My Decision...

Old 04-26-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Decision...

So, I've been doing some thinking & I have decided on this:

For the past 5 yrs I have been so devoted to my children & most of all, to helping (or trying to) help my AH & make him happy, that I had been putting myself last. My children always come 1st no matter what, but it's about time I start doing something for ME too!

I've started working which was something my AH didn't want me doing before. I am LOVING that! I've always wanted a nice, dark summer tan but my AH always said that he didn't like women with tans (Yea right! So, why does he go tanning! Uh huh!) I am going to buy my 1st membership to a tanning salon & have fun with it this year! (I have exzema & the lamps will help w/that too) And finally, I am getting my hair cut. Nothing drastic! I have very thick, very wavy, blonde hair down to my waist & could NEVER cut it short! (I love it way too much!) But I do want to get a little trim & have it styled in the front. Something cute! I was thinking of getting my nails done too since that's something I've NEVER done before, but with 2 small kids I'm pretty sure that wouldn't last long at all! Lol!

Becky
Old 04-26-2008, 07:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

YOU go girl!! Thats great to hear!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A mani/pedi can do wonders for anyone's outlook. JMO. Enjoy!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love it! When I was in a very depressed time in my life, completely codependent and divorcing an alcoholic husband, it was my daughter and best friend who "helped" me to treat myself like a lady and do hair, nails, and dress in clothes that actually fit. I didn't see the point at the time, but followed their plan like a "good girl" and lo and behold, it did wonders for my mental health and self-esteem.

I'm so proud of you, Confused, and impressed in your POWER to do these special things for yourself
Old 04-26-2008, 08:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

I totally agree with you i4 and peaceteach. Taking care of yourself on the outside sometimes makes you feel beautiful on the inside!

If I had more money I'd be in the spa all the time!! I love facials, massages, and tanning is very relaxing and helps with depression if it's cold and gloomy out.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

FABULOUS! thanks for sharing. it's inspiring!

Old 04-26-2008, 10:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That is great! I'm proud of you too! I know how hard it is to try and put any kind of focus on yourself. I am going through the same thing right now.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You enjoy, where is it written that you can't be girly after having kids.

I prefer to fake the tan, but it's amazing how mood enhancing a few squirts of St Tropez can be :-)
Old 04-27-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Last year, I bought the bottle stuff for the 1st time & it worked pretty good but when it started to fade, it got splotchy. I think this year, I'd rather have the real thing.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Some are rubbish and smell pretty disgusting too, I've had pretty good results with Fake Bake mousse and St Tropez, I buy either one if it's on an offer cause I'm cheap as well as fake :-)
Old 04-27-2008, 12:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yea, I'm cheap too. Lol! I tried Banana Boat lotion which was the dark one. It worked with one application. I forget what the other one was, but it was noticable after 2 or 3 applications. The gradual one faded evenly but fast if you didn't keep using it.