Progress-a little exhale

Old 04-04-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Progress-a little exhale

So, I decided to text the abpexgf about repayment of the $150 loan yesterday, wasn't real surprised when she started whining in her reply, via email, about how I "needed to know where the money went" "she wasn't spending it on drugs" and she couldn't repay me until the next check, two weeks from now.

I apologized for not including a thanks in my original text, told her I didn't need to know how she was spending her money, and asked to her to pay me back when she could. A little thing, didn't sign it, didn't think it was necessary, she had signed her email with her first name.

Her reply was very formal and businesslike, she signed it with her full name, funny and sad. Later that afternoon I put the instructions for the crock pot in her mailbox, the thing isn't that complicated but the manual has some recipes in it, they are decent recipes if you add your own personal touches, otherwise they're somewhat bland, imho.

Early in the evening, surprise, she sends me the text and wants to give a shirt back, something I had left over at her house. I obviously didn't miss the thing, otherwise would have asked for it. Will admit, it took a few minutes to come up with an appropriate response, I simply said 'keep it'. A denim shirt jacket, maybe lined, I know women wear them and I have several, no big deal.

Her final text, to which I didn't respond, 'Ok, u must really not want to see me'. I stifled the urge to respond, "WELL, DUH!" and decided the most appropriate response was none. When the two weeks rolls around, I'll let her contact me, if she has my money great, she can mail me a check, if she doesn't, I don't really need to respond to that, do I?
Old 04-04-2008, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

John it was like I said before you do what is right for you.......sounds to me if your hanging on a bit too with the crock pot thing...remember how I said I would do ANYTHING to hang on......even playing stupid works too I am a licensed chef and I called P once to come lite the stove....WTF!!! I have electric...no lighting needed just lied to keep in touch and to make me realize I "needed" him........
as for rather to get into touch or not.........that is up to you are you still willing to play the b/f knowing what she may be up against?????
Old 04-04-2008, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
When the two weeks rolls around, I'll let her contact me, if she has my money great, she can mail me a check, if she doesn't, I don't really need to respond to that, do I?

That's what I would do. I'd viewing the money as gone and if by chance I got it, well, that would be a nice surprise.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WLDKATZ View Post
John it was like I said before you do what is right for you.......sounds to me if your hanging on a bit too with the crock pot thing

I didn't honestly expect to hear from her just because I dropped those instructions off, and I debated it. I can be overly considerate, I know. But, big but here, I think I handled the last bit as well as I could, and I didn't take that long to tell her to keep it. In the future I will be taking the 'ignore' approach.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You decided to text her. Then the chaos began. I recall your previous go-'round concerning the money owed. If you continue to deal with the money owed, the crock pot, and other such things, I have the feeling you can expect more such frustrating scenarios.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
play the tape all the way thru

I think the "ignore" approach is the only way to go in the future. Otherwise you just get sucked back into the drama, that really is just insanity.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lexusgirl View Post
I think the "ignore" approach is the only way to go in the future. Otherwise you just get sucked back into the drama, that really is just insanity.
Insanity. Couldn't think of a better way to describe it!
Old 04-04-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lexusgirl View Post
Insanity. I couldn't think of a better way to describe it!
Old 04-04-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Insanity.....a very adept description