Daughter talking rehab

Old 05-05-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Daughter talking rehab

Not getting too excited but she is asking for numbers. Since she is an opiate addict (and a really bad one), she wants to go somewhere that will give her suboxone because she does not feel she can make it through withdrawals without help. She says that she is tired of her life going nowhere and feeling like a blob. So I have a couple of numbers for her for inpatient. She says she will do a halfway house when she is done. If you could maybe say a prayer for her. She realizes that she must make the call and then go straight to rehab. She knows that if she waits, she will lose her will. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-05-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Heavy duty prayers coming your way, marle.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

marle,
It's good news in itself that she is even talking about doing this. Whether she follows through or not she is one step closer to finding help and a better life. Getting tired of her life sounds like some good motivation for change.
I'm happy for you that she's asking for help and also letting you know how she feels.
I think you are wise to have reservations about your own expectations. I call it guarded optimism and good recovery. It would be great if she follows through with this.
:praying
Old 05-05-2008, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

thats excellent news Marle. Im glad she is making the decision to clean her act up. I don't know about how the rehab centers work where you are but here in Florida where I went they required that I be fully detoxed in a detox center before coming to the rehab. (i was also a heavy heroin IV user) But in any case keeping her in my thoughts and glad she is moving on and choosing life.

Keep us updated marle.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prayers going up for all of you, Marle. It's great that SHE wants it and is seeking out the help herself. My son is still sober on suboxone after one month. He is with his group right now. I pray for all our kids that THEY want a better life for themselves, and it sounds hopeful that your daughter does want this. I know you've been here much longer than I have, but if you ever want to PM me, I am so happy to listen.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers that she's blessed with some very gentle nudges into sobriety
Old 05-05-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
rozied

Oh Marle I will be praying very hard your daughter gets the help she needs. I will also be praying she doesn't change her mind & she follows through.
Love,
Diane
Old 05-05-2008, 03:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

She's got my prayers too, Marle, that she finds a place quickly.

I had a feeling she was getting close to surrender, I'm glad she's seeking a better way.

Hugs
Old 05-05-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Oh ((Marle)) ......I'll be saying some extra special prayers for your daughter for strength, peace and the total willingness to see this through.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

She feels badly about leaving the abf, but I told her that she must save herself first and he is not even near admitting that he is an addict. He just says that he likes to get high. Yup to the tune of $300 a day. Six figure salary and they have only the clothes on their backs. She realizes that things will not get better but she is afraid of withdrawals. Tells me that the withdrawals make her suicidal. I told her to call me back for numbers and then it it totally up to her what happens after that. We will give her a ride as she will have to leave while her abf is at work. But after that it is her recovery and I will stay as far away as possible except to let her know that I love her. I really have absolutely no need or want to get involved. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-05-2008, 03:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ex D-boy We have a good rehab that takes care of the detox and rehab and halfway houses. My daughter does not use IV. But like I tell her there is always a yet. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-05-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

She needs to know that if she goes to an inpatient detox center, there will be minimal withdrawals. I know there are people here who have detoxed on their own, but I still highly recommend inpatient.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

She will go inpatient. It is what she wants. She has other problems besides drug addiction. She is also bulimic, has cut herself occasionally and has been diagnosed as clinically depressed. She wants to deal with all of her issues. She says that she is ready but she has said that before. So I can't let myself get caught up in it this time. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-05-2008, 03:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Marle, I am thrilled beyond words for the hope that this is. She is in my prayers as are you.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

marle I am happy for you both I will keep her in my prayers!!!
I've followed your posts for awhile now and this is progress .........hugs!!
Old 05-05-2008, 04:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Marle -

I am really happy to hear about your news. That's awesome that she would even begin to have those thoughts. I am sending up lots and lots of prayers for all of you -
Old 05-05-2008, 04:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

But after that it is her recovery and I will stay as far away as possible except to let her know that I love her. I really have absolutely no need or want to get involved.

I understand this feeling so completely, Marle. I think it is healthy for both of you when you can have this approach. I am praying that she truly gets herself there with her HP's help and makes it. It's gonna be tough, but she's your daughter so she certainly has the moxie to do it
Old 05-05-2008, 04:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Great news here.
All good thoughts comin' your way that your daughter follows through.
Wonderful that the communication between the two of you is there.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Oh Marle...

Its all good news.

I admire your attitude about all of it. Your recovery is shining so brightly.

Your daughter remains in my prayers.
My exah...a HORRIBLE heroin addict who never shot up but snorted heroin...went on methadone for about 4 years and recently (in January) switched to subuxone. Like you, I stayed out of the picture and told him to do what he thought was right. Even though I've kept my distance over all of it, I have to say that my exah is the healthiest he has been in years right now...physically and mentally. He had lots of 'false starts' at recovery but when he really got tired of living that life, he did it. There is ALWAYS hope and I'm praying as hard as I can that THIS is your daughter's time...and...just like cmc said...the fact that she's thinking along these lines is great even if, for some reason, she doesn't quite make it this time.

I'm so proud of your recovery and I'm praying like crazy for you and your AD.

Hugs to you my friend ! :ghug3
Old 05-05-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

OMG Marle! I am so happy that she is taking these steps. I have followed your daughters' addition like my own. My daughter is the same age as yours' and has similar history. I am soooo glad she is talking serious rehab. Keep us posted, and of course special prayers going up for you and your daughter.
HUGS
Terri