Notices

An Over Due Update!

Old 04-07-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thumbs up An Over Due Update!

Sorry I haven't been around as much here lately, but have been busy and of course taking care of me to the best of my ability.

Things have been going quite well though! I am now on 60mg of steroids which is great compared to what I was on, and my breathing is doing OK my oxygen level with my 4lt of oxygen remains around 94-96 which is good. I will probably have to remain on the oxygen the rest of my living days but that is all OK with me.

Also I have cut way back on my smoking! I am now down to anywhere from 13 cigs a day now which I am not using anything in between and the cravings are not bad the way that I am doing it. When I want a couple hits I just go take them and but the cig and than later go have the rest of whatever. Seems to be working out really well for me and I have noticed that I am breathing a little better also or at least I think that I am LMMFAO

My Sister had her last kidney removed on the 3rd, which hasn't been easy for me to deal with and I am sure for her to deal with. I am homebound but have broken the rules because someone needed to be there in the hospital for her. She is probably my best support that I know of and I have told my nurses that I didn't care, I needed to be there for her. Even though it has worn me out I have known when enough is enough also.

Just like yesterday, it was really windy which isn't good for me to be out in. I went yesterday morning and than I told her I probably wouldn't be able to get back up there because of the weather which she did understand. She is suppose to get released from the hospital today so that will be good news and I am suppose to go pick her up and take her home. I am glad that her son is there for her as well, and is staying there with her. She really has me worried that is for sure. The dang dialysis that she is on takes around 4 hours to do and she has to do that every other day from now on. Well at least she is keeping in good spirits.

Any Whooo that is my story and I am sticking to it LOL

I just wanted you all to know that all is as it is suppose to be

Love ya
Old 04-07-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'll add your sister to my prayers for you Vic.

Glad you are taking care of yourself
Old 04-07-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vic,

It's so good to hear from you and you continue to inspire me with your positive attitude and shining spirit.

My heart goes out to your sister. I know that dialysis will keep her alive, but it's a time-consuming treatment.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
cmc

Thanks for the update, Vic and congrats for your progress with tapering the cigs.
That's the way a few people I know have successfully quit smoking.
I'm sending prayers for you and your sister too.
:praying
Old 04-07-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((VIC))):ghug3
Old 04-07-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Good to hear from you (((((Vic))))) I am amazed at your attitude, thats some strength and spirit. Prayers for you and your sister.

Kevin
Old 04-07-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Best wishes Vic, in my prayers mate.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Life Is Good

Another overdue update!

I have been released from Home Health Care Whooo HOOOO

I am down to 40mg of steroids, and my oxygen intake in now to 3lt instead of 4 which surprise to me that I am actually being able to breath pretty good but not only that....

I am able to get around really well. I am now able to take out my trash, do dishes, clean, etc. Not as easy as before but OMG OMG OMG I never thought that I would be able to physically be able to do those things again. Not only that but I have made a meeting every day now for well over a week going closer to two weeks and it is just amazing how much they have helped me to reconnect with my inner self and my HP.

I am very grateful to be able to be alive and not only that to be able to be of service to others. For one...

My Sister is also doing rather well which is totally awesome. She keeps telling me thank you! I said that she didn't have to thank me. It is such a privilege to be able to be there for her today. Not to be all strung out on alcohol and dope is such a blessing. I am very lucky to be able to be there for not only her but for others as well.

Oh the life of Recovery! I am totally amazed! I think it says that somewhere in the Big Book. We will be amazed before we are half way through. LMAO I am not even a quarter of the way through and my outlook is getting more different everyday. Thanks friends I love ya all.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

THats Fantastic ((((((((((((((Vic)))))))))))
Old 04-25-2008, 05:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love your amazing attitude!
Old 04-25-2008, 05:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Oh Chancey.....

You humble me.

What a selfless and grateful attitude you have....

I am so glad you mending more and more each day. Down to 13 cigs? That is wonderful!

Continue to care for yourself sweetie...

Love and prayers,

Sherry
Old 04-26-2008, 05:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((Chance)))

Thanks so much for checking in. I, too, love your positive attitude.

Hugs and prayers to you and your sister!

Amy