Finally Her Hearing

Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally Her Hearing

Well as some of you have known about my daughter's run in with the law last June she has had a hearing pending. It kept being delayed for various reasons. Well, she finally had it. It turned out pretty good for her. Last June she went to jail with paraphanallia charges. She spent 8 days in jail.
Well these things seem to drag on forever. Long story short, she ended up getting only misdemeanor charges, a $600. fine for court costs, and 6 months probation. So she did find out that she will have a female PO and she will be randomly drug tested.

She told me the female judge was really nice to her.(I didn't go into court, I didn't want to hear it or see it). She told me that she was impressed with the fact that she is working 2 jobs and has applied for school. She said it sounds like she is making progress.
She said when the judge asks her if she had anything to say, she said she apologized to the court and her family. She then wished her luck and told her she could go.

I told her I would not pay her fines. They will send her a payment book and she can make payments. She didn't ask me to pay, I think she already knew my answer.

Just wanted to give you the update.

Lo
Old 04-30-2008, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Here's to hoping she makes the next six months a solid foundation for the future!
Old 04-30-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

She is on a good path. Here are prayers that she continues. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-30-2008, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((Lobo))))))))

Continuing prayers for you both.
Miss ya and love ya, too.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Lobo)))

Well, my gut reaction is this is a GOOD thing. She just got reinforcement that doing good has good consequences. It's one thing to regain the trust of your family/friends, and I am, by NO means saying that isn't important. It's another thing, though, when you stand before a judge and the judge is impressed with the way you're living your life.

The fact that my PO is so very supportive and proud of me, gives me a bit more self-confidence, and motivates me to keep on the path of recovery. I am STILL facing consequences of my conviction...I can't get an apt. anywhere in Atlanta. I'm going through a lawyer to get off probation and hopefully get my charges expunged, but I'm really glad your daughter won't have to go through all this.

It sounds like you both are making good progress.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-30-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

I think ALL of this is good news....about your daughter AND you.

Looks like your girl is learning and I know you have. I see progress and I'm proud of both of you. Yeah, yeah, I know....hasn't been easy, but it sure beats the other way we lived, right?

Hugs and prayers for many more good days for both of you,
Hangin' In
Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Amy,
I hope Jen gets a PO that will encourage and motivate her. She hasn't met her yet, but she has talked to her on the phone. I'm not sure if this will go on a record for her or not.
I'm hoping since it was a misdemeanor that it won't. She have to ask her PO about that.

You sound so good Amy. It just makes me smile for you.

I forgot to tell you another thing that happened in court.

Judge..........What are you, a drug addict?
Jen.............I don't consider myself one anymore, I have been off of drugs for 9 months and I feel like I am reforming.
Judge..........You may go, keep up the good work.

She said it felt so good to say that. Everyday clean builds self esteem.

Hangin'

Yes, I am doing better. Live and learn. I still take one day at a time. We are both learning. Things will get better when she can get her own place. At this point I am giving her the time she needs to build her life as long as she respects my boundaries.

Love and hugs back atcha.........Lo
Old 05-01-2008, 08:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of my friends for your prayers and support.

Hugs...........Lo