update

Old 05-05-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

update

Hi everyone, I have been awol for some time....forgot to log out so it looked like I was around.. I feel bad for not being here to pull my weight and support.. but just went throught the move from hell actually two moves ....moved my daughter and myself to two differnet places.
I think I made a miscalculation but time will tell. I moved from a beautiful place that supported my physical disabilities, because of a stereo noise problem that was not getting resolved. The place I moved to is old and small but part of it is in a turret and has four huge windows with sun all morning ( why I took it). The problem is the guy across the hall and the girl above me are heavy smokers and I have spent the week plugging cracks. The girl above me lives (floor noise wise ) like there is no one under her and that is stressing me out..big adjustment...I have been praying and welcoming the light into my little place, got my altar set up,and asking for some peace and serenity. I miss my old place and I am exhausted, but want to open to this new and differet experience..but I will recover and I will adjust...I just did not anticipate how difficult an adustment this would be for my spirit...the energy in my old place was incredible...I will just have to create it here.....
I hope everyone is well and happy....hugs , grateful
Old 05-05-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Grateful glad to see you!

Moving was an adjustment for me too and I still know this is not where I want to be...I have made it home for now with my own things-as best as I can. I live in a basement apartment right now with not much sunlight-but it is in a beautiful area. I have a mouse that wakes me up every night in romping around in the ceiling and I cannot catch it. The lady upstairs stays up till 12 pm and wakes me up all the time with the pounding of her feet.

However I think and know it could always be worse and at least there is no drama like there was in my life anymore!

It will fine you did what you needed for YOU! That is what is important and you will get through this!

Take care
Old 05-05-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Adjusting to new space takes time even without challenges. You'll get there! (hugs)
Old 05-05-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Thanks Barb
Rella, I am using earplugs for the upstairs noise, its working...she is here evenings and weekends, so I am grateful for the time I have during the day during the week. watcha gonna name your mouse
Old 05-05-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

Good to see you back grateful.!

I couldn't handle living around smoke, thats awful they smoke in the house ick! I have bad asthma so don't think I'd like that either.

I just moved last Thursday and am not so sure about my new place yet. It's on a semi busy street and the rent is a little out of my budget but I'll have to figure it out as I always do. It does take a lot of time to get used to a new place.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by lexusgirl View Post
Good to see you back grateful.!

I couldn't handle living around smoke, thats awful they smoke in the house ick! I have bad asthma so don't think I'd like that either.

I just moved last Thursday and am not so sure about my new place yet. It's on a semi busy street and the rent is a little out of my budget but I'll have to figure it out as I always do. It does take a lot of time to get used to a new place.
thank you Lexus
yes, I have asthma as well, and the laws here regarding smoke in hallways has no teeth...
good luck in your new place, lexus hope you find peace there.....
Old 05-06-2008, 06:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think I will name the mouse "2B" as in 2B annouced what will happen if he does not get his little buttock outside! :rof (I hate killing God's creatures, however this one is driving me to it)

I have the have a heart trap thing and let two others back outside like 5 miles from my house this one....Ughh!
Old 05-06-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

is the mouse between the ceiling and the floor above or does he actually come out somewhere so you can trap him? that must be so frustrating ..what about earplugs to sleep if you can't get him, Rella. I have been using plugs to sleep for years(sleep disorder;fibromyalgia) and wouldn't be without them...they are some really comfortable ones on the market....hope you catch that mouse
Old 05-06-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ear plugs nope.....I have to be able to hear the 17 year little Lhasa Apso that I have and my alarm in the morning!

The mouse I think is trapped in there wall/celiing because I have put food out and it does not come out! The others were eating the dogs food and hiding it everywhere! In my shoes...in the basket in the bathroom...all over! :rof

Thanks Grateful! My friend has the fibromyalgia it is tuff blessings to you!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hope you adjust to your new home soon. Smoke is a tough one though. The turret area sounds soooo cool! I love places with character. Adjusting takes time......

gentle hugs
Old 05-17-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Hi all, turns out this place was a lay over while I waited for the place I am supposed to move to, became free
I decided the other day that I could not stay here...
So I prayed real hard, and the next morning I called an apt ad that had just gone on Craig's List.
The guy had gotten lots of calls and people were coming to see it the next day.
I arranged to see it that night...
The apt is lovely, top floor, corner apt, quiet building, balcony, new, amazing kitchen and for the same price as the one I just moved to.
This apartment in that part of town would normally go for 750. but it rents for 625.
The guy promised not to show it to anyone else until I made an application with the owner.
I met the owner and he was lovely, we hit it off and he didn't even do a credit check. rented to me on the spot.
I was elated..
This is a really nice building with older people and suits my needs perfectly.
God is good...
so I am off to pack.....
have a great weekend , everyone and thank you all so much for your support, love ya
Old 05-17-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That's great news! I am so glad you were led to a really nice place. (hugs)
Old 05-17-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That is great. I looked and looked and tryed to find a place for me and my 3 cats. I also looked at alot of dumps overlooking roads and barren fields, when I was about to give up, I went to a place that is sitting right in a park. The mill pond in front of this place has a water fall and three streams that branch out . I am in the middle of a vacation mecca in wisconsin and the best thing is, my daughter just works 2 blocks up. I am in rock throwing distance to three restaurants and my personal view is probably the best in the buliding, plus...no kids..no noise..my dd thinks I landed in an old folks home but I don't care..it is so peaceful and quiet with ducks and squirrels and chipmunks. My cats are in heaven looking out the windows. Only thing is, I still am having a hard time adjusting to being alone and sometimes question how did I get here? Sorry I think I went off on a ramble.. Anyways, I couldn't imagine moving so many times, the stress of that must be huge. I hope this place has good karma for you.
Old 05-17-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Free, it sounds like heaven to me
Old 05-17-2008, 03:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Freeflower, that sounds like heaven to me also!
Old 05-18-2008, 04:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

After reading all the stories on here, I feel so fortunate to have ended up here. I really should tell my story because I feel very confused right now and would really value all your imput. Long story short, my ah is a kind man. He never abused me in anyway, or called me names etc. he never did that to my children either as they grew up. he has always provided and we have a beautiful old victorian home that we have lived in for 22 years. But, living with an active A kills your spirit. He just pass's out and has 3 dui under his belt. And now he has taken to hinding alcohol and pretending he isn't drunk when I know he is...plus I know he has driven. and you all know the ramifacations of another dui..insurance drops, and jail time and probably losing of his job this time around....sorry rambling again, didn't mean to steal this post away, I'll post in the right place
f.flower
Old 05-18-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Freeflower,

I love your truth about how your husband's alcoholism kills your spirit. I felt exactly the same way. I think we all know that man that exists beneath the drunkeness, and fear that he will not find his way back. Perhaps without you there enabling, consciously or unconsciously, he will find sobriety and it will be more meaningful and long-lasting for HIM. You would do no one any good service by staying in the environment, not him, not yourself, not your children or even your pets. A home should be serene, a place where you can grown in spirit and knowledge, especially as you get older. Life holds many rewards when we create that environment for ourselves to blossom. Your new abode sounds like a lovely place for your spirit to heal, and for you to enjoy the fruits truly LIVING has to offer. Work your way through the sadness, acceptance, and giving him over to his HP, and you and he will reap the benefits, even if separate. You don't have to reach the "hate" point to leave. More likely you reached the "love" point--love for yourself and, as a result, love for him to allow him his own destiny in his own hands and those of his HP
Old 05-18-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Dear peaceteach,
You have know idea how much I needed to hear your words right this very minute. I just talked to him for the 2nd time since I left and he sounded angry at first and told me that he doesn't believe he has a problem....one that he can't handle anyways. My feelings this morning are of really feeling my aloneness, but that is how I felt at home too. He chooses to works 2nd shift and I am on days so I never saw him at all, all week and he quit sleeping with me years ago. His "secret" drinking takes place in the garage after his shift when he knew I was in bed. I started searching for his stache around a year ago and would take inventory early sat. mornings and I never said a word. Just pondered the situation in disbelief that he was actually doing this. Almost like giving him enough rope to hang himself with....so I could finish detaching and just leave. Now that I did, I don't really know how I got here. I will reread your post twenty times today. Thank you f.flower
Old 05-18-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Freeflower - the hidden stash, the secret drinking, your story could be mine. I left 6 months ago, to the shock and continuing disapproval of most of my friends and family. The acceptance and understanding I get here at SR has saved my sanity. I am lonely, but as you said I was lonely when I lived there. The man I married had been gone a long time. I'm glad you found us. Good luck to you.