Dr. Phil Follow Up Show

Old 11-25-2003, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chy

Dr. Phil Follow Up Show

Just wanted to let you all know the show we had discussed earlier about the family struggling with Brandon an addict will air a follow up show on Wednesday... I'll be curious to see how it all worked out. Then again.. they wouldn't air a show with bad results would they?
Old 11-25-2003, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks for the reminder!!! And I hope they have another follow-up six months from now LOL.

I hope they will be following up on those codie parents too!

If we hurry, we could all get there in time to save the whole bunch of them. Who has the bus keys?
Old 11-25-2003, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Chy

*LOL*.. WILL BOOK THE RESERVATIONS!! WATCH OUT DR. PHIL... HERE COMES THE SR CREW!!!.. YOUR IN TROUBLE NOW!!
Old 11-25-2003, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do you really think they wouldn't air the show if things went rough?
Old 11-25-2003, 11:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well I hate it that in TVland everything has a happy ending. I mean I hope the young man did well and has recovery in his plans for the future....but where is "Reality TV" when we need it?

Maybe happy ending is better, for those who need "hope".

Dr. Phil: "My guests today arrived on a bus and although I am not sure why they are here, they sure are a happy but peculiar bunch." "Could you introduce yourselves please?"

Smoke: "My name is Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" and I am a recovering codie.

Dr. Phil: "Interesting name there, Smoke....may I call you Smoke"

Smoke: "Sure Phil....may I call you Phil?"

Dr. Phil: "If that works for you, Smoke. Do you Smoke?"

Smoke: "Gave it up Phil, got any suckers?"

Dr. Phil: "Here. What does recovering codie mean, Smoke?"

Smoke: "It means I am no longer addicted to addicts."

Dr. Phil: "You were an addict?"

Smoke: "No, I was addicted to one. His name is Dino the Dinasaur. He is not presently an addict either"

Dr. Phil: "Let me get this straight....you are a non smoker named Smoke and you are a recovering addict addict whose addict is not an addict....but a dinassaur?

Smoke: "Got it, Phil."

Dr. Phil (squirming): And these people with you are..?"

Smoke: "The lady on my left is Just Tired"

Dr. Phil: "She should get more rest. What is her name?"

Smoke: "Just Tired, I told you. You can call her JT."

Dr. Phil: " Ooooookay, Smoke. And the others?"

Smoke: "The support group. They are not addicted to addicts either"

Dr. Phil: "So.....how's that working for you...and you...and you...and you?"

Group: "It works when we work it Phil!!!!"

Yup - I think Dr. Phil is ready for US

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-25-2003, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I must have missed the original thread, but I think I know the show you are referring to. I don't get to what Dr. Phil, but the ladies at work were discussing how they sent this child/young man off to rehab. They are convinced that it will "fix" him...I didn't comment too much except to say that I hoped that he had chosen to recover or it probably wouldn't work...

Let me know how the show ends....or I am sure the ladies at work will..........too bad that isn't how the story will remain....the show won't show the life long battle of anyone involved. They tend to make Cinderella stories out of all of them.

Constant
Old 11-25-2003, 12:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LOL Ann!
Old 11-25-2003, 01:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Ann... Priceless... yet so damn close to the script as it would air.. YOUR good!! *LOL*
Old 11-25-2003, 01:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read here.

Perfect, Ann.

But I really think it should continue, yes?
Old 11-25-2003, 01:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Doug

Ann! That's great!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Old 11-25-2003, 02:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOL - Thanks Jon, but I'm not used to flying solo. BUT ....I'll do one more and then that's it...unless others care to join in of course.

Dr. Phil: "I'd like to speak briefly to some of the group." "Just Tired?...That IS your name?"

JT: "Well some call me June Cleaver, Phil, and it's about the Beaver...ya know? It's an old story, Phil...jail, orange jump suits, Walmart...you've heard it before, I'm sure. Well the Beaver is trying his best and I pray for him every night in the bubble bath."

Dr. Phil: "Uh huh...you are...June Cleaver, and your son is named Beaver Cleaver?"

JT: "Yes, Phil, and also I am Just Tired."

Dr. Phil: "Well please promise me you will get some rest...some very serious rest...believe me you need to rest...am I making myself clear?"

JT: "Gotcha Phil. My bubble bath is waiting - here hold my skillet"

Dr. Phil: And the lady next to you is...?

JT: "She's Devastated"

Dr. Phil: "Oh my, I am sorry to hear that...but what is her name?

Dev: "I'm Devastated, Phil, and happy as poop because my son is in rehab!!!"

Dr. Phil: " You are devastated and happy as poop? I don't get it?"

Dev: "Well come to our meetings Phil, and you will "get it" and you too can be happy again".

Dr. Phil (sinking in his chair): " And the lady next to you is...?"

Dev: "She's Hangin' In. Don't mess with her, she's a southern belle and if she says "bless your heart" you KNOW she is insulting you.

Dr. Phil: You are hangin' in?....what is your name dear?

Hangin': I am Hangin' In Phil. You have sweat dripping down your forehead into your eyes, bless your heart."

Dr. Phil (wiping his brow): And your story is...?

Hangin': It's my daughter, Phil. I can't take it. She is clean and not using and she is coming home for Thanksgiving! I tell ya, Phil, she's coming HOME....what's a mother to do???"

Dr. Phil (fanning himself): Cook a turkey???

Hangin': "Well just don't y'all let Mr. Hangin hear you talk like that you feeble minded twit, bless your heart."

Dr. Phil: "Do I hear a bus? Could it be...a bus? We'll take a brief commercial break here and see if we can't get these ladies on the bus....(to staff..."BRING THE BUS!!)

Okay, my apologies to Smoke, JT, Dev and Hangin' for breaking their anonyminity by shoving them on Dr. Phil.

Love y'all!!! And feel free to continue the interview

Hugs
Ann
Old 11-25-2003, 03:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Wait'll Phil finds out the bus driver is just one of us. Come on in and sit down, Pony!!
Old 11-25-2003, 03:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

ohhh pleeeaze....somebody stop me!!!

Dr. Phil: "Well, we're back and it appears the bus driver is one of "them". Please sit down....err...I'm sorry...your name is...?"

Pony: "I'm Pony, Phil...well I used to be KidPonyExpress but no one could spell it."

Dr. Phil (heard silently praying): "You are the Pony Express? But that is a bus out there. Could you make yourself clearer here?"

Pony: "I'm Pony, Phil and I was just reading your new "weight loss" book and thought you might want a few tips from a pro."

Dr. Phil: "You do weight loss?"

Hangin: "Well you are a fat SOB, bless your heart!"

Pony (holding Hangin' back): "Eating Disorders is my specialty, Phil, and I'd like to know how many gallons of water you drank today."

Dr. Phil (glaring at Hangin'): Well, now, I had my carrot juice, and some grapefruit juice, and black coffee, and errr .....OKAY I ATE A BIG MAC AND FRIES!!!"

Pony (pretending she doesn't notice Dr. Phil's lip quivering): "No, I'm talking serious WATER Phil!"

Dr. Phil: "It's not about ME, here, we're talking about YOU Pony"

Pony: "And how's that working for YOU, Phil?"

Dr. Phil: "I need help....serious help...I admit it....I surrender...."

As Pony wiped the tears from Dr. Phil's eyes, the cameras pan back catching JT whacking Hangin' with her skillet....

Is this the end of Dr. Phil? Can he DENY that these ladies have something he doesn't have? and does he want it too?"

Stay tuned, and see "How the Codies Save Dr. Phil....from himself".

Pheww. Coffee break.

Hugs and special hugs for Pony for joining us
Ann
Old 11-25-2003, 03:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Pleeease...LOL....someone....anyone...do the next guest!
Old 11-25-2003, 03:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

LOL!
Old 11-25-2003, 03:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Phil: W...w...welcome back. Joining me now are Ann and Gabe. Finally, two people with real names.

Gabe: Oh, that's not my name. Gabe is my guardian angel.

Philto Ann) Please tell me your real name is Ann?

Ann: I can't confirm or deny that Phil. We're an anonymous organization. But coincidentally, I am an angel.

Phil: Your real name is Gabe?

Ann: Now, I believe you're being obtuse on purpose Phil, and I have a boundary about that. Go to the green room. Gabe and I will interview the next guest while you collect yourself.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

OMG, I think I just had my 30 seconds of fame!!! And darn it all, ole JT had to go and whack me over the head with her skillet! But lucky for me I don't stay down for long, and I revived myself to rejoin the show just when Ann was making her entrance.."

Hangin' In: "Oh great, Dr. Phil, here comes some more of the codie crew. Why look, there's Ms. Pleasantville!"

Dr. Phil: "How do you do, Ms. Pleasantville? Is that your real name?"

Mr. Pleasantville: "Well, my friends call me Ann, but I've recently been given the title of Ms. Pleasantville. But since we've become such dear friends in the last 15 seconds, feel free to call me "The Big Kahuna of SR."

Dr. Phil: "Oh, really? So I assume you live in a town on one of the islands of Hawaii?"

Ann: "No, no. Dr. Phil. Pay attention. And don't let this grass skirt throw you off. Gee, Dr. Phil. Seems you're a little befuddled. For your sake, why don't you just call me Ann?"

Phil: "Ok, Ann. So let me see if I understand this. A busload of less than normal women drive up outside my studio here, unload themselves and come in here to be guests on my show, yet I don't really have a clue as to what we're talking about?"

Ann: "Uh, so it seems, Phil. But there is good news. DO I HAVE PROGRAM FOR YOU!!!!! You see, Phil, there are steps for you to take in order for you to regain control of your show and life. First you have to admit you are powerless, plain and simple."

Phil: "Who, ME, POWERLESS? Excuse me Ms. Pleasantville or Big Kahuna What's Your Face, but let me remind you that I AM IN CONTROL HERE!"

Ann, looking at the rest of her fella codies just shakes her head from side to side and says, "Well, you know girls, some are sicker than others."....

Old 11-25-2003, 04:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Chy

Excellant stuff Ann! *LMAO*
Old 11-25-2003, 04:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

OOPS! Looks like Smoke and I were posting at the same time. Oh well, great minds operating on a the same time schedule, aren't they, Smoke?
Old 11-25-2003, 04:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh I am killing myself here Smoke and Hangin'. Yup I love my front row seat.

Please let the interviews continue.

:spectacle

Hugs
Ann