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((((Matters))))) Happy Anniversary!

Hope your hubby makes it up to you in a BIG way!

Love and hugs.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Happy Anniversary Matters!!!!!!

I'm with liddy and smoke on this one. He should help out too, you know. He did invite the AA crowd and I already know what I would've done... I would've left it the way it was until he got off his rump! Thats just me though.
I sure hope you have a great day tomorrow!
A Tiara sounds like a great gift for yourself!

Hugs,
2many
Old 07-02-2003, 08:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Matters,

You go on that trip and have a ball!!! Don't worry about what the house looks like. Remeber it's his AA friends and Lord knows where they've been. I'm SURE they have seen worse!!!!!

And maybe you ought to tell Mr. Matters that he'll be lucky to see anniversary #27 if he keeps acting that way!

And why don't you tell him that your soberrecovery friends said we think he needs to pull his weight! And while you're at it....uh...nevermind. I'm getting carried away....

Now do me a favor. Before you leave for your trip please leave some junk mail strewn on the kitchen table. Hey and while you're at it, sprinkle some crumbs on it too...:p

Have a GREAT trip!

Hugs,

Hangin' In
Old 07-05-2003, 04:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you so much ********{EVERYONE}}}}} !!!!!!!!!!

You all helped me feel so much better. I have been working alot and getting ready to leave on my trip. I leave early Monday AM. I need to be at the airport at 6:20 AM. I will get very little sleep because I work until 9:30 Sunday and of course those butterflies I get before I fly will keep me tossing and turning. The hubby never even said Happy Anniversary to me so finally today I asked him why he never even said a word. He looked at me like he forgot and gave me a hug and a kiss. Woopie! Between the beautiful card that my Mom sent us and all of your greetings I feel better though. He doesn't get it even after 26 years. He doesn't have to buy me anything, just remember on the day. And the AA people didn't come over after all. He threw his FIT for nothing. He told them that we have a Pit Bull out back and one of the guys had been bit by a dog and got scared. Then he also decides that our place was alittle too small for all of those people. Gee amazing how his tune changes when someone else suggests another plan. They had decided that it would be nicer to all go to the beach and then watch the fireworks after. I worked, and then hung around for 30 min and watched the fireworks from the parking lot at the grocery store. They were short and sweet but nice. Only abiut 20 mins. long. I then got a few things we needed and then came home. No one was here. The kids had all gone to see the fireworks and do their own thing and my husband didn't come home either. I just made myself something to eat and checked my e-mails and chatted with my girlfriend for awhile online about the reunion etc. We are on the planning commitee.

I am going to have a blast for sure and I am looking forward to everyday!! I need this vacation so much. I will let you know all about it.I can't wait to see my Mom and brother again. Take care and thanks again. I love you guys!!

hugs and prayers,
matters