update on j.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update on j.

it has been a week & 2days since i last talked to j. that was the nite before court. i waited 6 days before i ask what happened in court. it took that long to ask mr. hope. Mr. hope thought someone else had told me & i was just not talking about it. i had 2 days off in a row & decided it was time to know. i am numb & have been numb since that lawyer told him he would be tried as habitual the day before court after promising he would not be. he went to court & the lawyer again told him he was being tried as habitual. mr. hope said the lawyer put his hand on his shoulder to "guide" him into the court room & j. told him he had to go smoke a cigarette. he left the court house & never went back. i am scared for my son.5 yrs. ago he hung himself in jail.when they found him he had no heartbeat & little pluse. he says he is not doing this time in prison. he is habitual for "eluding".he will get more time than the guy served for murdering (shooting) j.'s wife.i am beside my self. i am scared for my son. i know i have no power & there is nothing i can do.he promised mr. hope he would keep in touch but we have heard nothing. please say a prayer for my son. please do not stop.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

OH hope. I am so sorry. If you close your eyes for a minute, you will begin to feel the love and support that all of us are sending your way. It will wash over you like a warm, gentle breeze. Wrap your arms around yourself and feel the hugs we are sending your way.

J is on his own journey with his HP. Prayers for him that he will find his way.

Love and Hugs
Barb
Old 04-17-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So sorry your going through this. Sending hugs an prayers.:praying:praying
Old 04-17-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Awwwww Hope,
I am sooo sorry for you right now. I know that there aren't any words but please know that we are here for you and I will pray for his safe return. Praying that he will at some point connect with you and let you know that he is okay.

God bless............Lo
Old 04-17-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

(((((hope231)))))

I am so sorry this happened. Of course I will be remembering you and your family in my prayers.

It seems there is no end to the damage that addiction does. I have a brother who is getting ready to go down for 20 years because he is a habitual offender. He seems pretty resigned saying it is his "retirement program" at his age he will be an old man if he lives 20 more years.

I know it would be hard for him to turn himself in. I think these laws they have need to be radically reformed it is not right that sick people get treated like this.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:praying
susan
Old 04-17-2008, 10:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My thoughts and love are with you. This is the awfully tough part of "letting go and letting God". So very scarey!!

My son started recovery at 15 years old and had 3 years - 25 years later he is back and has 9 months. There is always hope.

Thank heavens for my Alanon friends that told me I could be ok whether or not he found recovery. Was it easy - no. Is it possible - yes.

Hang in - you will find peace and serenity no matter what.

Jody
Old 04-17-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. It has to be so hard for this to happen to your son. I think you will remember I went through this last fall with AH. SR held my hand all the way. After over a month on the run-they got him.-because he was ready. He was facing 40-life-got 10 and will be home after the 1st 2009. He is doing a 6 month in prison "new rehab" and says it is the best thing that ever happened to him-never offerred before. Waiting list was 2 yrs and he fought on his own to get in. I my be wrong-but I believe he was truly ready to change. At 48 he is growing up. You know they have to walk that road all by themselves.

The drug laws do need to change somehow, maybe some day.

Many prayers for your son and your family.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You and your son will remain in my prayers...

I am so sorry for the pain I know you are feeling...

(((Blessings)))
Old 04-17-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I read your post earlier and have thought about it ever since. Like some of the others, I wish our judicial system would reform the drug laws!

I'm praying for his and your serenity and that he's running towards life, a sober one. I'm praying that he'll find a way to stay in touch with you without compromising you.

Godspeed to both of you.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yikes. That sucks. I really do like what Chino said. That's kind of how I try to look at it when it comes to my ex. The more he slips, the closer he is to the bottom and right now, I'd rather he spend the rest of his life in jail then out on the streets doing dope. It's in your HP hands... I'm praying you have the strength to survive whatever your son's choices are...
Old 04-17-2008, 02:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awww, Hope, I'm so sorry all this is happening. As strong as your recovery is, I know this must shake you.

I'm sending big prayers for j, and let's both remember that God loves all His children, including His addicted ones.

I wish I was there to give you a big hug in person, but please know that you and Mr. Hope and little j will all be in my thoughts and prayers as well as you son j.

Hugs
Old 04-17-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Prayers for you, Hope and your family......
Old 04-17-2008, 05:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

--for all of you,

rica
Old 04-17-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for you, Mr. Hope and J.
Like the others have said, remember you guys are in our daily prayers.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Hope, sweetie. I'm so sorry. I'm keeping you and your family in
my prayers. Special prayers for J. I'm sorry he thought it best to
run. Panic sets in....
My own son has done stupid things like that in the throes of panic.

Love to you,
Linda
Old 04-17-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

you really do not know how much your replys & prayers mean to me.i am strong in my recovery but it does not change the fact that i love my son & have that nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach.my blood pressure is high & i try hard to stay away from the what ifs. as someone said on here,keep him in your heart & not in your head & that is what i try to do.here in this state you do 80% of the time handed down to you. i thank you all for the prayers being said for him & his family. i have not told little j. any of this. there is no need for him to know at this point.withuot all of you i could not get thru this.i do not talk with any one about him.i really appreciate all of you.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hope -

sending up prayers and sending out love to you and your family. None of this is fair - it just is so scary for you I know.

Just wanted to let you know that I care.

Love, Donna
Old 04-17-2008, 06:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((((hope))))
We're all praying for your family. Please don't forget to take care of yourself, ok?
Hang in there hope, trust your hp is helping your son find his way.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hope,
I am so glad that you have a place to come and share when you can't talk about him anywhere else. A place not to be judged but just to be supported and loved through it all. Stay with us sweetie, you are in my daily thoughts.

Luv........Lo