he is on 18 months probation

Old 04-10-2008, 04:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
turning red!

he is on 18 months probation

Hello dear friends.

This morning was the big hearing day...
It was as the probation officer said: Rain got ordered to 18 months probation with one year in rehab.
Now, as far as i know, he should go to rehab after i give birth so that he can be there for the big day, but it depends on how well he is doing until then, i guess...
And today he's been doing VERY bad: he is currently sleeping (if we can call that sleeping - i have to check every other minutes to see if he's still breathing) and i found a serynge in the bathroom.
Seeing him like that, i'm actually pretty glad he'll go to rehab as at least i won't be worried he OD or where he is what he does etc.., and i'll be able to concentrate on our baby girl (and maybe i can even manage to save money!!)
It's pretty sad though...pretty pathetic
He was doing ok for the past 2 weeks but today he completely blew it.
And so much going on:
-we have to move flat in two weeks cos they raise the rent by +10% and no way i can afford it (the good news is we found a nice flat which is cheaper and more convenient)
- i am getting bigger and bigger and it starts to be tiring and i start to have swollen ankles/hands, which is very unconfortable
- we have to prepare baby's room and buy stuff

anyhow, i'm sure glad to be back to SR...

Hugs
Carine
Old 04-10-2008, 05:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think I have said this yet but congrats on the baby! Sorry to hear you are starting to feel uncomfortable.

It sounds like a year in rehab is a blessing, hopefully he takes this wonderful opportunity to get himself clean. It will also give you a break to enjoy your new little one and to only worry about yourself and your baby. I always feel the best when my AH is in rehab as silly as that sounds.

I will be praying for you,

Daisy
Old 04-10-2008, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey FUNK!!!! Its been a while!

Congrats on the baby girl!!!! I really hope Rain gets his crap together in this rehab. I hope that this is it for him!

I'll keep him in my prayers. You just make sure you keep on taking care of you and that little one your carrying.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Funk, take it easy pregnancy can take alot out of you.....................and stress during pregnancy is hard on the baby.

Hopefully Rain will get to rehab sooner than later, as much as you'd want him there for the big day.......each time he messes up he's taking the chance of not only missing the big day but he could die and not be in the baby girls life at all ever.

You, Rain and your baby will be in my thoughts and prayers
Old 04-10-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((Carine))))))))))

Have to agree, sweetie. The sooner he's in rehab, the more your able to
just focus on you and the new baby girl. Have you gotten a named picked out
for her yet? Ahhhh, to be able to give birth and choose a name that she will
carry and you can be proud of for the rest of your life...
Darn-it! I miss that. I was so busy workin' and separating/getting back together with their dad...I've lost alot of those great memories that babies give to mom. I miss my babies. lol
Those daggone swollen ankles and hands....I sure don't miss that.
As far as a new apartment for you all...glad you found something more afordable. I hope you have friends that can help with the moving. I hate moving. All the boxes...yuck!
You get yourself settled in and don't worry so much about preparing the baby's room. She won't care as long as she has a loving and calm mommy to hold her close. You stay calm, gf. We're here for ya and we love ya, too.
Linda
Old 04-10-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you are doing okay Carine...I agree, keep shifting that focus back to you and the baby. Try to picture calm and soothing places...Good for you and the little one too.
I can certainly understand feeling relieved that he will go to rehab. That time to let his mind clear and start to heal from the damage the heroin does may help motivate him to really want sobriety for real, no reservations. Hugs
Old 04-10-2008, 09:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Well I must say with all that stuff going on you sound pretty upbeat, good for you!!
have you decided on a name yet?
Old 04-11-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Funk, I know this has to be hard, but it sounds like a really good long term thing for Rain. And for you. Kinda like Book siad. There was so much going on with my AH at the time of our childs birth that somehow my brain has blocked much of that time out and I am really missing out on some of the memories that should have really stuck with me. Hopefully you will be in enough peace to cherish those times and make great memories for yourself. Take care of you!
Old 04-11-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
turning red!

Thanks my friends!

It is indeed hard to know i'll be on my own to raise our baby for a year, but at the end i think it'll definitely be worth it. I still haven't announce the news to my parents...I think they'll have a shock! (they know about Rain struggles but they don't know he's relapsed and been arrested and will be gone for a year - i guess no parents want to know their daughter alone with a newborn...) Anyway, my mum is coming mid-May for more than a month to help me. So glad she'll be there! I might ask her to stay longer than she expects after all (she lives in France and i live in HK, as for my dad he has just moved to Thailand!) I will also have to look for a nanny i guess...

To answer your question Rahsue, yes we've already chosen a name and it's Rain who came up with it: it will be Mia (easy enough for whole our international family to remember and pronounce, ahah)

Anyway thanks again all for your support. Today i'll have to start organizing my maternity bag!

Hugs
Carine

ps: yes it's been ages Laura and it's great to "see" you!! Hope you are great xoxo
Old 04-12-2008, 04:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Funk just know you will be fine and will be able to do this.

When you look at Mia's face and when your holding her in your arms... you will know that you will be able to do this everything thats needed from you. Because of the love you have for your child is no other type of love.

hugs,
Jewelz
Old 04-12-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Mia is a beautiful name. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-12-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

I use to know a Mia when I was a little girl. She lived down the road
and was really good at gymnastics. She taught me how to do my first back-bend. On a sloped hill is best. lol
D*mn! I wish I could still be that bend-y.

I'm so happy for you, Funk.