Notices

back at day 1

Old 04-23-2008, 04:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back at day 1

hello all,

Well I am back. I had about 60 days back in January, but i blew it. Its been hell this past 3 months. My tolerance has now gone up and I am drinking scary amounts. I tried talking to my doctor to get on some meds for this but she wouldn't prescribe them. I just don't know what to do. I know AA is there and I might try that. I know this site really helped alot last time.

Anyway, I am in a really bad place right now and I really feel like I need friends.

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Jes,

Thanks for your post. I'm back at day 1 too, trying to pick up the pieces (again)...

Thanks for sharing

PB
Old 04-23-2008, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Welcome back Jess

I know that relapses kick one's butt, I should know, the Nurses' at the hospital where I would have to keep going when I was out there using nicknamed me The Queen of Relapse.

I am no longer that person.

It took me many attempts to finally "get it"

I suggest looking at what you were doing and weren't doing back in Jan. and make the necessary changes.

You mentioned AA, I think that would be one of the best things you can do for yourself right now.

Just take things One Day at a Time, Keep it Simple and remember, This Too Shall Pass.

Glad you made it back and hope you'll stick around and let the miracle work for you.

God Bless,
Judy

Old 04-23-2008, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Need friends? You've got them here. Just start over. You've done this before, you can do it again. Just don't drink today. TAke it one day at a time, again, and you can succeed. Keep coming back!:ghug3
Old 04-23-2008, 06:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
believer

We're here for you
Old 04-23-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support. I am off to an appointment. I will most definately be back on later. I may stop by a noon meeting as well.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Anyway, I am in a really bad place right now and I really feel like I need friends.
I was in that place you are in now and found everything I needed in AA. SR I have found to be an excellent supplement to AA. I credit the program of AA with saving my life resulting in me being happier then I have been in over 30 years.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back Jes.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Let go, let God.

Welcome Jes.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I was back at one on monday so you get company
Old 04-23-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Jes,

AA has been a wonderful program for me and every time that I walk into that room, I feel welcomed with understanding and support. I think the key to helping yourself with AA is finding a group that really clicks with you. If the first group doesn't, try another. I know you can do this. Please be gentle to yourself and keep trying.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support. I am trying to stop beating myself up....but you all know how that goes. I plan on heading to the young people's meeting here and then maybe treat myself to some chinese buffet (the BEST FOOD EVER!). I have spent most of the day thinking of what my plan is. Last time I didn't have a plan and just didn't drink. I have decided to use AA as a good social support while working with a counselor on my issues (sorry I just can't fathom doing this with someone who isn't qualified as a professional).

Hope everyone has a decent (sober) evening.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

a.a

My A.A. group really helps, it meets during my old "drinking time". find one that has meetings when you are most likely or apt to drink if possible .
I only have seven days sober , but that seven more days than iv'e had in 15 years.