At another crossroad

Old 04-27-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

At another crossroad

Okay for those who know me, my lease is up in July and allthough I'm working things are very tight and it is hard to make rent every month.
Mom and Dad seem to need me more and more, as I need them (they watch the boys when I'm at work) I know that moving in with them is a Good option, I could make sure that they eat properly and take their meds everyday, because they just don't seem to do it. I clean for them do laundry bathe mom, ect, all this and take care of my home as well. It is taking a toll on me.
If I move in with Mom & Dad My daughter would have to get a appartment, she will be 18 in July, I think she is okay with this because we have talked about it, I don't think I'm okay with it.
Here is the kicker, my brother is a alkie and lives with my parents. I don't want to put my boys in a home with that, after all I got rid of their Dad for that reason(among others)
What to do, what to do?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

It sounds like you are over a barrel. I can understand you not wanting your sons to be around your brother. Just take it easy. You have a good head on your shoulders and you will figure this out.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey there Kermie (((( hugs )))))

I'm glad you stopped by, I love to hear from you

Lesee, I hear several different things going on, but you say them all at once so they get scrambled up.

1- You need a little help with bills (don't we all?)
2- You need a little help taking care of your folks.
3- Your daughter is growing up and is ready to be doing some more adult things.
4- Your bro is an alkie and living with your folks.

Then I hear you saying you have only one choice, and that is to move in with your parents. The way I work my recovery is I look for lots and lots of choices, and then I examine them one at a time.

What other things can you do to help with bills?

- get a better job.
- have your 18 yr old start being more adult by getting a part time job and helping with the rent.
- shop around and find a cheaper place.

What other things can you do to help with your folks?

- see if there are any services that will do home visits to make sure they eat properly. Here in Vegas there is "meals on wheels".
- if your brother is an alkie, and your folks can take care of their own meals and meds, then is he a danger to them? Is he stealing from them? It sounds like your parents would not be able to protect himself from him when he is drunk, so then another option is to report him as a danger to your parents and have him thrown out.

Lots and lots of ideas. I get 'em from meets of al-anon, where I hear how other people deal with all the challenges in their lives. Ask around meets of al-anon, I bet they can come up with lots more ideas, and they can tell you about services that are available in your area.

Whadya think?

Mike
Old 04-27-2008, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Well, my daughter does have a job and pays for her car,insurance, gas nad all the extra things she wants, better job, yes but I just graduated so I'm at the bottom pay right now, my brother, yes he does still from them, but he has never hurt them and If i take steps to get him thrown out of the house, well my father may dis own me. I will look into meals on wheels that is a great idea. As far as a cheeper palce, things are so expensive here that even a one bed appt is as much as I pay for this house.And I figure if my daughter moved out she would need more help so ther is no use in moving her out.
I know the best thing is to keep, keeping on. I have decided to call my social worker to see if I can get other help besides food stamps. A good garage sale may help too.
I have a hard time asking for help but I will try and open my mouth tonight at my meeting.
Thanks Mike, you always help.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

That sounds like a tough one. I think giving it over to God or your HP and praying a lot about it will bring you some clarity.

I know if it were me I'd have a hard time living with an A brother. That could add a lot of stress to your life and to your kids lives.

Thinking of you...