Language of Letting Go - April 21 - Waiting

Old 04-21-2008, 01:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - April 21 - Waiting

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Waiting

Wait. If the time is not right, the way is not clear, the answer or decision not consistent, wait.

We may feel a sense of urgency. We may want to resolve the issue by doing something - anything now, but that action is not in our best interest.

Living with confusion or unsolved problems is difficult. It is easier to resolve things. But making a decision too soon, doing something before it's time, means we may have to go back and redo it.

If the time is not right, wait. If the way is not clear, do not plunge forward. If the answer or decision feels muddy, wait.

In this new way of life, there is a Guiding Force. We do not ever have to move too soon or move out of harmony. Waiting is an action - a positive, forceful action.

Often, waiting is a God-guided action, one with as much power as a decision, and more power than an urgent, ill-timed decision.

We do not have to pressure ourselves by insisting that we do or know something before it's time. When it is time, we will know. We will move into that time naturally and harmoniously. We will have peace and consistency. We will feel empowered in a way we do not feel today.

Deal with the panic, the urgency, and the fear; do not let them control or dictate decisions.

Waiting isn't easy. It isn't fun. But waiting is often necessary to get what we want. It is not dead time; it is not downtime. The answer will come. The power will come. The time will come. And it will be right.

Today, I will wait, if waiting is the action I need in order to take care of myself. I will know that I am taking a positive, forceful action by waiting until the time is right. God, help me let go of my fear, urgency, and panic. Help me learn the art of waiting until the time is right. Help me learn timing.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Deal with the panic, the urgency, and the fear; do not let them control or dictate decisions.

Waiting isn't easy. It isn't fun. But waiting is often necessary to get what we want. It is not dead time; it is not downtime. The answer will come. The power will come. The time will come. And it will be right.
Ah, the adrenaline! I swear I used to live on adrenaline and when it stopped I was exhausted.

Recovery taught me the valuable lesson of patience, of waiting until the time was right. How did I know when that was? I just knew, when I was ready the answer came.

"Waiting" is an action when done deliberately as an act of patience and trust that the answer would come.

"Waiting" helped me go from being a "reaction" to the problem to being a "deliberate action" in the solution.

Waiting is good.

Hugs
Old 04-21-2008, 02:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you!

Oh Ann... Thank you so much... another of those little "conindidences" that just never cease to amaze me. I am going through a very rough time right now. This weekend, I made the decision that I was going to wait it out a bit. I have been moving, moving....trying to get through. I feel like perhaps I am moving too fast and I am not sure I am going to do what is best for me. So, I decided that the safest, sanest route was to sit quietly and not make any decisions right now, since I was unsure of what the right decision might be! Then, this morning.... your post!

I thank God that I found SR. May not be right for everyone, but sure has helped me. Thank you again... I am off to begin my day... already did actually and I already feel stronger this morning... as I wait!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My angel sponsor used to tell me :

"Don't just do something, SIT there!" I was always in perpetual motion....doing doing doing instead of allowing myself to feel, and more importantly allowing my HP to lead me gently in a new direction.

As always, Ann - thanks for sharing these every day. I may not always comment, but I always learn something and I always appreciate you for posting them.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

relate

Boy, this hits home! I was on the verge of taking action into my own hands. I took it to the Lord, and had on overwhelming feeling to stop, WAIT. And two days later I heard from my daughter we had a talk. Not all that I wanted to hear but some satisfaction. Gives me chills that He IS IN CHARGE! Happy that I don't have to be.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I too have been in such a hurry all these months, a hurry to learn and get all this done and taken care of the best way. It wasn't meant to be that way, my HP had a plan for me and my learning, and it was on HP-time, not my-time.

As the months have gone forward, I have gained knowledge, strength and self-assurance. Each day of "waiting" has been a day of growing. Today I am able to know that while I must keep moving forward, or be ready to move on to the next step, my movement will be guided as to the speed and where that next step is, I just have to be tuned in.

Today I needed this reminder, I could feel myself starting to gear up - to plow into what, I'm not exactly sure, but I could feel the *need for speed*. I am taking a step back and a deep breath.

Thanks Anne!
Old 04-21-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Each day of "waiting" has been a day of growing.

Beautiful, CW and so very, very true. Thanks for putting it so eloquently.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ann...its me Moostang Rita...it's been a long time since I came here and posted. I stop by and read things now and then and as always I believe everything happens for a reason...i know in my heart tonight was one of those nights I didn't hapen here by chance..there was a reason I came here tonight...I needed to read to these ewords you posted....I can't say much more or the tears will come....but I want you to know Ann you touch people with the love you show. I've never forgotten how much your owrds have helped me over the years...they still do!!

Much love,
Rita
Old 04-22-2008, 12:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Good message.
In the last yr. I finally understood how important waiting is.
Things happen just as they should without being forced.
" There is a Guiding Force. We do not ever have to move too soon or move out of harmony. Waiting is an action - a positive, forceful action. "

I do find harmony when I slow down and don't react.