really hearing

Old 04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

really hearing

Recovery has helped me find a terrific connection with my HP. But when something is particularly weighing on my mind; when I am choosing not to decide because I am still seeking guidance form my HP, I still struggle with knowing when he is leading me to a decision. Sometimes things just happen and I know in retrospect. But sometimes I really am looking for a clear sign; certainty that what I "hear" is not my will, but my HP's.

This week my daughter has struggled...not with addiction, other things, heartbreaking things and I hate to see her so sad. I was pulling out every tool I had to make sure I didn't relapse myself...being an ear to listen, a shoulder to lean on, but not a mouth to spout off advice. All good, and she is finding her way through...still hurting, but growing too.

I had a chance to take an action which may have made some small difference in how things played out...or may not have. I told myself to let it rest a day and not make any decision...just pray for guidance. Certain things seemed to be occurring to lead me towards taking action (which surprised me; logically applying my tools made me think, no probably not) I was almost to the point of taking action when out of the blue as I was just getting ready for work, not consciously thinking of the situation at all, a thought entered my mind...I almost heard it..."Are you crazy? Why aren't you trusting me to take care of this with her? Knock it off!"

My HP, I believe has a huuuuugggge skillet and knows when to use it!

:ghug
Old 04-26-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, Greet! That is amazing. I sometimes forget who is in charge also. I mean, I know it and I can tell someone else all about how I believe this or that, but in my own life I just forget-LOL. Thanks for the reminder to keep alert to the truth, to step away and let Him do his work, and to have faith.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My HP sometimes whispers but most of the time he plants a sign in front of me 10 feet high with neon lights and sound that would knock your socks off...and I still don't get it. :chatter

Like you, taking quiet time and letting go of the urgency, usually brings me my answer faster than anything else.

Glad you're listening to HP, Greet.

Hugs
Old 04-26-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

This is an awesome post, Greet. I have struggled in the past with knowing what (if anything) my HP is telling me. It's usually a gentle feeling... but sometimes it's a smack upside the head.

I think you did well.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is great. Just talking about this with a friend tonight.

It's so hard to remember, faith, patience, etc.

There have been many times my HP has used all of you as my skillet! I remember one particularly, a post when I thought I was talking about one thing, but everyone answered talking about something else. I remember at the time thinking, can't they read? And then I reread my post, and you know - I saw what they saw then - had no idea that's what I had really written about! Hmmmmm wonder who did the "writing"? Big skillet moment for me and needed at the time!

Thanks - you are shining!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

((((((((((greet))))))))

Thanks for sharing this.

Sometimes doing nothing IS a decision. And sometimes its the hardest decision of all. Its so hard sometimes not to just jump right in there and try to make it all better.
Its amazing how 'sleeping on' the problem can give us clarity. I guess it just gives our HP time to get thru to us...

Hugs my friend...
Old 04-27-2008, 05:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Greet))

This speaks volumes to your recovery and your relationship with HP. Sometimes doing nothing can be the hardest choice of all.

This post made me feel good this morning, reminds me that things are just what they are supposed to be.

Hugs
B
Old 04-27-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((Greet)))))))

Thanks for the reminder.
I struggle with waiting for a "sign" from HP sometimes, as well.
Recently, hubby and I decided we need to eat better, exercise,
and really start thinking about each other and our time together.
Walking is such a great way to let go and really "listen" to the
reminder, "Even though you are planning your course...I am
determining your step".
I love ya, Greet.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Hey (((((greeteachday)))))

IMO you are one of the wisest people here. I want to be just like you when I grow up!!