Removing the plank from my own eye

Old 05-02-2008, 09:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Removing the plank from my own eye

I've been riding my RAD about cleaning up her room which is nothing new. Ever since she was a toddler and able to put her toys up she's been lazy. Am I ready for her and her mess to be gone? Yes! Not because of her disease, I'm just ready for my space.

Problem is, after I almost picked a fight with her and thank goodness she kept her cool, I had to take a look around and then at myself. That happened after I came back home from cooling off and my husband had cooked dinner after 12 hours of work. Seeing him sitting there, eating the dinner he cooked that I promised him, took the tantrum right out of my sails.

There is so much around my home that I have blown off and it needs to be done quickly before I hate my home. I was cranky last night because I stayed up the night before, reading a book I couldn't put down. When the sun came up I figured I better stay up instead of getting my days and nights mixed up. You know, a nap might have done me some good.

So here I am, feeling humbled and I needed that. In good conscience I can't ask others to do what I'm not willing to do myself.

Time to start cleaning up my own messes!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That was my thought this morning as well! During the stint that my hubby is in rehab. I thought, "I'm going to use this time to become the woman, mother and wife that I've always wanted to be..."
Old 05-03-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

In good conscience I can't ask others to do what I'm not willing to do myself.
How true! This thought helped me too when I was trying to control my daughter's recovery (are you going to a meeting; why not; who are you going with; why aren't you reading your daily reading; if you don't go you'll blow 90 in 90...yada yada yada) I realized I sure as heck wasn't making a meeting a day...more like one a week. I wasn't using the phone list; I wasn't practicing the principles in all my affairs. It is humbling, and that is a good thing. Got that focus right back where it needed to be...off her and on me!

Hope you have a chance to get your house back as you like it. I know I always feel better when my surroundings feel comfie. Hugs