Notices

Hope i dont blow this with my daughter!

Old 04-04-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Hope i dont blow this with my daughter!

1 week to go and i will have my ex forced out of my apartment. My youngest daughter and her ***** husband are staying there after i got kicked out! I was the bill payer and only one working. My little girl has a 2 month old baby! My 1st grandchild.
I'm afraid this will really tear us apart even farther. She stays with them even though deep down she probably dont want to. My ex is having an affair with her husband. It makes me mad the police kicked me out and that jerk gets to stay in my place. If i lose my daughter by doing this i dont know what i will do with myself. Probably not use again, i'm over that, but there are other ideas been floating around the last few days!!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
mle-sober

This is madness. You have total madness and chaos going on in your home and a 2 month old baby is involved.

First: I am so sorry this is what you have on your hands. It truly sounds awful.

Second: Admist all the madness you say that you will "probably not use again, i'm over that" - that sounds like a big load of something smelly to me. You are posting on a website about sobriety and recovery and that is the only line you include in your post that has anything to do with drugs or alcohol. If you are going to make a committment to sobriety in order to better your life and self, it doesn't usually start with the word, "Probably." I'm not trying to be critical. I'm just pointing out what I see.

Third: You may very well truly want sobriety and all that comes with it. You may see that your 2 month old daughter is in serious danger and you find and grab onto sobriety for her. You may well do it for yourself in an effort to extricate yourself from the chaos.

Fourth: Please do number 3, above. Please. Seek hlep. I find AA enormounsly helpful but I know there are other ways that work. Seek help for your drug or alcohol use. Do not keep swimming around in the chaos while more chaos happens. Seek help for your drug or alcohol problem. You can do it. And in the process, my money is on the idea that if you can attain sobriety, day by day, things will get better in many other aspects of your life and you will be able to think clearly enough that you will be able to appreciate it.

See Help. And Good Luck to you and your family.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

Hi Nugent, you need to be strong for you and by the sounds of things your daughter and grandchild too - they may need you very soon by the sounds of things and if you're stable and balanced you'll be able to offer them so much more than if you do something you might regret later.

Sorry you're going through a rough time, thanks for sharing too.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks mle...got 3 supporters i can call now at anytime. been going to classes for my drug use. Gonna stick with it. Your right, probably was not a good word. Havent been thinkin clearly or sleepin much! Thanks for everything. Im gonna see other counslers as well for the family issue.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks rk.. had time to talk to my supporters and thats what im workin on is stayin strong.