I Feel Like an Idiot!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wanting a new life

I Feel Like an Idiot!!!

So I relapsed and got back with my ABF and this time I even let him move in with me. For awhile things were going really well...he got a job and was staying away from the drugs. I had a really positive outlook on our relationship this time and I felt like he was trying. A few days ago he came home and was acting really strange and I just knew he had taken pills. He said he just took "a few" xanax because he was stressed, but I'm pretty sure it was oc's. Anyway- we had plans to meet some friends out for some drinks so we went and the whole time he could barely keep his eyes open. When we got home I went to sleep because I was irritated, but he had some friends over and stayed up for awhile. The next morning I woke up before he did and in the kitchen sink there was an ATM receipt...normally I would have just thrown it away but something told me to look at it closer. I realized it was a receipt from my ATM and someone had withdrawn $120.00 from my account at 3:30 in the morning. Well I know I was sleeping at that time and I'm pretty sure I would remember going to the ATM. So I wake him up and ask him about it, but he denies it (of course). I never leave my PIN number anywhere it can be found so the only way he would know it is if he watched me punch it in at the ATM. My purse was in the bedroom with me all night and he must have came in while I was sleeping and taken the card to go get money and then put it back before I woke up. I guess he thinks I'm stupid enough not to notice $120 missing from my account. We ended up getting in a huge fight, but he never once would admit that he did it. Needless to say I'm going to the bank today to dispute the withdrawal and close the account. He has never, ever stolen anything from me until now. I feel so betrayed by him...it's a really horrible feeling. I was sobbing all morning because I was so upset and he just sat there saying he didn't do it. I can't believe I trusted him and believed in him yet again.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

((((((Nikki))))) Many of us have been there, and many of us have lost more than that. Addicts/alcoholics) are devious when it comes to getting their DOC. Look how many have ended up in prison over thefts of all kinds.

After you get your bank business done, it's time to figure out what is best for you. Hopefully, you will use SR..........................................many minds can be better than one, especially when those minds have been where you are now.

Please remember you are NOT and idiot. You are a COMPASSIONATE CARING Human Being who was 'willing' to give someone you cared about, another chance. Well, he blew it, so now it comes down to what is best for YOU?

Have you tried Alanon? It has worked very well for many of us. Check it out, at least 6 meetings, and see if you see some light at the end of the tunnel.

You could also get Melodie Beattles "Codependent No More." It's available at many bookstores and at Amazon.com. It is a wonderful book, and seems over the ages as it is read and re-read by an individual fit whatever is going on at the moment.

Please come here as often as you need to, and rant, rave, scream, cry, and laugh. We do care!

Love and hugs,
Old 04-29-2008, 04:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

If he is not sober, mature, responsible and a man to respect, what are you doing with him? This too shall pass sweetie. Dust yourself off and be the strong capable woman that you are to live independently until he is the mate for you or someone else is.