all prayers needed

Old 04-30-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

all prayers needed

Please pray for my AD and her children and me. Things have gotten so much worse. AD has left her children with their aunt, and she and ADBF are living in a motel room. She is calling me for food. Which I am not going to provide. Am I wrong. I am thinking that if I provide food it will keep her from hitting bottom faster. When she calls it is all lies. I do not put up with her abuse of me and she get madder. I have stoped answering the phone. Now the aunt is calling me and laying a guilt trip about the kids. I do everything I can, but due to my health I can't take anymore. When will the madness end? So, please pray for all of us.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers coming your way
I am so sorry to see y'all in this situation.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Queen of Leesburg

Prayers for all of you heading out from jersey. i feel so sorry for her kids. i'm sure you do, too. ugh.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Painter)))

Big hugs and prayers coming your way.

I know that when I was using, food was a very low priority for me. This is just MY opinion, but if she and her bf have money for a motel room and to keep using, they have money for food...they are just not buying it. There are also food banks and shelters that feed people, usually even in very small towns.

As far as her kids, don't feel guilty for standing up for yourself. Thought it's great when the parents here can help their grandchildren, sometimes it is simply not possible.

Take care of yourself, and stick to your boundaries. I will keep you all in my prayers!

Amy
Old 04-30-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Prayers on their way...
Old 04-30-2008, 07:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It is truly shameful to me that the aunt is giving YOU grief over the fact that the children's mother and boyfriend aren't providing for them, Painter. Think about that for just a moment. Where is this woman getting the idea that those children are YOUR responsibility and not the parents? Keep your phone off the hook, sweetie. This could be the night for your daughter to feel all the pain of putting her drugs before her children. The aunt will soon be pointing the finger in the right direction when YOU aren't the one coming to the rescue. You aren't causing ANY of this. Step away from the addict and let her feel the total consequences of her actions. I'm sending mega prayers for YOU tonight to trust in your HP that letting them all own their own consequences is what He has planned. You need to take care of you right now, especially if your health isn't good. Please make that your number one priority. You can't save the world tonight, but you can let go and save yourself. Hugs, Painter!
Old 04-30-2008, 08:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

((((((((((((Painter)))))))))))))))

It was said just last night at my meeting that it's very sad when we see the addicted/alcoholic person JUST ABOUT to reach their bottom, and then some well-meaning person waltzes in and scoops (enables) them up, right before they hit their bottom.

No scooping, Painter, no scooping. The only way she'll learn to become a responsible adult is by having to live like one and face the consequences if she doesn't. Take away the consequences and why should she change?

Hugs and prayers for all of your family, especially you!

Hangin' In
Old 04-30-2008, 08:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Prayers for all, that the madness ends soon and with the best possible outcome.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((painter)))

Please remember to take care of yourself, however you need to. Otherwise you know what happens, we get sick and are of no good to anyone. Try not to let others judgements or expectations bother you.
Prayers for you and your family.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there. It's hard to let them fall, especially when they are our babies, but it sounds like you need to detach for your own health. Maybe stop answering the aunt's calls too. Unplug for a while?

:ghug2
Old 04-30-2008, 10:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((((Painter))))

I am praying for you tonght and for your daughter and her children and aunt. Please take care of yourself- don't worry yourself sick over her. You can't control her or fix this for her- all you can do is take care of you.

Hugs and prayers,
Old 04-30-2008, 10:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Don't you go and feel guilty for the necessary boundaries that you have in place.
You have to take care of yourself and do what you have to do to keep as much of
the chaos at bay.
Just let those grandbabies know they are loved.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((((Painter))))))))))))

I'm sorry for the pain and anguish your daughter is causing
everyone who loves her.
Rock bottom doesn't seem close enough, does it?
You keep doing what you need to do for you.
I'm so sorry for her children, too.
I take it the aunt is the children's father's sister? Right?
The abf is the father?
Take care and stay strong,

Old 05-01-2008, 02:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers go out too, Painter, it's between them and God now and you have done the right thing.

You are wise to not answer their calls. WE are not the solution, and if we try to be then they never find the better solution called "recovery".

Please take good care of yourself, I know how wearing this all can be.

Hugs
Old 05-01-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Please don't feel guilty. I would not provide her food, if she can source out drugs she can source out food. There are shelters, food banks, and soup kitchens. I have come to learn as the mother of an AS most times there looking for money instead of food. You should feel very good about the boundaries you have set. So sad but true the less we help them the faster they hit bottom. Sending prayers to you and your family ((( hugs)))
Old 05-01-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your family ... Especially the children ...
Old 05-01-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

((((Painter))))

I know how hard this is for you. I always said I would never make food or medical a boundary for me. I had to rethink this one because when my daughter was living in LA and very deep in addiction she would call me and tell me how badly she needed food.
Of course what kind of a mother would I be if I denied her food. So, a bad idea I would send her a little money for food. Well, when she finally did hit bottom and come back to PA. she was skin and bones. I guess she never used the money for food, but she pulled at my heartstrings and I couldn't do it. She did admit to me after she started to get well that the drugs were much more important than food and she ate very little.

So I was helping her to buy her drugs and not her food. Now, don't get me wrong, Painter, I had that in the back of my mind all of the time but I just let my heart rule my head.

She will find food if she wants to eat. Prayers are coming your way that God will raise her bottom.

Take care............Lo
Old 05-01-2008, 08:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

(((painter)))

I will pray for you, your daughter and your grandbabies. I am sorry that you are hurting right now but I agree that you are doing the right thing. I can't tell you how many times I have given my AH money to go buy his stuff back at the pawn shop and he RARELY returned with the item I gave him money for, it was always used for more drugs.

I do not have children so I don't know how you feel but you have my deepest sympathy, I pray and hope that your daughter hits her bottom soon.

I agree, don't answer the phone! Go get a manicure or a pedicure or go see a movie. Do something YOU like to do.

Take care of you,

Daisy
Old 05-01-2008, 09:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

agree w/ all the above, let her fall! If in doubt, read the sticky again.
you are in my prayers, I do understand,
susan
Old 05-01-2008, 06:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you all SO>>>>>>>>much. I am not answering the phone. I have to take care of ME! I thought that sounded so selfish. But like you said if I don't who will. And then how will I do the rest of my life? I am trying to divert my attention to other things. Hard, but trying. What would I do if I didn't have you wonderful friends to dump on , and get such wonderful feedback. God bless you all for being here. Love you all. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!