Notices

New to forum

Old 04-29-2008, 01:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy New to forum

Hi Everyone

I am new to this site and I have a few questions. First of all to make a very long story short, my addiction started in a very simple way. Five years ago, my doctor prescribed me Percocet for a sports injury. I have never taken any type of pain medication or any recreational drub before this. I was going through some personal problems at the time my doctor prescribed the Percocet. So when I started taking them, all my problems vanished. The Percocets led to Oxycontin and the Oxy led to Actiq (which is Fentanyl and is only supposed to be given to terminal cancer patients!!) I snorted at least 600mg of Oxy a day before switching to Fentanyl. Actiq comes as suckers in doses ranging from 200mcg to 1600mcg. I was taking at least 6 1600mcg suckers a day!! Needless to say, my doctor was known as the drug doctor and she lost her license about 2 months ago for prescribing Actiq to non-cancer patients.

I ended up in rehab and after 2 weeks I was clean. However, I had to have emergency surgery last month. I was in the hospital for a week and they were giving me injections of Dilaudid for pain. When I was discharged, I was sent home with Percocet. Needless to say, my drug habit has resurfaced again.

I live in Cleveland, Ohio and I am looking for a doctor that is licensed to prescribe Suboxone. The soonest I can get in to see a doctor is June 1st. I don't know what to do because my Percocets are almost gone and it is only April 29th. As soon as I can get in to see my Suboxone doctor is June 15th.

If anyone lives in Ohio and knows of any doctors that are accepting new Subone patients, please let me know. I really appreciate any comments on what I can do.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Pantera,

Welcome to SoberRecovery, you are in the right place!

I found this link Directory of Suboxone Treatment for Opiate Heroin Withdrawal Detox - Ohio : Canterbury Institute

If they are not exactly what you are looking for, you should call them and ask them for a reference to a doctor that can prescribe you suboxone. They will most likely give you one.

Good luck!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Another place you can check is naabt.org and ask OhioMike,,

Tattoo Tommy