Language of Letting Go - April 12

Old 04-12-2008, 02:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - April 12

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Letting Go of Fear

Picture yourself swimming floating - peacefully down a gentle stream. All you need to do is breathe, relax, and go with the flow.

Suddenly, you become conscious of your situation. Frightened, overwhelmed with "what if's?" your body tenses. You begin to thrash around, frantically looking for something to grab on to.

You panic so hard you start to go under. Then you remember - you're working too hard at this. You don't need to panic. All you need to do is breathe, relax, and go with the flow. You won't drown.

Panic is our great enemy.

We don't need to become desperate. If overwhelming problems appear in our life, we need to stop struggling. We can tread water for a bit, until our equilibrium returns. Then we can go back to floating peacefully down the gentle stream. It is our stream. It is a safe stream. Our course has been charted. All is well.

Today, I will relax, breathe, and go with the flow.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We don't need to become desperate. If overwhelming problems appear in our life, we need to stop struggling. We can tread water for a bit, until our equilibrium returns. Then we can go back to floating peacefully down the gentle stream. It is our stream. It is a safe stream. Our course has been charted. All is well.
For many many years I lived in fear, 24 hours a day. I have learned that the antidote to fear is faith and I am grateful today that faith will see me through troubled days.

Sometimes it is blind faith when I have no idea where I am being led, because hindsight has shown me that I am always being led to a better place than where I am.

When I take quiet moments to regain my balance, when I refuse to let the "what if's" take up rent-free space in my mind, and when I just pray and trust that life is unfolding exactly as it is supposed to...I can let go of fear and travel in faith. It's a much better way to live.

Hugs