Notices

Jumping in again

Old 04-06-2008, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Cool Jumping in again

Hello people..Friday the 4th of april it was my birthday and the birthdaygreetings i got from SR brought me here again..
my man will jump in too later..You know it's all difficult to explain in one thread..But me sitting here again with a bruised eye and cheek and a broken tooth (happily you don't see it and I even don't feel it)am very glad that Im back..My man slept about five times in jail last month becos of the drinking and i got bruised and a blue eye several times ...We really both want to stop..I've been on sr before and in a way it's the only thing that can help me..I hope my man likes it to here..I was wondering if there are still some people around who knew me from before..It would be great to meet up again..Love from Stefanie
Old 04-06-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Stefanie,

I remember you and I'm glad you're back.

I have to be honest with you. Your post sickens me.

Please leave and go to a shelter and take care of yourself.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad you are here. Please take care of yourself..

Listen to Anna and go to a shelter
Old 04-06-2008, 09:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome back ((((Stefanie)))) its hard to learn to honor ourselves, but for me its was necessary. I remember you well. I agree with Anna, get out of there and go somewhere safe.

Kevin
Old 04-06-2008, 09:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Time to get some serious local help for your violent situation.
You are in a large city...so that should be available.
Sometimes couples are toxic and need to part.

Prayers coming your way
Old 04-06-2008, 10:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Cool

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Hi Stefanie,

I remember you and I'm glad you're back.

I have to be honest with you. Your post sickens me.

Please leave and go to a shelter and take care of yourself.

Exuse me..This are the words of a forum leader?

I'm very sorry for you!!! :sorry

Love from Stefanie
Old 04-06-2008, 11:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Stefanie, I too got a bit ill when I read your post, however, it was for the fact that you have been enduring 'beatings' from this man. Knowing Anna over the years, I am sure that is what she meant also. Many of us have experienced the 'sick' behavior that you are describing, and it's very unsettling when we hear another growing through it.

That being said, it is allright to post what is going on. It' just that it's a good reminder for those of us who have been recovery for some time now.

Please find the nearest Domestic Violence shelter and get to it. The affliction of alcoholism and/or drug addiction, only gets worse, never better and his attacks are getting more violent.

Keep posting and let us know where YOU are at. We do care very much!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 04-06-2008, 11:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
Knowing Anna over the years, I am sure that is what she meant also. Many of us have experienced the 'sick' behavior that you are describing, and it's very unsettling when we hear another growing through it.
I have to agree with Laurie. Anna is one of the Most tolerant & sweetest mods here.
I really don't think she meant any harm.

I wish you well and hope you are okay.

:ghug
Old 04-06-2008, 11:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Cool

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
Stefanie, I too got a bit ill when I read your post, however, it was for the fact that you have been enduring 'beatings' from this man. Knowing Anna over the years, I am sure that is what she meant also. Many of us have experienced the 'sick' behavior that you are describing, and it's very unsettling when we hear another growing through it.

That being said, it is allright to post what is going on. It' just that it's a good reminder for those of us who have been recovery for some time now.

Please find the nearest Domestic Violence shelter and get to it. The affliction of alcoholism and/or drug addiction, only gets worse, never better and his attacks are getting more violent.

Keep posting and let us know where YOU are at. We do care very much!!!!

Love and hugs,
Realy my man never touched me one finger..I'm banned I dont know why but I can also tell you that we are dutchspeaking so it's difficult to find the right words in english..Anyhow I am banned as aries..So I can't even try to post or try to express myself in english..But I tell u my man never raised a finger to me..If he did I wouldn't stay with him..Hey been there before too..And such people don't love me..My man always got in jail becos he starts to jump around like a clown and becos he starded walking over a policecar while the cops where sitting in it..Anyhow he loves me very much ands so do I..I feel rather sorry bout the mentality here..But hey..Love peace and happiness..I'm gonna get ready for my radioprogramme..And hey maybe I write a poem bout Sr...
Old 04-06-2008, 11:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Maybe i was wrong bout the banning seems that I can log in as aries..But I don't think i feel like staying around here at the moment..Afraid to write something wrong..I don't want to sicken the people..But there isn't a forum like this in dutch.. And no care like there is in America or in the netherlands..SR was a great help for me before..But at the moment I realy don't feel welcome here..I shall keep reading the post (i think).. I really don't know..feel a bit sick myself at the moment..And it's got nothing to do with an hangover or any kind of abuse..Stefanie
Old 04-06-2008, 11:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Capricorn View Post
Realy my man never touched me one finger..I'm banned I dont know why but I can also tell you that we are dutchspeaking so it's difficult to find the right words in english..Anyhow I am banned as aries..So I can't even try to post or try to express myself in english..But I tell u my man never raised a finger to me..If he did I wouldn't stay with him..Hey been there before too..And such people don't love me..My man always got in jail becos he starts to jump around like a clown and becos he starded walking over a policecar while the cops where sitting in it..Anyhow he loves me very much ands so do I..I feel rather sorry bout the mentality here..But hey..Love peace and happiness..I'm gonna get ready for my radioprogramme..And hey maybe I write a poem bout Sr...

Sweetie your post came across as your boyfriend was the one who hurt you.

Someone saying they find it sickening that you got hurt 'that bad' is probably because they care about your well being and don't like seeing you or anyone get hurt.

If it wasn't your boyfriend who hurt you, that is how it read.
I don't know why/if you are banned, but have you thought about
talking to Anna and asking, that maybe more helpful to you than
writing poems about SR about your unhappiness here.

Most of us here actually do have a pretty high mentality.

Good Luck to you.

:ghug2
Old 04-06-2008, 11:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by ARIES View Post
Maybe i was wrong bout the banning seems that I can log in as aries
Maybe you are also wrong about how you took the post written to you???
You seemed to have missed she also said, Glad you are back...
Old 04-06-2008, 11:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi ARIES,

You have not been banned.

I think everyone thought that you were being abused when you said "i got bruised and a blue eye several times". The worry of you being abused is why Anna wrote "Your post sickens me". That is another way of expressing worry or sadness.

Seems there was a gap in communication. Please continue to post.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Originally Posted by Done-With-It View Post
Maybe you are also wrong about how you took the post written to you???
You seemed to have missed she also said, Glad you are back...
Yeah to me it also seemed that I had to leave SR..
I wasn't thinking she ment that i should leave my man..
Realy he's the most sweetest guy..Who acts like a clown when drunk..
Me I'm the one who always got in fights when drunk..
Or fall down and bruise myself..
In a way me and my man can talk very good bout the drinking problem..We also stopped smoking joints..But to me it seems it would have been good that we had some extra support
Old 04-06-2008, 11:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by ARIES View Post
Yeah to me it also seemed that I had to leave SR..
I wasn't thinking she ment that i should leave my man..
Realy he's the most sweetest guy..Who acts like a clown when drunk..
Me I'm the one who always got in fights when drunk..
Or fall down and bruise myself..
In a way me and my man can talk very good bout the drinking problem..We also stopped smoking joints..But to me it seems it would have been good that we had some extra support

Yea, I think it was just a misunderstanding. I am glad that you are still here and posting. I'm also really glad you are not being hurt by him, that is a huge relief to hear.

Congrats on wanting to get some help for yourself, I think you will like the extra support here.

Look forward to seeing you around here more.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Aries,

As MG said, you are not banned.

What I posted, was the feeling I got reading your post. I am so sorry for the situation you are in, it's just hard to read about it. It's really difficult. I didn't mean to offend you, in any way, and I really hope you continue to post. You know you have always found lots of support here.

No one should suffer abuse, especially continuous abuse and I pray that you are able to find a safe place to live.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You are welcome!!!!! Here please keep posting and Take Care Of You!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Aries

Please do not give up on SR. It can save your life. There are people here from all over the workd and that is part of why it is such a special place. We are able to step outside of our immediate environment and realize that our disease is a disease of Man, not our situation.

Anna is one of the most caring and gentle humans on earth. I know. When someone is in physical danger, we get scared and concerned. Physical safety is number one here. We care for our members.

It is easy to misunderstand others, even when among speakers of the same language. I have been misunderstood here and I have misunderstood others.

You are sooooo welcome here! You are very safe here. Give yourself and SR a chance. I don't think there is another place in the world like it. We look very much forward to get to know you. Please keep posting.

Peace

warren