just for today

Old 06-30-2003, 11:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

just for today

Today went so much better than I expected.

I am so tired now though. I have to learn to remember this hungry/angry/lonely thing isn't just for alcoholics.

When I get tired I feel down. Defeated. And I tend to forget the good stuff.

Today I did well at work. I am still struggling with what to do with my job. I made my incentive today, and did it easily, though I dislike the little half-truths that we have to tell people all the time. But, I don't have to worry about that today.

My mind is racing ahead and to the past. Am working over past things and settling future stuff based on past and I know thats not the right thing to do.

Am kind of rambling. Today was a much better day. Am figuring its because I prayed last night so plan on doing that again today. I also figure I'm gonna like post here once or twice a week wether I have wonderful, heart renching stuff or not. Its time I stopped isolating and trying to stay to my ice castle.

Tomorrow is Canada Day. Am looking forward to it and remembering back to the Canada Day which was the first day he hit me. Mixed bag. Present. Is not Canada day just yet.

And am tired.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You sound like you are making

wonderful progress, one day at a time. I can get to feeling defeated when I am tired as well. And those are the moments that I most likely forget the good stuff.
And in case you didn't know, I am your neighbor in "Ice Castle Estates". Let's have a bonfire and melt down the walls. (I'll bring marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers...we'll have S'mores.)
Sleep and good rest is a wonderful thing. The world looks so much more inviting when you aren't struggling to keep both eyes open at once.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 07-02-2003, 04:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Taira

The past is the past and we can only learn from it and move forward. Someone here once had a signature that read "Don't look back - you're not going there", and it really stuck with me.

Like you, I welcome today, I cherish it, live in it and squeeze every ounce of good out of it that I can, and I let tomorrow bring it's own gifts when it comes.

Thank you for the strength and courage you share here.